What's new

Welcome!

About the House Contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos Eduardo

Reaction score
I have always liked contests in general, I am always taking part in drawing and house contests. Winning or losing it's always good to participate!

But what is happening with the house contest?
Each new edition seems to be getting worse, while we see other contests with great prizes and new rewards. The house contest stays with the same prize always or a worse prize!
I understand that you want to give players more ways to get very rare cards, but not all players are interested in cards. I think the correct way to reward cards is for them to be part of the main prize and not the only prize. An example of this is the 60,30,15 day premium that is always part of the prize pool of every contest, it is part of the prize pool and not the main reward.

I always see the variety of contests as a way to please and encompass all audiences of the game.
We have players who love tournaments, others who like to draw, write poems, letters and horror stories and we also have those who like to decorate! I can't forget the ones that happen less frequently: trailer, game background, Pokémon addons.

About the house contest I've seen different answers since : "you're lucky it's not golden coin", "it's too easy", "it doesn't compare with the difficulty of other contests", "you just have to spread items on the floor" (As far as I know Raissa is the one who creates new areas, decorates the game and is responsible for the map, at least I hope you disagree with these thoughts)
As I mentioned above there are different types of contests in the game that encompass each different public of the game, and one thing that all these contests have in common is the "creativity", and this is no different with the house. And that in my opinion nullify any thought that other contests can be superior, precisely because they are for different audiences and the main thing is always the "creativity" that should count.

And I would also like to ask if possible expand the limit of this creativity, bringing new floors, wallpapers, furniture and decorations in general.

Please value the house contests more !
mewlove

I'm sorry but I used the translator

demzpacito

Reaction score
Well I'm 100% against giving amazing rewards like shinies etc to events that dont have an objective way to assess results, not only house deco, but drawings, letter writings etc etc

L

Lag

I'm not the one who enjoys decorating, to be honest i dont even have a house, however i totally recognize the effort of u guys, it is not tha easy like people use to say, thats why i think the staff should rethink about giving only cards, like Carlos said not everyone is interested on them, the prizes could be better, the way they were in past contests, for example cloned box, box 4, held item box.

Andy.

Gamemasters
Staff member
Reaction score
well, this is the only contest that i identify myself, others like (drawing, letters, I don’t participate),but honestly the house contest was better. reward like Held box, Tm Cases Gold/Silver/bronze coin, Cards should be a complementary reward, others contests are shinys and all has their effort and creativity, i hope that next housecontest the rewards motivate other people to participate. ^^

thanks for listening pichupat

Lord Sqnik

Gamemasters
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea why u guys cry about random house deco contest. Where we dont have any xmas / halloween / valentine day / etc. You can win very rare card + premium day. Where very rare card you need to achievements. Anyway not all events need have best rewards.

Emanuel Mano

Reaction score
I remember spending about 60k when the houses were launched in Rustboro for auction, it was very difficult to get, especially when 60k was a lot of money, after that, I had to spend even more money to decorate all of it, and then later we had new updates with bigger houses with very low prices, almost free, I think it was a little unfair with the players who paid a lot for their medium-sized houses, imagining they were buying one of the biggest houses.
The problem is that many times, we players who put effort on decorating houses are not so recognized for that, we lose hours and money on that, and get nothing special in the end.

Kaori

Reaction score
I have no idea why u guys cry about random house deco contest. Where we dont have any xmas / halloween / valentine day / etc. You can win very rare card + premium day. Where very rare card you need to achievements. Anyway not all events need have best rewards.

it is not about crying, but bad rewards only for house contest, which drawing/ letters reward, etc ..., did you see Very rare card, held box as the main reward? none

- as already said, for both contests creativity and effort are in all, without exception, there is no need to devalue any contest, whatever it is, not everyone has the skills for everything

regards ^^ mewlove

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
This contest was created only to let people obtain very rare card which is a need for achievements with unique cool rewards. IF you aren't interested in such, don't participate and wait for ocassional contests where reward might be better, but we are considering not giving shiny in contests anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back