What's new

Welcome!

Dragons

What do you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
To be honest I don't get the point why Dragons should be review under its type. This way next would be what? Normal types pokes, since they deal DMG x1 on everything and 0x on ghost (unless some pokes have ability Scrappy or different types of moves on moveset). It has just one type in which one Dragons don't deal any DMG and it should always lose against Fairy, so. Actually making 1,25x DMG (I hope its just about dragon-type moves, not every move in moveset or even with it) won't change so much. On massive resps usually players exp using revives as in every other resps, since its just to use the best moves, revive, again the best moves and that's all. In PVE case 1,25x means faster killing spawn and faster exping (I doubt its about dragons are bad in exp, for me its just about killing pokes faster and this way lvling up faster). Usually with Dragons-type pokes you go to Dragon resps pokes so there is everything correct - DMG x2 and taking some DMG, here is x2, yeah but in every massive resps your pokes die fast and many of players know that, so don't know where is the problem. I exped many Dragon pokes and I really enjoyed it, even if I used many revives - but I do the same on every bigger spawn. Some Dragons have Protection move, some can learn Reflect to keep alive a bit longer on resps.

In PVP case - well, here not every pokemon is supposed to be for duel - and its not just about Dragon-type pokes, but generally. Actually for duel are some good Dragons, like Drudiggon, Turtonator, Tyrantrum and maybe something more.

Remember that most of the times you have different variety of TMs to not have only full Dragon moves pokes, if you want to have Dragon-type duel pokemon.

More HP - maybe it's any solution too, but as in 1,25x DMG (imo) its just to have longer pokes alive on exp. In PVP I think it won't change so much.

So for me, as I voted - keep it as it is.

In exp you won't use this 1.25x to exp on grass or somewhere, cuz you are going to lose anyway with any other type dealing 2x.
And normal type moves deal like 1.40x in all 1x types, example: boomburst deals 2.1k in each hit vs other normal pokemon, and other pump moves deal 1,5k in 1x, return deals 700dmg ea, while bullet seed for example deals 500 in 1x.
At all you won't win ks on spawn with lower dmg, but they seem to be average against everything, so at all you can use them anywhere.

And it's obvious they boost dragon moves and not all moves in dragon pokemons.

stin stauer

Reaction score
The problem is PvP, not PVE, ppl always lvl up dragons, but on PvP they don't use it much.
Increasing damage will make worse to use dragons respaws tô lvl up Ice or fairy.
The change should be only pvp

Tsotss

Reaction score
In exp you won't use this 1.25x to exp on grass or somewhere, cuz you are going to lose anyway with any other type dealing 2x.
And normal type moves deal like 1.40x in all 1x types, example: boomburst deals 2.1k in each hit vs other normal pokemon, and other pump moves deal 1,5k in 1x, return deals 700dmg ea, while bullet seed for example deals 500 in 1x.
At all you won't win ks on spawn with lower dmg, but they seem to be average against everything, so at all you can use them anywhere.

And it's obvious they boost dragon moves and not all moves in dragon pokemons.

About that 1,4x DMG from normal in 1x types didn't know.

Anyway if the DMG will be increased still Dragons would be useful only on Dragons, cus of x2 DMG on them, so making 1,25x as I said won't change so much and as you said - there won't be possible to win in ks.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
About that 1,4x DMG from normal in 1x types didn't know.

Anyway if the DMG will be increased still Dragons would be useful only on Dragons, cus of x2 DMG on them, so making 1,25x as I said won't change so much and as you said - there won't be possible to win in ks.
Well, not really, dragons have their resistances also so it's worth to use them against water for example

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
I agree with Lewuzeq.
Having thought deeply, Im sure anyway with "an increasement of dmg" wouldnt make usefull the pure Dragons in pve (only for dragons resps) because people will prefer pokes that deals dmg x2 in the resps instead 1.25x, for instance normal pokes arent good for exp.
So, this change wouldnt change anything in pve, but could ruin pvp,I will explain it:
In pvp, as I mentioned before only some pokes need rebalance to looks attractive such as goodra , dragonite again and Haxorus. However,now there are pokes that are really strong in pvp including naganadel, kommo-o,Turtonator,Tyrantrum,so if this change would be applied ,I can say these poke would be too strong and I think it isnt the objective, right?. Or maybe someone could say that these pokes are useless now? I really doubt it.

Probably these changes will be applied just seeing the poll, but I really hope this change will be reverted anyway.
IMO, the best solution is to rebalance the pokes that really needs it, so everything would be balanced without changing all. Also, some people havent had taken the enough time to check some dragons after the new rebalance(less than a week). In other words giving them counter moves(only for the ones that really needs it) would be enough,another point plus, only if u can reconsider adding lava plume in tms for all the dragons, it would help them against steel in pvp,but with adding counter moves I think would be enough.

Finally, I want to emphasize and say to people not to only take account the dmg, remember that dual types with dragon give them a lot of resistances that are good for pvp. I dont consider that the type fairy is a problem knowing that they will never defeat them and many people dont use more than 1-2 fairy in team.
In this case pokes fight would be always in disadvantage only because some ghost strong pokes like banette or mega gengar, including fairies are more used ,Obviously they can do anything against them.To add fight has less resistances than dragon type.

stin stauer

Reaction score
Anyway, if there is any change coming, it should only be aplied on duels, since the suggestions came from this, outside the duels people have never complained about dragons

Juangutierrez

Reaction score
would be good 0.5 or less dragon dmg to fairy maybe improve 1 or 2 counter movements
increase damage in general i don't think it fixes the main problem

Ashtib

Reaction score
In my opinion the "best" option to improve dragon family is to add MAYBE (need to be checked) 1-2k more hp AND 1-2 moves who can help vs weakness one example of this kind of dragon is druddigon. So im a little agree with Caxoxd comment.

Zecao

Reaction score
From my point of view, the dragon type is characterized by having many resistances, what do I think is the problem with dragons in padventures?
[] THE BAD FOCUS ON THEIR MOVESETS / LEARNSETS
I think dragons should have a maximum of 3 dragon-type attacks (since the only effectiveness they have is against another dragon)

[] CURES OR PROTECTIONS
Normally a pokemon that accesses Endure / Protection / Reflect / Roost or another type of protective mechanism, suffers from having very low HP. (When your main objective is not to effectively damage the other pokemons, but to win based on their resistances, rather than their attack power)

[] At least 1-2 Movements that fight their counterparts (fairy, ice).

[] WHAT OTHER PURPOSE DOES THE BUFF TO THE DRAGONS HAVE?
Not only involving the fairy types, but also adding to the meta the ice types, who currently completely disappeared, being the only two exponents (Crystal Onix and Shiny Stantler) (the latter being normal type)

[] I think the fairest and most efficient measure is to add these changes in addition to a 1-2k HP increase, depending on the pokemon. And test the possibility of letting them damage 0.025% of damage to the fairy types, since it is very unfair that in a fight that involves "Cooldown" and a damage of even 200-500 can make a difference when fighting

stin stauer

Reaction score
I agree with ashtib and zecao, the boost should be on HP (1-3k depending on the dragon) and nothing else.

they are known by the large HP, that would save them and not interfere on the normal rates of damage from the game

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
I agree with ashtib and zecao, the boost should be on HP (1-3k depending on the dragon) and nothing else.

they are known by the large HP, that would save them and not interfere on the normal rates of damage from the game

Well, adding more hp depend the dragon, sounds more convincent.

NatanTetsuya

Reaction score
the damage of the dragon types is good, it would be good to change some moves of certain pokemons like Druddigon / Goodra / Dragalge / Noivern / Turtonator maybe with some change in your defense, you would not need to increase the damage of everyone making some pokes staying unbalanced.

falconflu

Reaction score
Improve the damage. Dragon only do double damage against another dragons... also moves like rain dance when got double damage, can hit 2300 or more. So... put deagons moves with strong hit damage like 1900 with neautral types. When u hit another dragon with dragon type will hit a lot... But both is dragons, if he hit you, will hit a lot too. Maybe put a little bit +HP to each dragon and it will be fixed. Like more 1 or 2k HP to each dragon.

Last edited:

Nymeria

Reaction score
HP boost ain't fixing properly the matter of why dragons sucks. As I said and was totally ignored ( forever alone ) the real issue is the base dmg of dragons. Again, as I said, I suggest to u guys to create moves that hits over the current dmg base, so like gba, dragons could hit harder thant it does. Like 2k hit on 1x pokes, if u change de dmg base on that spell, would hit 3k on 1x pokes. Or even more. I said on page 2. Bring from gba, those special moves that hits higher than the usual dmg base. To stay true to gba, that would affect dragons too, and hits like critical moves... IF U NOTICE that it's overpowered on spawns and so on, you could disable that on dragons, and only working on other types.
PS: MY SUGGESTION OF NEW MOVES WITH NEW DAMAGE BASE GOES TO NORMAL POKES AS WELL.

stin stauer

Reaction score
HP boost ain't fixing properly the matter of why dragons sucks. As I said and was totally ignored ( forever alone ) the real issue is the base dmg of dragons. Again, as I said, I suggest to u guys to create moves that hits over the current dmg base, so like gba, dragons could hit harder thant it does. Like 2k hit on 1x pokes, if u change de dmg base on that spell, would hit 3k on 1x pokes. Or even more. I said on page 2. Bring from gba, those special moves that hits higher than the usual dmg base. To stay true to gba, that would affect dragons too, and hits like critical moves... IF U NOTICE that it's overpowered on spawns and so on, you could disable that on dragons, and only working on other types.
PS: MY SUGGESTION OF NEW MOVES WITH NEW DAMAGE BASE GOES TO NORMAL POKES AS WELL.

Normal pokes are fine.

jeanm5

Reaction score
I vote for them to increase hp, so that they appear more in duels, because pve already has a good performance

Back