What's new

Welcome!

Avalugg

kralleo78

Reaction score
Hello staff;

It's my first time to suggest change on pokemon so if i did something wrong, forgive me.

Avalugg is great as ice type hunt pokemon but in hardcore leaf hunting its die immediately, also his subzero storm is not guaranteed to freeze pokemon's which is walking :D

I've check bulbapedia and avalugg is able to use Protection - Substitute.
It has good HP altough it has recover so you can keep his HP and sweet new defence skill, please

Thanks.

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
what is the suggestion exactly?

I already exped avalugg, glaceon and cryogonal to 130 (and maybe some other pokes, ice-hybrid, etc), I believe that they are balanced among them, and all of them very easy to use on huntings... also consider that some of them have shiny to be considered...

Coszma.

Reaction score

I already exped avalugg, glaceon and cryogonal to 130 (and maybe some other pokes, ice-hybrid, etc), I believe that they are balanced among them, and all of them very easy to use on huntings... also consider that some of them have shiny to be considered...

Sure, thanks for your opinnion but let see

Crygonal have reflect plus recover we can say its op
If you remembered that glaceon was have endure before but its changed because strong desire of people, they give back her protection but nobody was talk about avalugg, why?
Avalugg was never be in the same department with glaceon or crygonal before, there is always ice pokemon for 60 level newbies in market [avalugg] for 5-4K
What makes it different than glalie,froslass,glaceon,cryogonal,lapras,mamoswine,jynx,vannilluxe,weavile,aurorus or beartic [in my mind, which is has pro-ref]
Since avalugg came to game, it never has rebalance
No idea for shinie one, it seems already good but here the point is avalugg's undefended.
Kralleo's idea is pretty nice

The suggestion is giving avalugg SUBSTITUTE or PROTECTION, if you dont understand yet.

Avalugg is great as ice type hunt pokemon but in hardcore leaf hunting its die immediately, also his subzero storm is not guaranteed to freeze pokemon's which is walking :D

Thats the point i agree with

in

Reaction score
I disagree. Don’t you think that game becomes more boring when every Pokemon has similar move set? I mean, a shield + some AoE attacks.

Also when every pokemon has prot/ref/substitute.

Coszma.

Reaction score
Whole ice pokemons (without delibird-avalugg) has guard like protection or reflect
İts not a steel type pokemon with has 7 resistans man
Whats the ice type’s resistans?

kralleo78

Reaction score
Whole ice pokemons (without delibird-avalugg) has guard like protection or reflect
İts not a steel type pokemon with has 7 resistans man
Whats the ice type’s resistans?

Thats why ı dont see them while playing :eek:

kralleo78

Reaction score

It could better if it has substitute :2: i’d like avalugg a lot but its die quicker than others xD

Xplewex

Reaction score
Maybe instead of giving Avalugg substitute/protection, the formula of subzero storm could be changed (it could be similar to imprision). Let’s use Ninetales as an example. He doesn’t have any shield move, but imprision provide him a little defense during battle.

Coszma.

Reaction score
Maybe instead of giving Avalugg substitute/protection, the formula of subzero storm could be changed (it could be similar to imprision). Let’s use Ninetales as an example. He doesn’t have any shield move, but imprision provide him a little defense during battle.

Thats what ı was thinking to suggest if disagrees continue

Last edited:

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
Like others said, I didnt had problems exping 1 avalugg to 130, mine has water pulse, an area stun move, so I rarely spend revives on grass 100+, dragon 180+, etc. I have much more problems with ice pokemons that can receive reflect as tm but didnt have it, they seem very dependent on having this move, this is what I think is a major problem (example: jynx, beartic, etc).

There are very good options of ice pokemons with protection in moveset, obviously adding protection to avalugg would have to come with a huge nerf on its HP, which would nerf its recover too, so I disagre.... Subzero form is cool just because it is unique/rare, avalugg is very balanced if you asked me.

Coszma.

Reaction score
With his ability, okay protection would make it more stronger [Own Tempo]
Subzero storm is not guaranteed to freeze spots, we’ll wait for Raissa or Zelricks untill they decide smth

Back