What's new

Welcome!

Wormadam Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsotss

Reaction score
Sorry for creating third thread about it, but those 2 others are just about Wormadam Sandy Cloak. Here I'll focus on all of them.

Here are the movesets of them:
bytGTuZ.png

Why I am going to suggest some changes in them? Becouse people propably don't use them, never seen poeple in PVP or exp using any of Wormadam, so I think something could be changed. I'll try to suggest something what could make it more useful.

So, the biggest problem I think is their dual type (except Trash Cloak) what makes them really hard to use, sometimes even with TMs (best of the best) are problems with exping them (don't talk anything about its duel part, cus didn't use them).

Well... At first I will suggest just small thing in Plant Cloak.
Confusion > Swarm. As I said - small change (stun for stun, the same area). Having Swarm in its moveset could encouarge some people to start using it on grass spawns or even psychic ones (putting more 2 bug TMs). That change would be enough. Now really people can be confused what is better to put to have it good enough to exp. It shouldn't be a problem, becouse it has protection, 2 bug AoE moves, 1 grass. But it doesn't matter. I also was thinking what would be better and we made more grass than bug - but the reason of it is it has the best AoE move, which is Leaf Storm and it was enough to make a decision. But if Confusion will be replaced with Swarm - I'll think once again if not to make it more bug.
If it won't be possible - second thing is to change Bug Buzz for Grass Knot and Quiver Dance for Lunge (then remove it from TMs if players didn't put so many of them to Wormadam Plant Cloak).

Now about Trash Cloak.
It seems to be the best balanced of all Wormadam. It has more steel types moves than bug and here is simple what is better to put by TMs (for me). Don't know what problem is here that people won't use it. Here I would like to suggest changing Metal Burst for Meteor Mash (and removing it from TM learnest if is possible). Meteor Mash is quite better and a bit faster than Metal Burst. Don't know what could be changed more - maybe Rage Powder for Steamroller (then remove it from TM learnest). It doesn't have stun area, so those 2 changes won't make it so OP, but maybe finally more common in game.

The worst I think of all Wormadam Family - Sandy Cloak.
Here I would like to suggest more changes than one like above. To make it more useful I would like to suggest changing Fissure for Tectonic Dance, Bug Buzz for Earth Power and Confusion for Swarm. Then adding another 2 TMs each type would finally make it great to hunt with it.

To be honest - I'll remove Confusion from them. I know they learn it according to bulbapedia, but you don't focus in 100% on it, so I made the same. Confusion doesn't bring anything special except stuns our opponents. It doesn't help so much in Wormadam family cases. Swarm is much better becouse of its bug type. Swarm could make Wormadam family greater than are now. Small change but good change.

Don't know if the ideas are good enough or no. Trying to change one thing for another similar (or better - depends). But if these suggestion aren't good, then please make something in Wormadam family. I really like using them, but its really sometimes pretty hard to do it. Won't say it that it should be easy, cus it's not about it (are many easy pokemons to exp, so). The reason why I made a thread about them is to finally see them in exp, maybe duel, that people see potential in them (even with not the best TMs).

Thanks!

Last edited:

Seanse

Reaction score
bump, I'do love bug pokemon too and they deserve our love even being poorly type-offense :3:

MestredoBCC

Reaction score
Plant Cloak = I like the ideia.

Trash Cloak = Need change metal burst for a better steel move. Maybe change Metal Burst for Doom Desire, Meteor Mash or Magnetic shock.

Sandy Cloak = I like idea to change movie set, but i hope stay with Confusion.

Tsotss

Reaction score
I have prepared another simple picture, but couse of work didn't post here.
Anyway I am happy that someone other remember about this thread except me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back