What's new

Welcome!

Starmie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you might take into consideration some changes to starmi moveset.
This pokemon has no pro defensive move wWhat makes it totally vulnerable after you used start spin (which helps you causing some "slowly walk" on the enemy) and after used recover it's gone basicaly. Reflect-type it's kinda complicated its cooldown seems had recived an incrisement and in according to the situation you're going to use this, it end up in a waste, smth bad for starmi.
By this way, I'd like to register here an idea of replacing reflect-Type by Magic Coat or Reflect, then. Another thing that I also would like to comment it's you removing star spin and putting back the old Thunder wave. And for last, replace extrasensory for some other psychic AoE move would be interesting too, but some ideas of changes like:

Reflect-Type > Magic Coat
Star Spin > Thunder Wave

Rapid spin or swifts as passive wouldn't make it overpowered as well, at least, i guess. Would be helpfull, special while dueling against dark types.

Shadow Mist

Reaction score
Reflect-Type > Magic Coat
Star Spin > Thunder Wave

hi, no. rejected.

reasons:
Reflect Type it's kind of an unique move few Pokemon can learn, one of them being Starmie (Staryu, actually), so that's a nope.
Changing Star Spin on Starmie would be contradictory on what you ask, some "defense". It works sort of like Sky Attack, dealing good damage, removing target, and making him invulnerable for a few seconds.

Having already a healing move that heals for 50%, 20k HP (base, at 130, not counting the bonus from Duels), a move that copies your opponent typing so you receive a bit less of damage for few turns (useful against Electric, Grass, and some other weakness, depending what you're trying to kill with Starmie), and a move that makes him invulnerable to win up some time so you can cast 2nd Recover in a duel, isn't it enough defense? :)

cya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back