What's new

Welcome!

Catch System Improvement

mmarvim

Reaction score
Hello PA community and Staff members

Well, I would like to suggest a little improvement in our current catch system, what it will be? Like a mix of our old catch system with this one, and won't even required too much work from programers.

What did you mean Mmarvim??
Well, nowadays we have this pretty hight amound of balls to almst all pokes to get any extra chance on it. With the change it will work like that: % progress to get the famous 0,5% extra chance will be the same, exactly like it is nowadays, but we will get a extra chance with everysingle ball trowed too! Before we get the 0,5% extra chance!

BUT WAIT, Mmarvim, this don't sounds nice too... this sounds like catching things will be way to eaaasy. It will don't?
Not at all! Why? Cause the extra chance that we get with balls trowed will be pretty low!

How it will work Mmarvim?
So, it will be programed with something like that:
Our already known progress to the extra: %=[(price of balls trowed)/(price required for this poke)]*100

Them:
if %<100
(extra chance)=(0,1*)x(%/100)
else
(extra chance)=(0,5)

*I will use 0,1% as (LIMmáx extra chance before getting the 0,5%) as example

So, what that means?
it means that if you trow 2500 ultra balls in a pokemon which require 5000 ultra balls to get 0,5% extra chance, you will receive (0,05%) extra chance. 0,05% is 1 in 2000 trys. So, it will really not change too much at all, but will be an awesome improvement in our catch system.
I would like to remember too, many times i already trowed 400~500+ balls in a pokemon after getting the 0,5% (what means 1 in 200 trys) extra chance, so, an extra chance 10 times lower than that will not make us catch pokemons easily, but will give a hand, at least with hope, in a boredom world.

Now I will ask to you, what do you thinks about it?​
Staff members, it will be too hard to do? It isn't a good idea? Why so? If you say that a 0,05% (1 in 2.000) extra chance in half of amound required balls will be way too much, think about pokes that have extra chance in ~2.000 balls, this actually will not change too much at all, and in pokes with hight amound it will help, but just a bit.

Last edited:

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
In my opinion thats very good idea, if staff will add this catch I think many older PA players will back to the game.
This catch system is something what we wanted since beggining of PA.

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
nice suggestion, and since it is a low boost, it could be added even to pokemons without the 0,5 extra chance to a certain degree too, to compensate the very bad luck and effort of some players

mmarvim

Reaction score
Chazz did similar suggestion time ago, which was accepted by Jano. Now, that he's back from absence it might be possible. (not sure if before he finishes alola or after)

I'm glad to hear that, hope to see this being implemented soon

Back