What's new

Welcome!

Victreebel

Reaction score
QzDDalY.jpg

In the middle of these changes that are occuring, I'd like to ask if you could take a review on victreebel. IMO, its grass side as moveset seems good and fair enough, but, poison side it's not.
In general it has posion power and sludge bomb on moveset and sludge as passive.
So, by this way, I'd like to leave here some possible ideas.

#1 Replace poison powder > Toxic drop
Replace poison bomb > Gunk shot
And as passive, replacing sludge > leech life

#2 Another situation would be smth like:
Replace poison power > clear smog or smog

No clue if it would be so much to ask for an increasement in its HP too. It has 22.5k - maybe + 0.5 (23k)?!

Thank you in advace.

Judgetx

Reaction score
As there were changes, I realized that the information on PokeDex about your passive skill might be wrong. In the description it states that he still has Sludge, but he ends up using Poison Powder.

And about having both sides with good moves, honestly only changing from Poison Powder to Acid Spray was enough for me. If we look at the other Pokémon of Kanto as bulbasaur and oddish for example, their evolutions prioritize their main type grass. Look:

Bulbasaur - Acid and Poison Powder.
Ivysaur - Sludge.
Venusaur - (P)Sludge and Poison Powder.

Oddish - Acid and Poison Powder.
Gloom - Acid, Poison Bomb, Poison Gas and Poison Powder.
Vileplume - Poison Powder and Acid Spray.

Being a Pokémon with Secondary Poison-type I believe does not mean that it needs to have several poisonous attacks or even have some (Kakuna, Gastly and Haunter as an example), only two or three that are really an advanced / evolved move are the necessary.
In the case of the Weepinbell and its Victreebel evolution I see this:
Acid -> Acid Spray
Poison Bomb -> Sludge Bomb

Back