What's new

Welcome!

About offensive language and verbal abuse

Smilley

Reaction score
Hello, I'd like to ask about opportunity of adding any rule that would protect players from harrasment and abusive language. As we all know, in PAD's community there are a lot of players who are speaking very vulgar and offensive language. Yes, we do have an ignore option, but can't we at least try to fight that? It's becoming common thing in Diamond server (don't know nothing about platinium), so I assume its getting step by step socially acceptable? Do we really want that to happen? Please, don't just stay and watch, spreading your hands. It's getting worse and worse nowadays. Can't we just build a community based on culture, not on pathology, that is getting so much popular these days?

My suggestion is to make something like "mini notation", and when u get for example 3 of this, you get a normal notation. Then it works as usuall.
In my opinion, it would be a small step just to start fight with things, that me and most of normal players does not want to be a part of the game.

Can't talk for others and maybe I am mistaken and players prefer things the way they are, but hell no, I'm not into it.

It would be nice to hear some opinions though,

Regards, Smilley.

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
Well, i would like to post my opinion, you have like 50% of right, because i also dont like this pathology in the game, but most of players arent kids anymore and they will not use only nice words, sometimes frustration pass maximum lvl, and they have to throw it away from inside that's why they do it, and even mini notation will not help, and introducing a rule like that is pure censoring of players, if we will not be able to say some bad words, about what we will be able to talk when someone do us things like ks? unicorns? :D
But thats true some players are pathological here, but i think they should learn and fix it on their own :D

Himbeere

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the idea of "mini notation" wouldn't be necessary. As far as I remember there is one point in the rules about it: 6. It is forbidden to behave in inappropriate, generally objectionable way. That means insulting, harrasing, sending objectionable symbols and provoking* are forbidden.

In my opinion it would be hard to sit all the time at public chats (mainly national ones) and take care of all players. It's very sad but it's true - most people don't behave well, but we're also not kind of "psychologists" to change people.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
It is actually already in the Rules.

You can check General Rules, point #13: Harrasment.
CkUWkVc.png

- Verbally Repeatedly PM'ing or whispering someone In-Game with threats or insults.

I think the problem is not insulting someone just 1 time at the moment of the "fight". But if a player is CONSTANTLY and REPEATEDLY insulting someone every time he/she sees this person or sending PMs to him/her, then just make screenshots of everything and report it. In that case it is indeed punishable.

Like Khormes said, sometimes players get frustrated and "verbally" explode. I am not saying I support this type of behaviour, but I guess you can ignore that just when it is the 1st time.

Sucrilhosforever

I'm a Community Manager. Animes sux. They are just
Reaction score
we can't punish every "fuck you" we see, but we don't let it pass through a certain "limit"(described in rules), thats why we always suggest at the first shit a player throw at you, you use ignore on him.
the sooner you ignore the griefer, the less shitty messages you will get. but if he gets off limits and break a rule, you can report it np and we will punish accordingly.

and yes, i hate frustrated people that HAVE TO offend someone else just to "feel better with himself" or "blow off some steam", when you can simply do it at your home, without typing at all.

Back