What's new

Welcome!

TM's attacks

Hordjaran

Reaction score
My idea is that here there TM's to teach, and can use attacks of other type of the pokemon,like charizard using earthquake or a blastoise using ice beam,etc..
-the TM's can be obtained via quests or buying them..i suppose at a high price.
-the pokedex can display the TM's availables for each pokemon.
-all the TM's require a lvl for be teached to the pokemons,depending the pokemon.this means that a pokemon cant learn a tm if he doesn't have the required level of the TM.
-If charizard earthquake is for lvl 100 (supposing) in the pokedex,and if u are lvl 110 but u dont have teached the TM,u cant use earthquake until u teach the TM.

This was another of my ideas for the game :D
Cya...

Browni Galactico

Reaction score
well i do like the idea but, if this is the case, there must be a limit to teach attacks to pokemons
also i dont think this is an easy work to do, there will be always new and new idea for the game
but, that kind of stuf can be aded in updates
i think what we want is the realese of the game the fast as possible, all the rest of new ideas
can be added later, of couse if the PA adminsitrator like them =p

Zeldax

Reaction score
I dont like this idea,because a charizard with a earthquake(earth element),lol?
What are the next a blastoise with Vine whipe?
And its really...a lot of work :S.

Hordjaran

Reaction score
lol :shock:
charizard can learn earthquake in the original pokemon games....and blastoise ice beam too.
but if u are talking about exagerations like blastoise with vine whip is imposible >.<
im only talking about of the attacks that can be teached to certain pokemons in the original pokemon games,like charizard earthquka and blastoise ice beam because that atks can be teached,not vine whip....
and a charizard with earthquake will be good,remember that will be hard to get earthquake because the required lvl and to obtain the TM,and dont forget,the pokemons with attacks via TM that are other type than the TM attack type will deal less damage than if the pokemon was the type of the attack.
Example:charizard will deal less damage with earthquake than a sandshrew,dugtrio,etc.......
blastoise will deal less damage with ice beam than a cloyster or seel...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And if u think its a lot of work, u are wrong because is very easy.....
Example:the TM attacks all the time will be there in the pokemon(depending what attacks can learn via TM,each pokemon)
Second:when the pokemon reach the required lvl for a TM atk and u have the TM in item,only use it in the pokemon and this will enable the pokemon to use that TM....
That script is easy im sure :D

Zeldax

Reaction score
Hordjaran said:
lol :shock:
charizard can learn earthquake in the original pokemon games....and blastoise ice beam too.
but if u are talking about exagerations like blastoise with vine whip is imposible >.<
im only talking about of the attacks that can be teached to certain pokemons in the original pokemon games,like charizard earthquka and blastoise ice beam because that atks can be teached,not vine whip....
and a charizard with earthquake will be good,remember that will be hard to get earthquake because the required lvl and to obtain the TM,and dont forget,the pokemons with attacks via TM that are other type than the TM attack type will deal less damage than if the pokemon was the type of the attack.
Example:charizard will deal less damage with earthquake than a sandshrew,dugtrio,etc.......
blastoise will deal less damage with ice beam than a cloyster or seel...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And if u think its a lot of work, u are wrong because is very easy.....
Example:the TM attacks all the time will be there in the pokemon(depending what attacks can learn via TM,each pokemon)
Second:when the pokemon reach the required lvl for a TM atk and u have the TM in item,only use it in the pokemon and this will enable the pokemon to use that TM....
That script is easy im sure :D
Really?make it :),its too easy,no?
And yes a Charizard with earthquake its exageration because charizard its a fire pokemon and earthquake its a earth attack...

alek

Reaction score
This has already been proposed, as an i said in that previous thread, i don't think this should be added into the game.

Example: Golem is able to learn toxic, and fire punch in the gba games. Let's suppose TM's are implemented into the game, if you teach those 2 attacks to your golem, not only will you have the common advantages of being able to use golem's ground and rock moves, but now you will also have an advantage over grass and bug types as well, which would give pokemon all kind's of unfair advantages, and the type match-ups would have no meaning, since you could just go level at venusaurs or victreebells with your golem (which is NOT supposed to happen).

Toddler

Reaction score
I think its a good idea..but it would be complicated..

at this point, i wouldnt want to throw anymore things on their shoulders to work on..i just want to play!!!!!BADDDLLLYYYY

Hordjaran

Reaction score
LOL alek.......
u think is good idea to golem can learn toxic??
i only suggested earthquake to charizard...but toxic for golem Not is good idea(i never said all the TM's of the gba games will be exactly the same here....>.<)
and i think my idea is GREAT...cuz all wanna this game be same as PO,this game will be new and need more things than PO...not the same things in PO...

alek

Reaction score
Hordjaran said:
LOL alek.......
u think is good idea to golem can learn toxic??
i only suggested earthquake to charizard...but toxic for golem Not is good idea(i never said all the TM's of the gba games will be exactly the same here....>.<)
and i think my idea is GREAT...cuz all wanna this game be same as PO,this game will be new and need more things than PO...not the same things in PO...

Lol, earthquake in charizard is exactly the same as toxic in golem, not their own type attack, but learnable in the gba games by TM, which is EXACTLY what you proposed, so you're basically saying your own proposal is wrong, and saying not all TM's would be implemented would also be unfair, why can't golem learn toxic but charizard can learn eartquake? If you're going to propose overpowered pokemons that kill other pokemon types they aren't supposed to, at least have a "balanced overpower" if that's even congruent.

PA is already going to have a lot of unique features that is not in PO, and sorry, but certainly your "GREAT" idea which just overpowers pokemon is not needed in those. :)

Hordjaran

Reaction score
I think u dont understand..is supposed to a fire pokemon attacking with ground attack will deal much less damage than a ground pokemon..and dont forget....the tms will be hard to get one and will need high lvl for can teach the tm to the pokemon.
charizard with earthquake will gain some power against electric,fire,rock and poison pokemons...AND u really think u can hunt in rock pokemons with charizard only using earthquake??? is only 1 attack ground type....is the same with golem,if golem learn toxic what is the problem?? u cant hunt grass pokemons with golem only using toxic >.< dont u think??...
but i know will be crazy to see pokemons using attacks of other type ,but dont forget in PO poliwrath already knows ice beam.. and is water type pokemon..but we cant decide nothing,are only ideas and suggestions..
And dont get angry man..im only suggesting like all... dont hate me haha xD
Cya..:p

alek

Reaction score
Yes, in the gba games if jynx uses ice beam or if venusaur uses solar beam it will hit more because it's the same type of attack as the pokemon, but that was never introduced in PO, so a new (and possibly difficult) script should be implemented for pokemon to hit more or less depending on what type of attacks they use, which would take time and we just want to play now. :D

Also, as you say, if a TM will need such a high level to learn and it will be so hard to get, is it really worth if your pokemon is going to hit a lot less with that attack? And i know you can't hunt grass stuff just with 1 attack, but as i said on earlier posts, golem can learn not only toxic, but fire punch, flamethrower, fire blast, ice punch, all which are supper effective to grass pokemon (even if there was a TM limit per pokemon, having fire blast and flamethrower on a golem would be huge advantages over grass types).

And PO attacks suck :lol: They invented a lot of attacks and put a lot of attacks that don't belong to some pokemon, which seems like is going to happen in PA also, but i hope the team fixes that.

And i don't hate you, i just didn't like the way you rated your own idea, you should let other people say what they think before you say how good or bad it is :)

D

Deleted_iKoob

alek said:
Yes, in the gba games if jynx uses ice beam or if venusaur uses solar beam it will hit more because it's the same type of attack as the pokemon, but that was never introduced in PO, so a new (and possibly difficult) script should be implemented for pokemon to hit more or less depending on what type of attacks they use, which would take time and we just want to play now. :D

Dont sure if I understood you correct, but we already implemented attack strength depending on type of pokemon / defending pokemon. Something like this:
http://i38.tinypic.com/34e7u5h.png

Hordjaran

Reaction score
I think he is saying if a pokemon water type use an attack ice type will deal less damage than a ice type pokemon using ice type attack

alek

Reaction score
@Koob

Just to clarify

When you have a Mewtwo (Pyschic type pokemon) and you use Confusion (a Psychic type move that does damage), that move will gain a .5 damage bonus, commonly known as STAB (same type attack bonus).

That's what i meant :)

Hordjaran

Reaction score
really not gain 1.5 atk bonus,only gain .5 bonus.......when the pokemon psychic type uses confusion will deal x1.5 damage when all the other types pokemon will deal only damage x1.
Example:
if a pokemon water type like psyduck use confusion and hits 100 hitpoints the mewtwo will hits 150 hitpoints because the stab ^^

Toddler

Reaction score
Tbh...Charizard with earthquake doesnt seem bad lool..in the pokemon games i always taught my blastoise ice beam..Some moves just go good with some pokes..i never understood gyrados having fly..or starmie having thunder(these are coming from pokemon stadium & possibly the gameboy games). This idea is a good one but i still think it would be complicated to do..but on the other hand..im no scripter ;p

Back