What's new

Welcome!

Charm system

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
the only thing that I would like to know is what charm I am about to do since when I want to make the charm I don't even see the image of the charm in the dex

DT2x67b.png

Because you get random lvl1 charm after doing first task

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
Sure, that's why it'd cost a high price, like I suggested

We will consider your suggestion, but most likely not something will happen soon.

Another suggestion: upgrade this interface to allow us to disable (and why not enable) our charms. As we all know alolan pokes only get recorded on dex after we catch them, so if we have one active and forget to disable it before leaving respawn we would have to go back there just to disable it

And a question: in practice, what's the difference between Wealth and Lucky Charms?

1. Table rows are not clickable and investing time into making them clickable right now is not a good idea.
2. What toxic said

the only thing that I would like to know is what charm I am about to do since when I want to make the charm I don't even see the image of the charm in the dex

Random

What i notice, i may be wrong:
Lucky charm gives you x% to drop certain items
Wealth Charm gives you x% to drop extra loot(like you would kill one extra poke)

Correct

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
- Added missing Pokemons to charm task system, if there is still some Pokemon missing that we forgot request it in forum.
- Increased maximum simultaneous charm tasks to 4.
- The following Pokemons will be treated as a family in task/charm system: burmy, wormadam, oricorio, lycanroc, combee.

Patriot

Reaction score
I have a question about Tyrantrum. If someone has already done 100,000,000 BC Quest and has no access to respawn. Is there then one more respawn with this pokemon? Because if there isn't, then many people lose the opportunity to get bonuses for this pokemon. I don't know if there are still pokemons with a similar situation, but if they are, how are you going to solve this problem?

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
- Added missing Pokemons to charm task system, if there is still some Pokemon missing that we forgot request it in forum.
- Increased maximum simultaneous charm tasks to 4.
- The following Pokemons will be treated as a family in task/charm system: burmy, wormadam, oricorio, lycanroc, combee.

can u treat pikachu cosplays as a family too? there are respaw of regular pikachu only so it makes sense

demzpacito

Reaction score
What i notice, i may be wrong:
Lucky charm gives you x% to drop certain items
Wealth Charm gives you x% to drop extra loot(like you would kill one extra poke)

so in practice they are the same, at least for really hard items

Lets say we have lvl 3 max upgraded of both charms and chance of dropping a given item is x

if you have wealth activated: chance to kill a poke and drop this given item = x + 0,2x (0,2x comes from the chance of getting an extra loot * the chance of dropping the given item)

if you have lucky activated: 1,2x (1,2 comes as a multiplier factor for the regular chance, once lucky charm gives you 20% more chance of looting)

can anyone confirm my reasoning has logic or no, please?

im asking all that cause i got lvl 3 wealthy on meowth and i dont know if i should try to change it to lucky (only aim is to drop amulet coin). if my reasoning is correct then it doesnt make a difference to change

regards

Patriot

Reaction score
I have a question about Tyrantrum. If someone has already done 100,000,000 BC Quest and has no access to respawn. Is there then one more respawn with this pokemon? Because if there isn't, then many people lose the opportunity to get bonuses for this pokemon. I don't know if there are still pokemons with a similar situation, but if they are, how are you going to solve this problem?

Bump!!!

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
Can you make something like charms configuration?
For example in first configuration you can have 3 different charms and in second 3 different, or just remove limits for charms -.- its reeeaaaly iritating to switch between exp charm, catch charm ect...

Patriot

Reaction score
That's the only respawn of the pokemon as far as I know. But, why do you see that as a problem?

I would love to tell you, but my English isn't at the academic level and the discussion with you is pointless because you don't have the status of server staff.

demzpacito

Reaction score
1. Table rows are not clickable and investing time into making them clickable right now is not a good idea.

Another idea came up to my mind to solve this issue: a command to deactivate all active charms (or to deactivate each specific charm, but i guess that would take much more effort).

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
Can you make something like charms configuration?
For example in first configuration you can have 3 different charms and in second 3 different, or just remove limits for charms -.- its reeeaaaly iritating to switch between exp charm, catch charm ect...

Bump plz

demzpacito

Reaction score
Another idea came up to my mind to solve this issue: a command to deactivate all active charms (or to deactivate each specific charm, but i guess that would take much more effort).

Bump.

Another thing:

A week or two ago Jano told me that bonus provided by Catch Charm is a flat number and not a percentage like all other Charms.

He said he wouldn't say what are these numbers but I beg to insist on it. I mean, we have the number for extra chance (0,5%), right? So why can't we have these numbers for the extra chance from charm? Its fundamental information for deciding whether its worth it to try to get it or not. Please consider this, or at least give me a solid reason for not saying

Regards

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
Bump.

Another thing:

A week or two ago Jano told me that bonus provided by Catch Charm is a flat number and not a percentage like all other Charms.

He said he wouldn't say what are these numbers but I beg to insist on it. I mean, we have the number for extra chance (0,5%), right? So why can't we have these numbers for the extra chance from charm? Its fundamental information for deciding whether its worth it to try to get it or not. Please consider this, or at least give me a solid reason for not saying

Regards

We know almost everything about the game, the ammount of balls, percentage of shiny, catch rates, etc. And the catch formula is as secret as coca cola original formula. This open space for lots of paranoias, when, if it's a regular and non-manipulable thing, there's no reason to hide it. If there's any reason, just explain, please?
I can talk for myself. As a catcher, it's really frustrating spend more than a month without a new fking catch, now just spent 50 diamonds on a catch charm and because of those "confidential" informations, i feel like i just threw cash on the water. Also, been hunting everywhere, using charms, amulet coin, and not dropping a shit. With autoloot open, you can see the same people dropping shit everytime, and for that, there's no way of not thinking on something like "oh, i've been locked for catches/drops".
Just while I type this thread:
20:14 System: Batki looted 1x TM058 Shadow Blast from Dusknoir.
20:16 System: Naneviil looted 1x dusk stone from Chandelure.
20:21 System: Batki looted 1x TM058 Shadow Blast from Misdreavus.
Same guy looting 2 tms on a 10 minutes space, and everyone from platinum can talk about that Naneviil regular basis drop rate (not talking about 2 last lotteries, a mega stone and a shiny pokemon, on a 4/4 selected ticket).

So all we ask is: plase, help us to stop this paranoia, and just explain how it works.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
We know almost everything about the game, the ammount of balls, percentage of shiny, catch rates, etc. And the catch formula is as secret as coca cola original formula. This open space for lots of paranoias, when, if it's a regular and non-manipulable thing, there's no reason to hide it. If there's any reason, just explain, please?
I can talk for myself. As a catcher, it's really frustrating spend more than a month without a new fking catch, now just spent 50 diamonds on a catch charm and because of those "confidential" informations, i feel like i just threw cash on the water. Also, been hunting everywhere, using charms, amulet coin, and not dropping a shit. With autoloot open, you can see the same people dropping shit everytime, and for that, there's no way of not thinking on something like "oh, i've been locked for catches/drops".
Just while I type this thread:
20:14 System: Batki looted 1x TM058 Shadow Blast from Dusknoir.
20:16 System: Naneviil looted 1x dusk stone from Chandelure.
20:21 System: Batki looted 1x TM058 Shadow Blast from Misdreavus.
Same guy looting 2 tms on a 10 minutes space, and everyone from platinum can talk about that Naneviil regular basis drop rate (not talking about 2 last lotteries, a mega stone and a shiny pokemon, on a 4/4 selected ticket).

So all we ask is: plase, help us to stop this paranoia, and just explain how it works.

Why so mad? It's not a percentage, because this charm would be a non sense worthless thing. Some catch rates are quite low, like aerodactyl or some clones, some shinies and others. 10 or 20% or even 30% would make no difference on it, just count what would be a bonus for catch rate 0.001 or 0.008 or so. Percentages are worth only for easy rates, then it indeed makes a difference. Flat number gives a real boost for lower catch rate. Think before getting frustrated man

demzpacito

Reaction score
Why so mad? It's not a percentage, because this charm would be a non sense worthless thing. Some catch rates are quite low, like aerodactyl or some clones, some shinies and others. 10 or 20% or even 30% would make no difference on it, just count what would be a bonus for catch rate 0.001 or 0.008 or so. Percentages are worth only for easy rates, then it indeed makes a difference. Flat number gives a real boost for lower catch rate. Think before getting frustrated man

But why not saying what bonus is that? Im really ok with not saying catch rate of pokes because this doesnt affect one's decision in game, but I NEED information on extra change provided by charm to decide whether its worth to use a charm unlocker or farm it. Its just not fair to decide without it

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Bump.

Another thing:

Regards

I agree with Demz on this one.

I was happy to think that if I would buy a Charm Unlocker I would get a 10% extra chance to catch a pokemon (just as it is stated here: http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?42388-CHARMS-Discussion-and-Suggestions&p=381904&viewfull=1#post381904 )

But now that I read it is not a % but a number, I'm kinda wondering too how high this number is... and if it's worth getting.

demzpacito

Reaction score
so in practice they are the same, at least for really hard items

Lets say we have lvl 3 max upgraded of both charms and chance of dropping a given item is x

if you have wealth activated: chance to kill a poke and drop this given item = x + 0,2x (0,2x comes from the chance of getting an extra loot * the chance of dropping the given item)

if you have lucky activated: 1,2x (1,2 comes as a multiplier factor for the regular chance, once lucky charm gives you 20% more chance of looting)

can anyone confirm my reasoning has logic or no, please?

im asking all that cause i got lvl 3 wealthy on meowth and i dont know if i should try to change it to lucky (only aim is to drop amulet coin). if my reasoning is correct then it doesnt make a difference to change

regards

Seems like the perfect time to bump this

Back