What's new

Welcome!

Suggestion: Raid system Improval

Sheeper

Reaction score
Good Evening everyone.
First of all I want to wish you all happy reading my wall of text.
Today, I came with a suggestion which many of you might like, why? There were several ppl crying about loot system injustice during raids: Top Damage dealer receiving plate, while some random guy who didn't even deal 1% of dmg receive some medium tier TM...
My suggestion won't change loot system, it will remain as it is!
What I want to suggest is to add "raid points". System would look similiar to daily points: Collect points, go to Merchant psy and exchange points for rewards.

- How would we get those points?
Raid points would be obtained during raids, obviously, right now we have few kinds of raids, which we might separate into 3 groups:
- Minor Raids - including bunch of pokes spawing sequentially, easy wave, medium wave, "hard" wave.
- Medium Raids - Those raids including waves as above, but at the end we have to deal with some Boss, which isn't really challanging and can be defeated by few high level players (Red gyarados, Crystal Onix, Big/Abominable Snowlax [Some new might be added aswell]).
- Major Raids - Those raids include waves and extremally hard boss at the end. We had few raids like that, Celebi Raid, Mewtwo Raid, Even Entei wasn't that easy, we might also count legendary birds here too. (and my Deoxys/Rayquaza raid suggestion aswell).

- How would the point system work?
Let's separate it into 3 groups aswell (and we will have 3 more groups later)
- During Minor Raids
As mentioned above, during minor raids we have waves including low lvl pokes, medium pokes and "hard" pokes. Let's use Flying pokemons raid at celadon (happened today, will be the best example since I remember it well). As first, pokes like pidgeys, spearows and pidgeotto's spawned, those pokes would award 1 point (spearow,pidgey) or 2 points (pidgeotto). At 2nd wave, Pidgeots and Fearows spawned, those might award 4 (Fearow) and 5 (Pidgeot) points at kill. At last, 3rd wave included Skarmorys and Cloned Pidgeots, Those would award 6 (skarmory) and 7 (C. Geot) points at kill. (there's a chance 2nd and 3rd wave were in the same wave, I just separated them for needs of suggestion).
Analogously it would work with every minor raid, low lvl pokes awarding low ammount of points, medium pokes medium ammount and hard pokes highest ammount.

- During Medium Raids
Medium raids would work on exactly the same system as Minor ones, pokes giving ammount of points dependant on their tier and strenght. The only Diffrence would be the boss, obviously, and here's where the Loot split system "injustice" would get a litte... fix or recompense. As we know, there are 3 "groups" of players during loot split: Top damage dealer, Last hitter and rest of parcipants. During medium raids, Top damage dealer should receive highest ammount of points, like 500, Last hitter would receive a little bit lower ammount of points, like 300 maybe, while everyone else who parcipated receives ~100 points, since making points reward depending on damage dealt would probably be too hard. (Everyone still gets the loot for sure!)

- During Major Raids
Those raids would need a little diffrence since ussualy ammount of boss-assisting pokes is insanely HUGE, highest tier pokes couldn't award 6-7 points Imo, but they could still give 4-5 points at kill (Those raids ussualy don't have weaker tier waves before). Boss would award even more points than medium tier since bosses during those raids are insanely strong (Celebi plx XD). Every Parcipant would receive 250 points, Last Hitter 500-600 while Top damage dealer receives 1k points. (As before, everyone still gets the loot using split system)

- In case raids with some special mechanisms would be added (Like the one I suggested here: http://46.105.24.210/showthread.php?35679-New-Raid-Suggestion)
During pokemon waves those raids would work on mechanisms from Medium/Major raids, the boss would obviously be the diffrence depending on it's defeating mechanisms and difficulty. Using my suggestion as example:
During a bosses fight we have to "choose team" by fighting either Deoxys or Rayquaza, system would choose which team we are depending on damage dealt: More damage dealt to deoxys - We belong to deoxys killers team (ofc. those teams wouldn't be even shown in-game). Anyways, If our team is Victorious, in that case defeats deoxys making Rayquaza team not kill their boss, only the deoxys team would receive some points, and obviously it would be higher ammount than in case of Major raid, while losing team gets nothing. Loot system for victorious team would follow loot split system rules normally, for Victorious team only.

- Points Exchanging
That's the point everyone wants to read I guess, I just want to mention rewards and their prices are just examples, so try to avoid comments like "OMG TOO OP REWARDS" - suggest changes instead.

1. 300 points - 70% chance for random doll (including legendaries) / 30% chance for random toy
2. 600 points - Rare candy
3. 1500 points - Experience ticket
4. 2000 points - 40% for Random rare bag / 60% for random rare deco (Statues/trophies)
5. 5000 points - 40% chance for Random pokemon addon item / 60% chance for random outfit (the ones from Pack of clothes, In-case you have one, you can't receive it once more)
6. 5000 points - 50% chance for Johto box 3 / 50% chance for kanto box 3
7. 7500 points - Cloned Island Ticket
8. 10 000 points - Random Rare evolution item: High chance for Razor claw, Razor Fang, Metal coat, Upgrade, Dragon scale, TM Rollout, TM Double Hit, MT Coronet Fragment / Low chance for Magmarizer, Protector, Electrizer, Shiny stone, TM Ancient Power, Dusk Stone.
9. 12 500 - Random TM (including the new ones) or Random TM case (I have no idea which one would be better, up to you)
10. 20 000 points* - 25% chance for Johto box 4, 25% chance for Kanto box 4, 25% chance for PAPOI box, 25% chance for event box (Christmas, Season change, Sinnoh, Hoenn 1/2).

* - It's optional since it might not be liked by many ppl.

- Notes:
- First of all, I believe it's doable since we already had points system during events and it worked without any problems, I think it would be up to Jano, that's why his opinion interests me the most. Not like he's going to read it or sth.
- Points are just some, reasonable I think, suggestions, might be changed in-case you'd decide to add it.
- Points would be awarded for hitting the pokemon just like during the event, not only to person who dealt most dmg, this way everyone would collect some points during raids.
- That would actually motivate ppl to hunt the minor raids aswell. Right now we can often fly above some unvisited area and see not touched raid here. Nobody came here since it doesn't reward us at all.
- Exchanging points -> rewards would require Black Market unlocked, since it would use the same npc that daily does - Merchant Psy.
- EDIT: Forgot to mention, right now w are really, really lacking tms in-game, it might help quite much with that problem without devaluing those TMs...

If you have any question just ask, In case you agree - leave a thank or comment, If you disagree - comment why, If you want to suggest some changes/add something - feel free to comment aswell.
Hope you like it.
Regards,
Sheeper

Last edited:

shesho

Reaction score
great idea! by the other hand papoi box and sinoh box shouldn't be as a reward, almost the entire idea is awesome. keep going.

Michalak

Reaction score
I agree, why? Now tm situation is awful (on pearl no idea how this looks on diamond) it's hard to find anything + this adds something intresting to game. I need to disagree about event boxes and papoi box rest for me seems ok. Good job again ;)

Torment Xtreme

Reaction score
Sounds nice, but i don't like the example of 15/20k points xD

Is selfish, but i always win raids, but now i'll have to win a lot of raids to get a single TM (i know amount of points is an example), so would be better for all bosses give like 1k points and a chance to get a TM using as max 1500-2000 points.

And as i remember there are 4 groups (or more) in current loot split, most dmg dealer/last hit dealer/second place on dmg/ participants and just participants are now allowed to get TM

Sheeper

Reaction score
Sounds nice, but i don't like the example of 15/20k points xD

Is selfish, but i always win raids, but now i'll have to win a lot of raids to get a single TM (i know amount of points is an example), so would be better for all bosses give like 1k points and a chance to get a TM using as max 1500-2000 points.

And as i remember there are 4 groups (or more) in current loot split, most dmg dealer/last hit dealer/second place on dmg/ participants and just participants are now allowed to get TM

The thing is you still receive loot as as winner, the points thing is just a bonus, not a replacement.
About the loot groups, it's just a matter of adding points rewards to 2nd damage dealer etc, just a little bit more points than other parcipants, not a big deal and it doesn't change whole idea at all :p

Last edited:

Little Raezor

Reaction score
nice idea, I love it but I disagree with event boxes, there are many event pokes right now and they must be rare

Torment Xtreme

Reaction score
The thing is you still receive loot as as winner, the points thing is just a bonus, not a replacement.
About the loot groups, it's just a matter of adding points rewards to 2nd damage dealer etc, just a little bit more points that other parcipants, not a big deal and it doesn't change whole idea at all :p
Ah i forgot about the part saying "it doesn't change the current system" or something like that

berollo

Reaction score
Good job! Agree with all excluding Papoi Box/Season Box/Hoenn 1 & 2/Sinnoh.
Other is perfect.
And my sugestion is about random TM or random TM Case. Would be better to random Case, becouse Random TM we already have from Daily ;]

matheo01q

Reaction score

Disagree about last suggestion to reward papoi,evnt boxes is not good idea to reward from raids... ,but jb4,kb4 yea is good however is only suggestion ,but not think to add in game this ;p

matheo01q

Reaction score
Or ,if u want papoi box as reward ,so maybe this points suggestion will be a Random Box and u have there to a chance drop kb2 ,jb2,kb3,jb3,jb4,kb4 or v rare papoi box

Sheeper

Reaction score
Or ,if u want papoi box as reward ,so maybe this points suggestion will be a Random Box and u have there to a chance drop kb2 ,jb2,kb3,jb3,jb4,kb4 or v rare papoi box

I'd rather make it 50:50 Jb4/Kb4 and leave Papoi box as papoi reward only, the some goes for event boxes only as event rewards, receiving kb2 for such high ammount of points wouldn't be good imo.

Back