What's new

Welcome!

Suggestions for improving the Contest

Carlos Eduardo

Reaction score

I'd like to suggest a rule for Contests and perhaps tournaments. The rule is that first and second place winners cannot compete for first or second place in the next contest. This would prevent the same players from always winning. And in my opinion this could encourage more players to take part.

Example:
- First and second place in the last contest cannot take part in this Contest.

We already have the rule that the same player can take part in all currently active contests, but can only win 1. (ps: This rule is actually only mentioned sometimes, but I think it's important to make it definitive in the list of contest and tournament rules.
Example:
- The same player can take part in all currently active contests or tournaments, but can only win 1 of them.

It would avoid situations like this:

Summer House Deco Contest - 2023​

Zbnu18z.png

Halloween House Decoration - 2023​

sUSmt0o.png

Christmas House Decoration - Contest 2023​

FZkkO5l.png

Valentine House Decoration - Contest 2024​

o7GZopK.png

These are the results of the last 4 house contests we've had

Last edited:

ZoombieBR

Reaction score
Why did n't you make this type of post when you won several in a row? this is up to everyone's effort, if people don't want to make an effort to participate in an event or want to win an event, as this is not a problem with the Contest but with people who don't want to participate, the prizes are good and not It's something difficult. I've seen comments like "Ambar is winning because she has a big house", in one of the contests, one of the players won the contest with a super small house, so that's not a problem with the contest, if the player has creativity he has every chance of winning the contest.

I also think they should change some things in the contest, but not letting everyone participate is
ridiculous.
"you're saying that because you're a couple" yes, and no.

It will depend on your level of
maturity and accepting other people's opinions and understand my point of view

chillumbreon

Last edited:

stin stauer

Reaction score
Why did n't you make this type of post when you won several in a row? this is up to everyone's effort, if people don't want to make an effort to participate in an event or want to win an event, as this is not a problem with the Contest but with people who don't want to participate, the prizes are good and not It's something difficult. I've seen comments like "Ambar is winning because she has a big house", in one of the contests, one of the players won the contest with a super small house, so that's not a problem with the contest, if the player has creativity he has every chance of winning the contest.

I also think they should change some things in the contest, but not letting everyone participate is
ridiculous.
"you're saying that because you're a couple" yes, and no.

It will depend on your level of
maturity and accepting other people's opinions and understand my point of view

chillumbreon

I believe he used Ambar as an example. He's not blocking her personally of joining, as you said Carlos won several contests in a row too, with this suggestion he would get blocked of participating and winning 1º place too.
We already had this rule years ago in contests and we have this rule in LT monthly rewards and achievements.

About putting efforts is something you can bet everyone puts, the judges have many points to check, sometimes a player loses for very small difference.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score

I'd like to suggest a rule for Contests and perhaps tournaments. The rule is that first and second place winners cannot compete for first or second place in the next contest. This would prevent the same players from always winning. And in my opinion this could encourage more players to take part.

Example:

We already have the rule that the same player can take part in all currently active contests, but can only win 1. (ps: This rule is actually only mentioned sometimes, but I think it's important to make it definitive in the list of contest and tournament rules.
Example:
- The same player can take part in all currently active contests or tournaments, but can only win 1 of them.

Zbnu18z.png

sUSmt0o.png

FZkkO5l.png

o7GZopK.png

(ps: I myself get discouraged from trying again or trying harder to compete)

Can you imagine if someone seen Floyd Mayweather fighting and said "I won't fight him, he won several fights in a row"?
Competitions are made exactly for this reason, so people compete with each other. We have this on raids, we have this on contests, we have this on many aspects of the game. You can be either a chicken skin and say "i won't participate cse i won't win", or you can say "if i can't beat ambar, i'll at least join top 3 with her".

Try to calculate how much she spent by looking the page of decorations here in forum. Girl is addicted to this, and trying to beat her is a hell of a fight. (and I'm using Ambar as example cse i know her, but i'm pretty sure this can be extended to the other guys). You just need to join the tryhard team.

Go hard or go home, bro.

Lag the Hater

Reaction score
Can you imagine if someone seen Floyd Mayweather fighting and said "I won't fight him, he won several fights in a row"?
Competitions are made exactly for this reason, so people compete with each other. We have this on raids, we have this on contests, we have this on many aspects of the game. You can be either a chicken skin and say "i won't participate cse i won't win", or you can say "if i can't beat ambar, i'll at least join top 3 with her".

Try to calculate how much she spent by looking the page of decorations here in forum. Girl is addicted to this, and trying to beat her is a hell of a fight. (and I'm using Ambar as example cse i know her, but i'm pretty sure this can be extended to the other guys). You just need to join the tryhard team.

Go hard or go home, bro.
Lol you mentioned about raids but they literally changed the whole system so the same guy wont win over and over again, also about the contests almost no one seems to be interested anymore cuz the same people be winning most of the times , its almost like there is a bit of bias towards certain players to win but who knows, the last drawing contest had like 5 players, and btw this is not the winners fault good for them but let others have a chance to win too would be nice just my opinion

Reaction score
Lol you mentioned about raids but they literally changed the whole system so the same guy wont win over and over again, also about the contests almost no one seems to be interested anymore cuz the same people be winning most of the times , its almost like there is a bit of bias towards certain players to win but who knows, the last drawing contest had like 5 players, and btw this is not the winners fault good for them but let others have a chance to win too would be nice just my opinion

honestly, shouldn't have an opinion when there are fundaments.
and obviously, there is no interest from players, when a number of other players are around the game or even here, spreading negative information with double or direct meaning, discouraging players, saying that if they want something they need to donate, making direct or indirect attacks, among others.
If there are only or no more than 5 players participating in a contest, this is exclusively a lack of interest and nothing more. There is no type of "prejudice", there is no interference or partiality on the part of the judges of these constests. The following players who win successively see the contests as an opportunity to win cool things and dedicate themselves to it (unlike me, who doesn't really want to take part in it, and that's okay, because I can't draw or write any shit, post, and want to win without any effort).
There will always be complaining and discouragement.
Recently, one of our tutors suggested that a cooking constest be held (Halloween if I'm not mistaken), Raissa immediately authorized this extra constest to give more opportunities to those who are not good at drawing or writing, but who might know how to cook.
+ Likewise, in the past even though there were top three winners, I remember our CMs announcing that, "due to everyone's efforts, everyone will receive a small prize for this, (in addition to the top 3). and guess ... there were complaints .

look, you can directly contact any of the high staff on discord or in game, and make solid and well-founded suggestions, ideas that add, instead of imagine or thinking that there is a kind of "prejudice" or any apparent idiocy like that, to anything made in game.

Last edited:

Lag the Hater

Reaction score
and obviously, there is no interest from players, when a number of other players are around the game or even here, spreading negative information with double or direct meaning, discouraging players, saying that if they want something they need to donate, making direct or indirect attacks, among others.
If there are only or no more than 5 players participating in a contest, this is exclusively a lack of interest and nothing more. There is no type of "prejudice", there is no interference or partiality on the part of the judges of these constests. The following players who win successively see the contests as an opportunity to win cool things and dedicate themselves to it (unlike me, who doesn't really want to take part in it, and that's okay, because I can't draw or write any shit, post, and want to win without any effort).
Recently, one of our tutors suggested that a cooking constest be held (Halloween if I'm not mistaken), Raissa immediately authorized this extra constest to give more opportunities to those who are not good at drawing or writing, but who might know how to cook.
+ Likewise, in the past even though there were top three winners, I remember our CMs announcing that, "due to everyone's efforts, everyone will receive a small prize for this, (in addition to the top 3). and guess ... there were complaints .

look, you can directly contact any of the high staff on discord or in game, and make solid and well-founded suggestions, ideas that add, instead of imagine or thinking that there is a kind of "prejudice" or any apparent idiocy like that, to anything made in game.
Yeh dude anyone can have an opinion even if it's stupid and pointless like most yours are, stop acting like you are cm or gm you're just a tutor and they only picked you cuz they had no other option or you think changing your name will make people forget about you? You have no business trying to lecture someone in any way shape or form with your boring and long ass texts you aren't the main character lil bro you are just pathetic

Carlos Eduardo

Reaction score
Ambar was just the most recent example (if you think I'm attacking her, I apologise, I didn't mean to). I could have used Gandrik or Nico di Angelo, because when they take part in any drawing competition, they're practically guaranteed to win, the guys draw incredible pictures, I'm in love with their drawings. Or as Zombie pointed out, I could have used myself as an example, even though I disagree, I've won a few but I've never won in a row, my problem is that over the years I've been playing I've always taken part in all the house and drawing contests, sometimes I got the house right and sometimes I got the drawing right. And honestly, a lot of it is because I enjoy taking part, I've always loved drawing, but after I became an adult I stopped completely, so the only time I stop to draw during the year is when there's a contest. And even when I don't plan to take part, my friends like Nico, Pandorah and Stin already send me messages asking me about my ideas, if I'm going to take part, and it ends up being a lot of fun taking part with them.

Regarding the drop in players in contests, isn't this a general thing? I see it happening in tournaments, in the game itself. It's a shame, but in my opinion our beloved game doesn't fit the mould of current games, so it's difficult to attract more players.

Regarding Trafalgar's comment, I think we're doing the right thing. A forum is made for this very purpose, debates and discussions, where everyone has the right to speak. I could have made this suggestion via discord, and received a yes or no answer, here it generates debate and opinion, and when it doesn't generate fights and disputes, the original idea usually gets an upgrade, making it much better.

And I still like the idea, the implementation of these rules would be good for the community in general.

Reaction score
Yeh dude anyone can have an opinion even if it's stupid and pointless like most yours are, stop acting like you are cm or gm you're just a tutor and they only picked you cuz they had no other option or you think changing your name will make people forget about you? You have no business trying to lecture someone in any way shape or form with your boring and long ass texts you aren't the main character lil bro you are just pathetic

You are completely mistaken if you think I care what you or anyone else thinks about me. I don't think I'm anything or anyone, I'm just a simple and simple fan of the Pokemon community. unlike you who potentially play just to spread your anger and tantrum like a 10 year old child behind a computer. I truly don't care if you or anyone else tries to nullify the things I say or do, using the past as a mirror. however, no one is obliged to have to read or deal with someone as childish and sordid as you, with your stupid and vile words full of anger and childishness.
Taking this into consideration, I see no reason why I should continue discussing any topic here, more specifically with you, given that you do not have the cognitive capacity to maintain a fundamental line of discursive discussion.

Last edited:

stin stauer

Reaction score

Anyone can have opinions!
And why so long repetitive texts speaking weirdly? and why this text font so big, it looks like you are trying to call attention. Just give a short damn comment man

Reaction score
Anyone can have opinions!
And why so long repetitive texts speaking weirdly? and why this text font so big, it looks like you are trying to call attention. Just give a short damn comment man

1° you're right, stin.
2° no, im not trying to attract any attention, i just like the font size. but in a way it bothers you and i really like you. i've edited such ones. charmanderok

Matadorkempes

Reaction score

Example:

Example:

Zbnu18z.png

sUSmt0o.png

FZkkO5l.png

o7GZopK.png

many contests where you won or came out in the top 3 but you didn't say anything, just now that you are not among the winners does it occur to you to say that "it's unfair"? To me it sounds more like since you can't win legally, you want to get rid of those who could be competition for you.

Why Cant

Reaction score
First of all, Trafalgar Water Law's comment is off topic, like it mentions one thing but means another, are you okay? Do you want to redeem yourself for something you have done? Because your comment doesn't fit this post at all.

Now about Carlos Eduardo's publication, I don't see any offense towards Ambar, I only take it as an example, if it were my publication I would put Gandryk or Clen, because years ago when I wanted to participate in decoration contests they were always there. The winners, whether in house decoration or drawings, always came out first haha, and I admire the decorations they make. It may be and they call Carlos a crybaby, but it is true, seeing the same people always win frustrates and does not make us want to continue competing, because we idealize that it is "fixed."

You have to take into account many things for these contests, as a player, at least in my "diamond" position, have a decent house of 300sqm+, which is not there since you must buy the house from players who sell at 4kk+ (if you manage to reach to the top 3 for a 1kk reward, it is not worth participating), now get the decoration items and that is a waste of time, most of the players who want to participate say that it is a waste of time, since for the The same people always win the contest, the rare objects that no one knows how to get, and that is already a point to win…. More than one would be offended by this but it is reality.

On the other hand, as someone said, you have to work hard if you want to win, but how do you do it? Remember that in platinium 30 people play, and in diamond the reality is different players, and where sometimes among those 5 you literally don't win anything....it's more what you're going to invest in getting everything than what you're going to receive in return...

I still think they should update their rules, they just copy and paste and sometimes they don't even see what they copy, they see the contests clearly, they say this player already won, don't participate in this contest, participate in the next one. I don't know how they will make their selection of winners or what they will take into account, they will surely say "player creativity" and I have seen players who decorate their houses with common elements "npc, events, forum items" and well decorated and still they do not reach the top 3, you can at least say that this contest will take into account more common decorations than rare “just a thought of mine”.

I don't know how good the idea is, but I think a more "stable" way for contests is to separate 3 groups of 2, classifying them as follows:
Group A 1st and 2nd: Rewards: Shiny Pokémon (only 1 from the shiny box) or held item (only 1 from held box 2)
Group B 3rd and 4th: Rewards: Cloned Pokémon (only 1 from cloned box) or held items (only 1 from held box 1)
Group C 5th and 6th - Box 4 "all", 1 Very Rare card or the famous pokemon cosplay of pikachu.

and for the rest of the participants a box with a random reward as well as the "screen of the month" but with smaller rewards such as (golden Pa coin, cloned bill, ultrawhorm, balls, etc, etc).
This type of reward is not bad, as long as several players participate in said contest, not like the disaster of the drawing contest, where only 1 participated well with a nice drawing and the rest were filler... I think the chances of win The more, the more players will want to participate.

And please update the design tools, which are very outdated, new lockers, new decorations, paint the walls, don't let it be all about the forum, I know it's easier to create the articles and send by parcel, but a lot of people He prefers to be the designer than to enter the forum and buy the decoration items...

Tsotss

Reaction score
If we are here I want to mention another thing about tournaments (which can be treated as a kind of contest, right?). Why here, as Carlos mentioned, can win in a row some contest aka lets say Valentine and Easter (just an example) which are about what some people think (staff mostly), but if we have car tournament/duel/exp, we can't win in both (even if they are in different times like theme contests, but posted more or less in the same times) and its just about players skills (not aka "someone likes it, another not who give points - still we dont know how points are given), just a pure skill or how to do it. Also we have screen of the month, where we cant win in a row, but when we have one contest after another its possible to win.

What I mean - if we can win in a row in one contest, why we cant win in another (especially if we are about game skills, not about who define its ok or no).

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
First of all, Trafalgar Water Law's comment is off topic, like it mentions one thing but means another, are you okay? Do you want to redeem yourself for something you have done? Because your comment doesn't fit this post at all.

Now about Carlos Eduardo's publication, I don't see any offense towards Ambar, I only take it as an example, if it were my publication I would put Gandryk or Clen, because years ago when I wanted to participate in decoration contests they were always there. The winners, whether in house decoration or drawings, always came out first haha, and I admire the decorations they make. It may be and they call Carlos a crybaby, but it is true, seeing the same people always win frustrates and does not make us want to continue competing, because we idealize that it is "fixed."

You have to take into account many things for these contests, as a player, at least in my "diamond" position, have a decent house of 300sqm+, which is not there since you must buy the house from players who sell at 4kk+ (if you manage to reach to the top 3 for a 1kk reward, it is not worth participating), now get the decoration items and that is a waste of time, most of the players who want to participate say that it is a waste of time, since for the The same people always win the contest, the rare objects that no one knows how to get, and that is already a point to win…. More than one would be offended by this but it is reality.

On the other hand, as someone said, you have to work hard if you want to win, but how do you do it? Remember that in platinium 30 people play, and in diamond the reality is different players, and where sometimes among those 5 you literally don't win anything....it's more what you're going to invest in getting everything than what you're going to receive in return...

I still think they should update their rules, they just copy and paste and sometimes they don't even see what they copy, they see the contests clearly, they say this player already won, don't participate in this contest, participate in the next one. I don't know how they will make their selection of winners or what they will take into account, they will surely say "player creativity" and I have seen players who decorate their houses with common elements "npc, events, forum items" and well decorated and still they do not reach the top 3, you can at least say that this contest will take into account more common decorations than rare “just a thought of mine”.

I don't know how good the idea is, but I think a more "stable" way for contests is to separate 3 groups of 2, classifying them as follows:
Group A 1st and 2nd: Rewards: Shiny Pokémon (only 1 from the shiny box) or held item (only 1 from held box 2)
Group B 3rd and 4th: Rewards: Cloned Pokémon (only 1 from cloned box) or held items (only 1 from held box 1)
Group C 5th and 6th - Box 4 "all", 1 Very Rare card or the famous pokemon cosplay of pikachu.

and for the rest of the participants a box with a random reward as well as the "screen of the month" but with smaller rewards such as (golden Pa coin, cloned bill, ultrawhorm, balls, etc, etc).
This type of reward is not bad, as long as several players participate in said contest, not like the disaster of the drawing contest, where only 1 participated well with a nice drawing and the rest were filler... I think the chances of win The more, the more players will want to participate.

And please update the design tools, which are very outdated, new lockers, new decorations, paint the walls, don't let it be all about the forum, I know it's easier to create the articles and send by parcel, but a lot of people He prefers to be the designer than to enter the forum and buy the decoration items...
The simple solution for this is hosting events with separated rewards for both servers...

demzpacito

Reaction score
I havent read all thread but I saw people comparing these contests to raids and theres a huge difference between any kind of these contests and raids which is the fact all these contest have a qualitative evaluation whilist raids are objective, who deals most dmg wins. And even in raids staff made it more democratic when the same people started winning every raid so why wouldnt they do the same for contests? Specially now that we have prizes like any fucking shiny the winner wants come on lol. Sadly staff doesnt seem to give a fuck given they awarded people who were proven to have used chatgpt to write valentine letter so whatever

Why Cant

Reaction score

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
Seems like everyone is getting one part of the post about raids and using just as same as Ambar's example was used.
The only reason I mentioned raids is due the competitive aspects inside the game. And even when staff made it more democratic, people who doesnt even want to bother is still not participating and we still have the same people over and over fighting for Group A.

So to make it simple to everyone. Stop crying. "I can't win so I need them to disqualify the good ones".
What's the point of winning something when the best ones aren't participating? We are not 10 y.o. kids anymore. Bearded guys who can't deal with failure is just sad. Try, try again, try harder, or just give up.

Unless there are some strange things appearing on the contests, i.e., like Demz mentioned, 4 entries using ChatGPT on Xmas letter and one winning the event (giving names: Paradise Lost, Sequel, Mauritos and Biaaneczka, which in my opining should be handled properly), making competitions easier cause people can't handle the failure is not reasonable, unless you are trying to question staff methods of evaluating such entries.

Edit: remember, the game doesn't have a huge player base, so putting more restrictions will either make people stop participating for once, or people creating subchars to win events cse main is restricted).
Edit2: you just showed that you don't care about the contest, only wants the reward. If so, it's better to start a wiki.

Out.

Last edited:

maurito

Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment :ROFLMAO:. I speak 5 languages hoping to add Mandarin to my repertoire as my 6th language. Out of all the languages I speak, English is the only language I can use to converse with people here in Padventures (I took Spanish classes in high school, but I will never claim to speak it because I'm not as fluent in Spanish as in the other languages). Although English is not my mother tongue, it is easily the language I'm most comfortable with. In my country, it's mandatory for children up to 8-9 years to take English courses and fluency in English is a prerequisite for ANY job. I'm 22 years old now so I guess I've studied English for 15+ years. Additionally, I do volunteer work by doing fan translations of Japanese and Korean songs into English, highlighting nuances that may go unnoticed by directly translating and god forbid all the fancy eloquent yet unusual wording from anime and such💀. I'm not at the point of taking commissions as I see it as a hobby, but I do take it very seriously and I hate missing out on details especially on half assed lyrics.

I would be happy to share some of my "work" and if absolutely necessary I can provide staff with my academics throughout highschool and university uncensored. I'll add my latest letter of recommendation that I got issued by my university. Again, I just wanna say thank you if you think I used chatGPT. I take it as a compliment, I really do morpekolove kekw.png

Back