What's new

Welcome!

About Golduck

cwkleinm

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Here i'm gonna explain some things about golduck, finishing with an suggestion.

First of all, i do remember golduck as a pretty good water poke, with some weird psychic attacks.
The weird psychic attacks do exists: Stunning confusion. This attack makes me having fun exping this poke, but he is not good.

Now the total attacks of golduck, following with the hits of my level 69 golduck on a charmeleon. To the right, compared to my level 72 wartortle. (if possible)

Moves:
Doubleslap - m1 - level 40 - 5s (2x) 11:41 Your Golduck deals 242 damage to a Charmeleon.
Water Gun - m2 - level 40 - 13s 11:41 Your Golduck deals 968 damage to a Charmeleon. 11:50 Your Wartortle deals 1184 damage to a Charmeleon.
Aqua Tail - m3 - level 40 - 18s 11:42 Your Golduck deals 778 damage to a Charmeleon. 11:50 Your Wartortle deals 940 damage to a Charmeleon.
Waterball - m4 - level 45 - 20s 11:42 Your Golduck deals 574 damage to a Charmeleon. 11:49 Your Wartortle deals 1088 damage to a Charmeleon.
Confusion - m5 - level 40 - 25s 11:43 Your Golduck deals 621 damage to a Charmeleon.
Psybeam - m6 - level 47 - 35s 11:44 Your Golduck deals 482 damage to a Charmeleon. (964 on fight)
Psywave - m7 - level 50 - 40s 11:43 Your Golduck deals 413 damage to a Charmeleon. (826 on fight)
Mega Kick - m8 - level 55 - 60s 11:44 Your Golduck deals 361 damage to a Charmeleon.
Strafe - m9 - level 58 - 80s

Now some other attacks of wartortle's water attacks: Hydro cannon: 11:51 Your Wartortle deals 1840 damage to a Charmeleon.
Bubble Blast is a hard one to compare, because you have a chance to -1 hit- the charmeleon, but you can also miss. But this are the hits in avarage i think. (2x) 11:52 Your Wartortle deals 1220 damage to a Charmeleon. = 2440

If you look at this, doesn't that ring a bell that golduck his hits are really low?
Golduck is a last evolution. Wartortle gets better when he is evolved to blastoise.

Also his mega kick attack just sux, but thats not all. Also just his psykick attacks: Psybeam and Psywave are underpowered in my opinion.

This pokemon is level 69 and cant hit 1k with any attack on any type of pokemon, thats really sad.

I hope this explains the condition of golduck.
I think that he realy needs an damage boost on almost every attack exept for confusion.
His passive stunning confusion is pretty rare right now, so it wont make him overpowered by just hitting a bit harder. Ofcourse you can have luck by killing an charizard, but 19 of the 20 times (or more) i failed in that and golduck died.

Thanks for your time to read this,

The one and only,

Kino Catcher

Last edited:

Demon King

Reaction score
but atm golduck is OP he use Passive 20 times in a min
but ure right whitout this bug passive its a realy weak pokemon becous low atks
yesterday my chansey 112 lost of duck 85 becous he passive to mutch and wont even get chanse for use heal
so its atm Realy OP

cwkleinm

Reaction score
but atm golduck is OP he use Passive 20 times in a min
but ure right whitout this bug passive its a realy weak pokemon becous low atks
yesterday my chansey 112 lost of duck 85 becous he passive to mutch and wont even get chanse for use heal
so its atm Realy OP

His passive is already been taken care of. I hunt charmeleons with it, and he uses it about once between 12-14 sec in avarage i guess.
A week ago he used it once in 5 sec.

/Kino catcher

Back