What's new

Welcome!

Charm system

demzpacito

Reaction score
Bump.

Another thing:

A week or two ago Jano told me that bonus provided by Catch Charm is a flat number and not a percentage like all other Charms.

He said he wouldn't say what are these numbers but I beg to insist on it. I mean, we have the number for extra chance (0,5%), right? So why can't we have these numbers for the extra chance from charm? Its fundamental information for deciding whether its worth it to try to get it or not. Please consider this, or at least give me a solid reason for not saying

Regards

Actually bump this xd

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
Actually bump this xd

Catch charm after boost explained:

- on Pokemon whose catch rate is 0.01 or less it adds a flat value of 0.003/0.004/0.005 to the rate

eg: 0.01% (base) + 0.005 (charm III) = 0.015%

- on Pokemon whose catch rate is higher than 0.01 it adds an extra %multiplier of 30%/40%/50% on base catch rate

eg: 1% (base) + 50% (charm III) = 1.5%

demzpacito

Reaction score

- on Pokemon whose catch rate is 0.01 or less it adds a flat value of 0.003/0.004/0.005 to the rate

- on Pokemon whose catch rate is higher than 0.01 it adds an extra %multiplier of 30%/40%/50% on base catch rate

i fucking love you

Tuca Strike

Reaction score

thank you very much for explaining this will be much useful when considering which charm do we want more.

However I have one question, this charm bonus is multiplied by ball rate and server rate? In other words, in your formula, you add the bonus charm to the catch rate before or after the multiplications?

Example:

(before) final catch rate = (base catch rate + bonus charm) * ball rate * server rate
or
(after) final catch rate = (base catch rate * ball rate * server rate) + bonus charm

Venus Doom

Reaction score
If i buy an unlocker charm and want to use in a pokemon that haven't complete any task yet can i choose the charm i want without completing the previous task? For example get the catch charm directly or i need to complete the previous 1,2 to get the last even if i use the unlocker?

demzpacito

Reaction score
If i buy an unlocker charm and want to use in a pokemon that haven't complete any task yet can i choose the charm i want without completing the previous task? For example get the catch charm directly or i need to complete the previous 1,2 to get the last even if i use the unlocker?

you cant use charm unlocker if you have any active charm task for that pokemon. you can either finish it or cancel it

Venus Doom

Reaction score
you cant use charm unlocker if you have any active charm task for that pokemon. you can either finish it or cancel it

I mean if don't have any active task and is the first I'll get can i put directly and unlock de catch in lvl 3? Even if I don't have any task in this Pokemon

demzpacito

Reaction score
I mean if don't have any active task and is the first I'll get can i put directly and unlock de catch in lvl 3? Even if I don't have any task in this Pokemon

yes, its always the lvl 3 charm fully upgraded

Tsotss

Reaction score
Could you upgrade charm system by giving possibility enabling/disabling them in pokedex? Something like this:

X1Z5p55.png

It would be much helpfull, especially in Alolan pokemons.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
Could you upgrade charm system by giving possibility enabling/disabling them in pokedex? Something like this:

X1Z5p55.png

It would be much helpfull, especially in Alolan pokemons.
A simple addition of a command like !disable_charms could be enough, like for people who has too many of those, it could be also a pain to use a dex that has no specific order...

Back