Dragons

What do you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi guys,
So since you are saying that dragons are weak against other types, because they deal dmg x1 only, here's the poll to vote. We also invite you for a discussion and suggestions in comments.

Keep in mind, that any kind of change would firstly be done only for 1-3 weeks for a test to see how it works.
a) If you vote for a damage and some dragons will become too op;
1. We'll decrease damage of certain spell(s) but only in pokemon that is having a problem.
2. We'll revert change if all dragons become too strong, unbeatable, killing their weaknesses.

b) If you vote for higher hp and it will become ubeatable, killiing ther weakness;
a) we will revert change
b) we'll decrease hp of certain dragons

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
damage must be x1.50 they are dragon G:

higher hp is only help for duels, x1,25 dmg is also for duels, because everyone use pokes that deals x2 damage on exp, so its pointless to make dragon type mostly for duels.
My idea is to make something what is not right with bulbapedia, make normal types weak from dragon type. As far i know, normal type is only weak from fights, so other weakness from dragons will not make anything not balanced or normal pokes to weak, but will help to the dragon type.

adriangrc07

Reaction score
-Increased damage to dragon type moves, even if the poke wasnt dragon
-Increased HP to all dragons

stin stauer

Reaction score
higher hp is only help for duels, x1,25 dmg is also for duels, because everyone use pokes that deals x2 damage on exp, so its pointless to make dragon type mostly for duels.
My idea is to make something what is not right with bulbapedia, make normal types weak from dragon type. As far i know, normal type is only weak from fights, so other weakness from dragons will not make anything not balanced or normal pokes to weak, but will help to the dragon type.

Well, i totally disagree with it

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
Ofc damage always wins, better in pvp than health and in exp you use revives anyway.

stin stauer

Reaction score
It seems more damage is winning, if it's the choice of the most, it should be considered increasing only the damage of dragon moves, not ALL the moves from the dragons, to avoid the Op system

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
damage must be x1.50 they are dragon G:
That's too much and we're not going to approve it.

I Think Pure Dragon are so weak, pokemons with double types are so strong now, but not cause dragon moves, please be carefull with this.

Regards
Considering that strongest spells deal 3000x1 dmg, 25% from it is additional 750. Which imo doen't make a big difference but helps a bit.

nope

It seems more damage is winning, if it's the choice of the most, it should be considered increasing only the damage of dragon moves, not ALL the moves from the dragons, to avoid the Op system
that would be a set up of pokemons being weak to dragons by x1.25. We are not going to edit base damage, otherwise dragons would deal x2.5 dmg to themselves.

Gandryk

Reaction score
Well ma'am, quoting you

Considering that strongest spells deal 3000x1 dmg, 25% from it is additional 750. Which imo doen't make a big difference but helps a bit.

A bit is not enough, but I feel you increasing 50% dmg it's a bit too much, so my suggestion is:

The main problem about dragon on duel is that when someone uses Fairy against it you can't do much. Not your guilty but Nintendo because instead of making 0.5x damage it's 0. Also there are just a few fairys used on duel:

Mega Mawile, Florges, Slurpuff, Tapu Koko, and maybe few more, but mainly those.

So when you add maybe a Gunk Shot should be a nice idea to scratch Florges 36k HP + Giga Drain Passive + Wish + double held, that's for me it's a bit too much however isn't nerfed.

Or using Gunk Shot against Mawile, inmune and well, 37,800hp + intimidate + defensive held, hard AF.

But well, almost every Fairy Type a very nice moveset, that's not your fault neither, since Nintendo did that.

After all this chit chat, my suggestion is yes, increase dmg and also if it's possible in every dragon should include a counter move, ofc would be too much to have in every dragon poison move + fire move, almost every poke can learn Toxic, if you could change Toxic to work as Air Slash formula, can help a bit, as I wrote, this is how I see dragons could be improved. Not forcing or something like that, feedback is welcome as always!

Last edited:

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
I Think Pure Dragon are so weak, pokemons with double types are so strong now, but not cause dragon moves, please be carefull with this.

Regards

Yeah , I think that too.

This change would be a sword with double edge due to now pokes like naganadel or Turtonator,etc are really strong in pvp/pve,for this reason I doubt a little.But obviously can make better the ones that has only one type and it would be really usefull for example Haxorus.

Anyway is a test, lets see what happen. :)

Nymeria

Reaction score
I agree on dmg buff. But I don't agree with the suggestion made. Honestly, to me, the answer to dragon type is tht it needs protection and ref to survive big spawns, cuzz poke tibia mechanics to exp.
Some moves on gba hits more than the current base used on pad. GBA USES 0-100 to do dmg, some moves go up to 250 ,Wich makes normal and dragon pokes more usable. Exp: dragon wave base dmg 100, would hit 1k per hit.. eternabeam ( bulba pedia) 160, would hit on 1x pokes 1.6.
SUGGESTION: No need to buff them all, just add moves that would hit more than the current damage base. Imagine.
What's the point on using moves like returned to hit 6k? If some equivalent moves hits 12k?

Nymeria

Reaction score
I agree on dmg buff. But I don't agree with the suggestion made. Honestly, to me, the answer to dragon type is tht it needs protection and ref to survive big spawns, cuzz poke tibia mechanics to exp.
Some moves on gba hits more than the current base used on pad. GBA USES 0-100 to do dmg, some moves go up to 250 ,Wich makes normal and dragon pokes more usable. Exp: dragon wave base dmg 100, would hit 1k per hit.. eternabeam ( bulba pedia) 160, would hit on 1x pokes 1.6.
SUGGESTION: No need to buff them all, just add moves that would hit more than the current damage base. Imagine.
What's the point on using moves like returned to hit 6k? If some equivalent moves hits 12k?

I think that my suggestion is the less complicated, mentioned by players. The 1.25 I can't see a big diff to make normal and dragon type great. Don't forget about normal plz. Ppl only use normal to play safe on ghost spawns... All of them are pretty much useless...
And for those whom doenst know, Normal type is one of the strongest along with Dragon on pokemon world. Yet, on current mechanic on pad, they sucks

thedarkmanxd123

Reaction score
Take into account what chekkito said that dragons with double type are so strong take such example : Turtonator has 27.5 hp with a good held it can defeat his weakness and this poke is not weak to fairy so there is not any reason to put counter move against fairy type.
Dragalge their types are enough good for fairy and specially has some moves against ground which is one of its main weaknesses.
We only have 3 pure dragon type and one of them is the most worse pokemon dragon type : Haxorus only has one move that can hit fairy and false swipe but we dont know What will come out . Not take into account Guzzlord and Hydreigon because are Dark/Dragon so i think They dont have too much opportunity to deal damage fairy type.
And checking pokedex there are 16 dragon pokes that They have 3 to 5 moves to deal damage to fairy type. I think it is not neccesary put gunk shot in every poke , It makes worst fairy type , I think ONLY putting a counter move in dragon pokes that really need it because most of them can deal damage to fairy type.
According to the poll more damage will win so I know that Staff cant set pokemon damage by pokemon so take care about this dragon type pokemons that can becomen op after this improvement.
IMO , The main problem is the moveset not the hp or damage ,
As we know Sting has been doing some rebalances that are good , only lets check naganadel that got a good improvement but Well the poll is done.

Last edited:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
That the poll is done, that doesn't mean we'll apply a change. We are waiting for your arguments for yes or no, for change X or Y etc.

stin stauer

Reaction score
i lvl up almost all the dragons to 130 and they are nice. With PVE i see no problem, they die fast but they kill fast too (I leveled all the dragons killing dragons).

if you continue to lvl up dragon on dragons respaw nothing will change with 1,25% damage.

the problem has always been PvP, i would give some of them 2k+ HP and that's ok.. they would survive longer to deal some more damage on PvP, but on respaws it woudn't change much..

Tsotss

Reaction score
To be honest I don't get the point why Dragons should be review under its type. This way next would be what? Normal types pokes, since they deal DMG x1 on everything and 0x on ghost (unless some pokes have ability Scrappy or different types of moves on moveset). It has just one type in which one Dragons don't deal any DMG and it should always lose against Fairy, so. Actually making 1,25x DMG (I hope its just about dragon-type moves, not every move in moveset or even with it) won't change so much. On massive resps usually players exp using revives as in every other resps, since its just to use the best moves, revive, again the best moves and that's all. In PVE case 1,25x means faster killing spawn and faster exping (I doubt its about dragons are bad in exp, for me its just about killing pokes faster and this way lvling up faster). Usually with Dragons-type pokes you go to Dragon resps pokes so there is everything correct - DMG x2 and taking some DMG, here is x2, yeah but in every massive resps your pokes die fast and many of players know that, so don't know where is the problem. I exped many Dragon pokes and I really enjoyed it, even if I used many revives - but I do the same on every bigger spawn. Some Dragons have Protection move, some can learn Reflect to keep alive a bit longer on resps.

In PVP case - well, here not every pokemon is supposed to be for duel - and its not just about Dragon-type pokes, but generally. Actually for duel are some good Dragons, like Drudiggon, Turtonator, Tyrantrum and maybe something more.

Remember that most of the times you have different variety of TMs to not have only full Dragon moves pokes, if you want to have Dragon-type duel pokemon.

More HP - maybe it's any solution too, but as in 1,25x DMG (imo) its just to have longer pokes alive on exp. In PVP I think it won't change so much.

So for me, as I voted - keep it as it is.

Back