What's new

Welcome!

[Support] @Giant Shrimp Bait rebalance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm on the right board, but what's the point of this rebalance?
I mean, everyone could see that it was a spam of shinies using it, but it only got rebalanced after the donation event ending...
And if it was a bug by then, people who got them are supposed to be punished?
Hoping for a feedback.

Neelix

Banned user
Reaction score
Hmm, without that nerf, those shinies would be worth 50-100k max. It was too late to take back caught shinies like it was few years ago when there was shiny event that was more spawned shinies than normal pokes. So in my opinion there was 2 options, nerf it right now and rescue this bait, or leave as it is and totally masacre price/everything with those shinies, reason was simple.

kriller

Reaction score
I see a spam of shinies could be a lot to handle. Think how this could be broken on shinies boosts, but this nerf is ridiculous. One Magikarp on a proc? two if you have luck? One hour fishing and get what? 20-25 balls on pokemon I see people spend 5k+ on it and they keep going? The part that sounds more ridiculous is this nerf comes after the end of donate event. Two weeks to see how broken this item could be? I agree its totaly broken, but there is other ways to balance it.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
Hmm, without that nerf, those shinies would be worth 50-100k max. It was too late to take back caught shinies like it was few years ago when there was shiny event that was more spawned shinies than normal pokes. So in my opinion there was 2 options, nerf it right now and rescue this bait, or leave as it is and totally masacre price/everything with those shinies, reason was simple.

To be honest, I don't see a problem of a shiny getting a low price. You can see around S. Quagsires/Corsolas for 30-50k. Those shinies also are not a leverage inside the "meta" gaming that we have nowadays, so would be nothing special. Also, not everything is supposed to be profittable in the game.

The scenario now is:
People FARMED those shinies. In platinum, guys got 1~2 of each, then borrowed the bait for someone else, that got them too, and this over and over. Seeing the amount of the balls used, probably most of the regular people will not have a chance to get them, so the prices of them will be really high, benefitting only those who initially had the bait and fished during the "bug". So, it would benefit only a few.
In other hand, I see people (including myself) that only donated to get the bait as it was, after many of them already had it (and caught pokes already), and then, few days later, it became something I was not searching for. Had to open 19 boxes to get a bait, was giving up on it when a staff member said "Lany confirmed that the bait will remain like this". This made me donate even more to finally get it.
IF it has to be nerfed, it has to go somewhere around the midpoint. I said that the bait was broken as it was, but totally destroying it is not a way to rebalance.

Last edited:

Barcelo

Reaction score
It could be a good suggestion that the appearance of these Pokemon (Shiny Politoed, Araquanid and Magikarp) happens the same as it was (x4-x8) but with less relevance, let me explain: If during the event every 10 rods you could get between 1 to 2 respawn , now go down between about 20 rods to get 1 respawn, and as Karl says, it is unfair for the people who help / donate / collaborate with the game, after all these people are the ones who keep us playing and at one time otherwise we must listen and understand them. This nerf is very badly set and I apologize for that. Several times I have criticized and several times I read from Raissa that it is better to collaborate with solutions and good words. That is why I am calling for the bait to be rebalanced in a correct way, first: because it was by donation, second: because no need Meowth Bait, third: because its performance is reduced by 500-600%. Greetings pretty people <3

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
It could be a good suggestion that the appearance of these Pokemon (Shiny Politoed, Araquanid and Magikarp) happens the same as it was (x4-x8) but with less relevance, let me explain: If during the event every 10 rods you could get between 1 to 2 respawn , now go down between about 20 rods to get 1 respawn, and as Karl says, it is unfair for the people who help / donate / collaborate with the game, after all these people are the ones who keep us playing and at one time otherwise we must listen and understand them. This nerf is very badly set and I apologize for that. Several times I have criticized and several times I read from Raissa that it is better to collaborate with solutions and good words. That is why I am calling for the bait to be rebalanced in a correct way, first: because it was by donation, second: because no need Meowth Bait, third: because its performance is reduced by 500-600%. Greetings pretty people <3

At the beginning, it was just a matter of getting the Meowth Bait formula and change the shinies, for example, changing S Corsola, S Quagsire and S Ludicolo and changing for S Politoed; S Kingdra and S Primarina for S Araquanid; and S Bruxish and S Eelektross for S Big Karp. But making a boost like that at the beginning and a nerf from hero to zero sounds too harsh. Options could be either keeping the old spawn and decreasing the appearance rates, or keeping the appearance rates and decreasing the amount of shinies to the half. It is a reasonable nerf. Not that good, considering that many of us went on a donation frenzy for what the bait was, but still better than the scenario that can, without a doubt, benefit only few.

Testalin

Reaction score
We can write anything here but the fact is they DGAF. The ammount of shinies spawned by this bait was an advertisement "Hey get bait for donation boxes and obtain new shinies easily" and now we can go back to normal spawn rate. Changes probably won't be rolled back. Enough shinies have been caught that shouldn't been caught that easily. It's good but why so late. If u see person that threw 2k balls daily on new shiny you should intervene in first few days.

Billy hatake

Reaction score
a few years ago some people abused an error like this, and we had a rollback cuz it was very easy to catch shiny pokemons, I believe staff will do the same, cuz if there was a fix on this item, it's a sign that the item was wrong, and if it was wrong people who caught 3+ shinies abused a mistake.

Lany

Tutors
Reaction score
staff member said "Lany confirmed that the bait will remain like this".

Staff member, Lany whaaaat??? what????

I want to ask you one thing in the kindest way, since i know it might not be the last time.

- If you are going to invent things, don't do it with my nickname.

I would like to explain why in the most attentive and calm way, so please don't be alert by this.

1.- I'm not a Staff Member, and maybe i never will be since i can help the community without stealing a space.
2.- I didn't talk about this with any Staff Member
3.- I don't make decisions, im a simple player.
4.- The only person who asked me as a friend was Nanevil and the question was: Why? and my answer was what "I believe" since as i repeat, i don't make decisions, and it was: "To take care of the economy"

But now that i think about it talking to "my friends" there are many other reasons, since i don't know why the Staff actually made this decision.

I appreciate that you take this post calmly and don't mention my name again since it doesn't seem fair that i'm a target when i'm just a simple player who wants to play quietly.

Thanks.

Neelix

Banned user
Reaction score
a few years ago some people abused an error like this, and we had a rollback cuz it was very easy to catch shiny pokemons, I believe staff will do the same, cuz if there was a fix on this item, it's a sign that the item was wrong, and if it was wrong people who caught 3+ shinies abused a mistake.

Hmm Billy, there were a lot of catches of Red Gyarados and Crystal Onixes in last 2 weeks, maybe it is a bug and we have to give them back too? what u say?

Billy hatake

Reaction score
Hmm Billy, there were a lot of catches of Red Gyarados and Crystal Onixes in last 2 weeks, maybe it is a bug and we have to give them back too? what u say?

if we caught for some bug we should return it yes.

regarding bait, some people used 1k+ ball a day on these shiny ones, do you think this is normal or not?

in relation to crystal onix or red gyarados we've been trying for many years... but those people who caught 3+ shiny needed only 4 days.

I know you are one of the people who abused this system flaw, be fair and assume that before this fix the bait was op.

Last edited:

Neelix

Banned user
Reaction score
if we caught for some bug we should return it yes.

regarding bait, some people used 1k+ ball a day on these shiny ones, do you think this is normal or not?

in relation to crystal onix or red gyarados we've been trying for many years... but those people who caught 3+ shiny needed only 4 days.

I know you are one of the people who abused this system flaw, be fair and assume that before this fix this bait was op.

Dont take it wrong, but it sounds seriously stupid xd
Who said it was bug? maybe it was especially like this for higher rates event? Keep in mind that meowth bait was nerfed too, he can spawn more shinies, but he have disturbing pokes like Mega Slowbro etc...
Also about "abusing" that system... 11:21 Used 15 super balls, 8 ultra balls, 6662 rocket balls on Shiny Araquanid. you think im happy with that result? Im the one of players that was saying since beginning its too good, was suggesting nerf since beginning, and where you was then?

Billy hatake

Reaction score
Who said it was bug? maybe it was especially like this for higher rates event? Keep in mind that meowth bait was nerfed too, he can spawn more shinies, but he have disturbing pokes like Mega Slowbro etc...
Also about "abusing" that system... 11:21 Used 15 super balls, 8 ultra balls, 6662 rocket balls on Shiny Araquanid. you think im happy with that result? Im the one of players that was saying since beginning its too good, was suggesting nerf since beginning, and where you was then?

I won't take this the wrong way, I won't waste time fighting in the forum anymore, I just said what happened in the past when some people abused this type of bug, and I believe the staff will not leave it at that, because they want a good game for everyone, not just for some players.

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
You certainly didn't use bait at launch, it was a lot worse than now and was later buffed due complains, sadly it was overbuffed.

I doubt any bait owner didn't expect the incoming nerf, which was delayed till end of rates event even few days more after the end of it,
it was not an advertisement strategy, it just sucks to make restarts during rates event (even if some staff members tend to do them more than neccesary), and would rather let players enjoy it during a rates event.

It was not an error/bug and these catches won't be reversed.

It is hard to balance it and keep it compatible with Meowth bait, right now it is balance in a place between the launch version and the buffed version.

Will there be improvements? Maybe, let's not forget Meowth bait received many buffes to end where it is now.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
Staff member, Lany whaaaat??? what????

I want to ask you one thing in the kindest way, since i know it might not be the last time.

- If you are going to invent things, don't do it with my nickname.

I would like to explain why in the most attentive and calm way, so please don't be alert by this.

1.- I'm not a Staff Member, and maybe i never will be since i can help the community without stealing a space.
2.- I didn't talk about this with any Staff Member
3.- I don't make decisions, im a simple player.
4.- The only person who asked me as a friend was Nanevil and the question was: Why? and my answer was what "I believe" since as i repeat, i don't make decisions, and it was: "To take care of the economy"

But now that i think about it talking to "my friends" there are many other reasons, since i don't know why the Staff actually made this decision.

I appreciate that you take this post calmly and don't mention my name again since it doesn't seem fair that i'm a target when i'm just a simple player who wants to play quietly.

Thanks.

I dont need to invent anything, if I used your name is because Zoombiebr said it to the entire PT chat, that in "conversations with you, you confirmed that the bait would stay like that" when I said it was broke af and would be nerfed soon. There's no reason to invent such a thing, so no worries, I wouldnt drag your name into this if this didn't happened. Maybe it's a matter of taking care about how the things are said, cause this is exactly how the conversation gone on pt chat, and if someone can access the logs of the pt chat, feel free to confirm it.

About every point you stated above, nothing new, dw. But be careful, people is using your name as "the wife of game's owner"(Br, Zoombie, 2021), and in the context it is being used look way more than being a simple player (and btw, you were on the pt chat when he said that too).

Last edited:

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
You certainly didn't use bait at launch, it was a lot worse than now and was later buffed due complains, sadly it was overbuffed.

I doubt any bait owner didn't expect the incoming nerf, which was delayed till end of rates event even few days more after the end of it,
it was not an advertisement strategy, it just sucks to make restarts during rates event (even if some staff members tend to do them more than neccesary), and would rather let players enjoy it during a rates event.

It was not an error/bug and these catches won't be reversed.

It is hard to balance it and keep it compatible with Meowth bait, right now it is balance in a place between the launch version and the buffed version.

Will there be improvements? Maybe, let's not forget Meowth bait received many buffes to end where it is now.

So what about letting the bait as it was for some time now, with people knowing it is a temporary thing? Or you could, if you want, use one of the suggestions, since the impact in the game is already done, check the catch logs by yourself. We just want a fair game and fair conditions to everyone.
In my opinion, the only mistake was not letting the players know that those rates would be temporary afterall. So people who were interested on those pokes could tryhard dealing with other RL times. And seriously, talking for myself, I wouldn't invest almost 1k reais to get a bait that look like it is now. So I think that we can find a halfway around here.
I don't mean to teach you your job, I just want to improve the things with suggestions.

Last edited:

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score

You certainly aren't happy for that. But now imagine if after donating and getting the bait that it was broke, you decided to fish with it only after the rebalance. Imagine throwing 6666~ balls on a pokemon with the bait as it was nerfed, and fishing one poke at the time?
Again, it's not about your pain, or mine, or w/e. It's about making it balanced and fair for everyone. Just think about it. What is fair for me, is fair for you and for everyone else in the game, meaning higher chances for you, for everyone that already got it, for me, for everyone that will buy baits later. Thats how a community and multiplayer game should be.

ZoombieBR

Reaction score
I dont need to invent anything, if I used your name is because Zoombiebr said it to the entire PT chat, that in "conversations with you, you confirmed that the bait would stay like that" when I said it was broke af and would be nerfed soon. There's no reason to invent such a thing, so no worries, I wouldnt drag your name into this if this didn't happened. Maybe it's a matter of taking care about how the things are said, cause this is exactly how the conversation gone on pt chat, and if someone can access the logs of the pt chat, feel free to confirm it.

About every point you stated above, nothing new, dw. But be careful, people is using your name as "the wife of game's owner"(Br, Zoombie, 2021), and in the context it is being used look way more than being a simple player (and btw, you were on the pt chat when he said that too).

Hi crybaby, i haven't mentioned anything to you about Lany telling me that bait would look like that, because i don't even talk to you and i try to avoid you as much as possible. When bait was released it wasn't very good and so they made an adjustment that improved it a lot, which became abusive for a server where everything is difficult, so i even commented on the abusive amount that was coming with some superiors and that hasn't changed (so they were aware of it). The funniest thing about all of this is that when the bait was like that NOBODY came here on the forum to create a post saying "fix the new bait it's coming a lot of shinys", everyone went crazy wanting it and borrowing it now that it it was nerfed you come to complain here on the forum, as i said in the game there are opportunities that only come 1x and if you donated to get the bait it was because you wanted to and nobody forced you, you knew the risks you were taking and you were foolish to think that it would stay like this forever.

edit: it's so ridiculous and tedious to waste the time of my life to answer you on the forum, even though i know it's not worth wasting time i still have to give satisfaction, read what Jano said and be happy with it and if you have free time i lend you my 3 new Shinys to try them out, kisses

squirtlelove

Last edited:

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
Hi crybaby, i haven't mentioned anything to you about Lany telling me that bait would look like that, because i don't even talk to you and i try to avoid you as much as possible. When bait was released it wasn't very good and so they made an adjustment that improved it a lot, which became abusive for a server where everything is difficult, so i even commented on the abusive amount that was coming with some superiors and that hasn't changed (so they were aware of it). The funniest thing about all of this is that when the bait was like that NOBODY came here on the forum to create a post saying "fix the new bait it's coming a lot of shinys", everyone went crazy wanting it and borrowing it now that it it was nerfed you come to complain here on the forum, as i said in the game there are opportunities that only come 1x and if you donated to get the bait it was because you wanted to and nobody forced you, you knew the risks you were taking and you were foolish to think that it would stay like this forever.

edit: it's so ridiculous and tedious to waste the time of my life to answer you on the forum, even though i know it's not worth wasting time i still have to give satisfaction, read what Jano said and be happy with it and if you have free time i lend you my 3 new Shinys to try them out, kisses

squirtlelove

Well, as I said, they can check the logs if they want, I wouldn't gain any leverage by lying such thing :). But seeing how you behave just show what I said yesterday at the pt chat. Nice behavior you had there, as you said "some chances only happen once".

Maybe thats what Legendary said too, right?

Kingox

Reaction score
Karl in the whole thread

aa1yiyU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back