What's new

Welcome!

Some suggestions for the good sake of the game.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
<preparing my helmet to avoid rock throws>

So. Lately seems that every thread that me or some friends join becomes polemic. Seems like few people are trying to get only bad part of what we say and use it to criticize, then someone appears, says "you are wrong" and close the thread. No space for healthy discussion. This may be a new closed thread, but I would like to point some things that Ive been discussing with some high levels from Pearl (a.k.a. close friends and some others).

1. About new quests and respawns (especially this new one 205+).
Kaue pointed that only few people on the entire game would enjoy the content. Thats a fact, easily browsing the high scores table you can check that are only around 50 people that would enjoy it, and ~36 that can do it right now. But in the thread that he pointed that, lots of rocks thrown, comming from people from Platinum (x2 exp - gg izi) and people who is currently known as trying to work their way to tutorship position.
We were called lazy (yet, we are on 1st and 2nd page of highscores), and pretending that we want only level 10 quests. I, myself, haven't feel motivated with this quest to lvl up (yet I still have some reasons to do so), and some other guys also. What could improve a little more will be listed below.

2. The relation of High Levels/Newcommers:
The arguments are kinda messed on this subject. When we point that the Boss system (see item 5) could be improved, they say that it is supposed to work like that to help newcommers/low levels (even tho, sometimes bosses spawns in areas with level restriction access or high levels abuses from this "weakness" of last hit). When we say that some quests are limited for a few public, they say that it is to be like that to help high levels (even tho, the new high levels consideration is prolly only caring about 200+). The thing is, low and high levels are all players, that needs to have support on every situation of the game, to feel comfortable to keep playing, cause they are custommers after all.

3. Leveling up.
To get lvl 205 (not being lazy or whatsoever) you need to have environment for that. Fully structured spawns that doesnt belongs only to exhaustive/repetitive movements. With the new exp stages and new spawns this got improved, but can be even better. Improving the respawns/exp rates/anything else related to that, is more motivating to level up than just quests. We can check that seeing that most of the people will prefer to create a new level 130 char to make tons of cash and buy TM Feint or Brick Break with lesser effort. We still have some gaps of leveling, comparing to spawn capacity.

4. Catching.
Oh well. Now we have some bonuses system and we long know that catching is all about luck. I've been working on lvling my catch now and sometimes it's kinda lame for me and other players.
Examples:
12:26 Used 2941 ultra balls on Drilbur.
00:51 Used 1820 great balls, 3 ultra balls on Farfetch'd, progress to get extra chance: 46.3%.
01:09 Used 2680 great balls, 11 ultra balls on Sunflora.
18:15 Used 3201 ultra balls, 10 rocket balls on Beldum.
18:15 Used 3106 ultra balls on Metang.
And so on. To avoid the luck subject, these are catches from different people. This people have cash to invest on balls, but how would a newcommer feel trying to catch his favorite poke to start his journey? To avoid that, staff is now asking for pokes and giving them for newcommers, and also changed the number of starters from 1 to 3. Wouldnt it be easier to find a better way to promote the catching? I heard Alola will have something about not only catching new pokes, and that would be good, but some small catches demands too much luck that many people isnt willing to wait for. This impacts directly on how people would feel about starting playing without help.

5. Boss system.
I once pointed that and thread has been closed before even discussing. I didn't mean to make the effort of low levels worthless, I just want to point that the effort of some other people during the monster could also be rewarded. For example, having the first 3, first 5 people hitting and getting rewards (because yes, we do have some guys that always win them), would motivate people to help on killing, instead struggling on a safe zone watching some of the top guys hitting and waiting for the chance of getting the last hit (also f*ing the low levels history). We could have a lesser reward that would be worth for the effort of the low level players, for example: on Suicune, the top hitters could get the TM80, carpets, toys, candies, etc, while the lower level that could have the last hit, could have a chance of a smaller tm, like aqua jet, water pulse, or w/e that would affect positively his income. It's just a matter of organizing whats worth or not on the loot, and improving the system.

6. Feedbacks.
You all from staff has always right to deny or not the suggestions. Since Hoenn (I remember of being part of that) and now on Alola, you have guys testing content, but how many people from the actual game development plays the game itself? I strongly suggest to some of you to start playing from 0, without help, your own game, through the eyes of a newcommer. Check the leveling, the spawns, the catch rates, the bosses, everything that I pointed here and some other stuff, like visual bugs, ingame bugs, etc. Gaming is all about experience (not exping) but the feeling behind the computer. We don't have to rush to be compared to other simillar games, if the environment around here is good, players will come. I know you have other important stuff to do, but remember that the game demands custommers to stay alive.

Again, those were my 2 cents about the game I like to play and to spend time with people.

Peace.

Nymeria

Reaction score
game is much better now, than it was 1 year ago. we all know that. urs suggestions would make the game even better, imo. gz for the time and caring enough for the game to create this thread.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
game is much better now, than it was 1 year ago. we all know that. urs suggestions would make the game even better, imo. gz for the time and caring enough for the game to create this thread.

Yep, it improved a lot, I've been flying around Kanto yesterday and saw the spawns we have today, and damn, I envy the newbies. Too many good places to level up/catch! Haha

Hohenheim

Retired Admin/Former Player
Reaction score
1 is basically... we add quest for high-level, low-level will complain they cant do it (yet)... we add quest for low-level, high-level will complain it's cheap reward. And there's plans for both groups of players, you just don't get everything at once.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score

So. Lately seems that every thread that me or some friends join becomes polemic. Seems like few people are trying to get only bad part of what we say and use it to criticize, then someone appears, says "you are wrong" and close the thread. No space for healthy discussion. This may be a new closed thread, but I would like to point some things that Ive been discussing with some high levels from Pearl (a.k.a. close friends and some others).

Kaue pointed that only few people on the entire game would enjoy the content. Thats a fact, easily browsing the high scores table you can check that are only around 50 people that would enjoy it, and ~36 that can do it right now. But in the thread that he pointed that, lots of rocks thrown, comming from people from Platinum (x2 exp - gg izi) and people who is currently known as trying to work their way to tutorship position.
We were called lazy (yet, we are on 1st and 2nd page of highscores), and pretending that we want only level 10 quests. I, myself, haven't feel motivated with this quest to lvl up (yet I still have some reasons to do so), and some other guys also. What could improve a little more will be listed below.
With all the respect, but for me complaining about quest for 200 lvl (it's not for 205) is just stupid. The same way players of level 120 could be complaining for reflect quest etc. Game goes on, players have higher levels everyday, so it's obvious that we - staff have to add something for those players, it can either be a quest or new respawn, that's really obvious. And our point is not to force people to level up. Our point was and is give something to do for players, who already are on high level. We can't be all the time stick to players of level 150~. Today feint quest, later others, it's not like we plan or want to add things only for 200+.

And please, that some players are agreeing with me or other staff members, that doesn't mean they do it for tutorship or have any interest with it. Have you ever thought someone could have the same opinion? Nowadays people cannot think the same way as staff, because they are being called asslickers. That's bad and sad.

Arcanist Karl said:
The arguments are kinda messed on this subject. When we point that the Boss system (see item 5) could be improved, they say that it is supposed to work like that to help newcommers/low levels (even tho, sometimes bosses spawns in areas with level restriction access or high levels abuses from this "weakness" of last hit). When we say that some quests are limited for a few public, they say that it is to be like that to help high levels (even tho, the new high levels consideration is prolly only caring about 200+). The thing is, low and high levels are all players, that needs to have support on every situation of the game, to feel comfortable to keep playing, cause they are custommers after all.
We are not treating people as customers, but as our players, and it's time to stop calling yourself this way. It sounds bad. Later some players are coming to us saying "im your customer, you have to do, what I want, right now".

Arcanist Karl said:
3. Leveling up.
To get lvl 205 (not being lazy or whatsoever) you need to have environment for that. Fully structured spawns that doesnt belongs only to exhaustive/repetitive movements. With the new exp stages and new spawns this got improved, but can be even better. Improving the respawns/exp rates/anything else related to that, is more motivating to level up than just quests. We can check that seeing that most of the people will prefer to create a new level 130 char to make tons of cash and buy TM Feint or Brick Break with lesser effort. We still have some gaps of leveling, comparing to spawn capacity.
One day we are adding new respawns, another day we are adding quests, we cannot add everything at once. It doesn't take 5 minutes, we have many things to do and there are priorities. Everything takes time.

4. Catching.
Oh well. Now we have some bonuses system and we long know that catching is all about luck. I've been working on lvling my catch now and sometimes it's kinda lame for me and other players.
Examples:
00:51 Used 1820 great balls, 3 ultra balls on Farfetch'd, progress to get extra chance: 46.3%.
And so on. To avoid the luck subject, these are catches from different people. This people have cash to invest on balls, but how would a newcommer feel trying to catch his favorite poke to start his journey? To avoid that, staff is now asking for pokes and giving them for newcommers, and also changed the number of starters from 1 to 3. Wouldnt it be easier to find a better way to promote the catching? I heard Alola will have something about not only catching new pokes, and that would be good, but some small catches demands too much luck that many people isnt willing to wait for. This impacts directly on how people would feel about starting playing without help.
Could you tell me what do you expect? That's a fact, some Pokemons had too low catch rate, today we have reviewed the table and boosted many of them. But besides, what do you expect from a system, that works like this since 6,5 years? Do you know what would happen, if catch was easy? Pokemons would be worthless. Trade between players would be dead, because everyone would rather to catch a pokemon, instead of buying. Catching wouldn't give you any satisfaction, it would be just another Pokemon to be sold to NPC. We cannot be responsible for very unlucky people though.

Arcanist Karl said:
5. Boss system.
I once pointed that and thread has been closed before even discussing. I didn't mean to make the effort of low levels worthless, I just want to point that the effort of some other people during the monster could also be rewarded. For example, having the first 3, first 5 people hitting and getting rewards (because yes, we do have some guys that always win them), would motivate people to help on killing, instead struggling on a safe zone watching some of the top guys hitting and waiting for the chance of getting the last hit (also f*ing the low levels history). We could have a lesser reward that would be worth for the effort of the low level players, for example: on Suicune, the top hitters could get the TM80, carpets, toys, candies, etc, while the lower level that could have the last hit, could have a chance of a smaller tm, like aqua jet, water pulse, or w/e that would affect positively his income. It's just a matter of organizing whats worth or not on the loot, and improving the system.
gosh, I am already very bored of talking about boss system. It's not about low evels. This system was created, because people were complaining, that it's not worth for them to go on raids, if always the same guys are winning them, back then, when we were doing few raids at once during 1 day and tried to stop those guys and let other people win some loot, they were doing a huge drama as if it was about killing their family. Last hit is supposed to give other players chances to win, and it's not always that they have done 0.1% damage while someone else did 50%. In many cases person, who does last hit takes part in raid since the beginning or for half of time. It shows damage dealt to the boss for last 60 seconds before it dies
We have in plans to do a small changes, especially one to avoid players getting more than 1 TM and probably to let other good damagers get some loot, but it for sure won't be 1st, 2nd, 3rd player, because as I said above, the same guys will be getting loot, and others won't get anything.

Just to be clear, we most damage etc will stay as it is, don't be thinking that we are going to remove it ;)

psych07

Reaction score

3. Leveling up.

4. Catching.
Examples:

5. Boss system.

6. Feedbacks.
You all from staff has always right to deny or not the suggestions. Since Hoenn (I remember of being part of that) and now on Alola, you have guys testing content, but how many people from the actual game development plays the game itself? I strongly suggest to some of you to start playing from 0, without help, your own game, through the eyes of a newcommer. Check the leveling, the spawns, the catch rates, the bosses, everything that I pointed here and some other stuff, like visual bugs, ingame bugs, etc. Gaming is all about experience (not exping) but the feeling behind the computer. We don't have to rush to be compared to other simillar games, if the environment around here is good, players will come. I know you have other important stuff to do, but remember that the game demands custommers to stay alive.

Again, those were my 2 cents about the game I like to play and to spend time with people.

Peace.

hey bro im agree with almost all things you say here.

i think problems with bosses can be solved doing like 2x boss at same time in diferent places making the players what always kill bosses cant kill both or something like that.

problems for some low level players what dont have time to reach 200+, maybe can be created one stamina like bonus time in tibia first 1~3 hours of exp give double exp each day or 1,5 idk.

and problems of catch the bonus when we reach 100% on balls be actived each 20% like:

00:51 Used 1820 great balls, 3 ultra balls on Farfetch'd, progress to get extra chance: 46.3% and you have extra chance of +0,2%.
00:51 Used 1820 great balls, 3 ultra balls on Farfetch'd, progress to get extra chance: 66.3% and you have extra chance of +0,3%.

instead of only win bonus when reach 100% ball you win extra bonus when u pass each 20% balls

well its my point of view
always trying to help ~ Psycho :*

Last edited:

medz

Banned user
Reaction score
Since I believe comments from 200+ quest were directed not only but also towards me I feel like I should answer.

(Btw seriously staff, stop closing threads pls)

As of now, we have a total of 12 players above lvl 200 on platinum so its not that easy as one might think. If you dont feel motivated to lvl cause of this quest then you wouldnt feel motivated if it was at any lvl, since we have quests for lvl 175, lvl 180 and another for lvl 200 that shockingly nobody complained that it was this high when implemented. So if nobody complained that Tm Brine is lvl 200 but someone complained about Tm Feint/Brick being I can only assume this person is lazy, which is not a constructive feedback as far as I know.

And I feel like giving my opinion on boss system too

Killing a boss is not only about who have strongest pokes. Its mostly about who can use them better. So I dont really care if I get most dmg at 70% of the times I participate on a raid cause I earned it. Let me give an example of this monday: Mega Aggron was taking only physical damage and from normal attacks. I was the only one who noticed that and started attacking it only with my Lopunny. I told Flap about it and he did the same with his Shiny Diggersby. The rest was trying to kill with fire atks, ground, water, whatever, nothing would work

Results: We together got more than 54% of it, he got most dmg and I last hit, and there were like 15 person or more killing it. We were wiser and more skillful than others, why should it be different?

In the end neither of us got any TM cause ye we're that lucky but thats another subject (and this is my only critic to the system, countless times i was most dmg and only got trash but nvm). The point is: if youre not getting most dmg or at least good damage (cause good damagers from time to time also get good rewards) then you should work your strategy, its not like most dmger didnt deserve it

and problems of catch the bonus when we reach 100% on balls be actived each 20% like:

00:51 Used 1820 great balls, 3 ultra balls on Farfetch'd, progress to get extra chance: 46.3% and you have extra chance of +0,2%.
00:51 Used 1820 great balls, 3 ultra balls on Farfetch'd, progress to get extra chance: 66.3% and you have extra chance of +0,3%.

instead of only win bonus when reach 100% ball you win extra bonus when u pass each 20% balls

I already suggested it and Raissa rejected :C

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
With all the respect, but for me complaining about quest for 200 lvl (it's not for 205) is just stupid. The same way players of level 120 could be complaining for reflect quest etc. Game goes on, players have higher levels everyday, so it's obvious that we - staff have to add something for those players, it can either be a quest or new respawn, that's really obvious. And our point is not to force people to level up. Our point was and is give something to do for players, who already are on high level. We can't be all the time stick to players of level 150~. Today feint quest, later others, it's not like we plan or want to add things only for 200+.

I agree with that, Im not saying thats all wrong, Im just pointing that there are some stuff that could embrace the majority of the community, not a waaaaaay small part of the players.

And please, that some players are agreeing with me or other staff members, that doesn't mean they do it for tutorship or have any interest with it. Have you ever thought someone could have the same opinion? Nowadays people cannot think the same way as staff, because they are being called asslickers. That's bad and sad.

I'm not telling that everyone that agrees with staff is asslicker, I'm just pointing some people who actually posted on that thread are known to be digging their way up, and they are not wrong. I also agree with you in many points, and as many can see, I'm not that "asslicker".

We are not treating people as customers, but as our players, and it's time to stop calling yourself this way. It sounds bad. Later some players are coming to us saying "im your customer, you have to do, what I want, right now".
Sadly, every business needs his custommers, else it dies. It's just a matter of pointing that, with less players interested in the game, lesser the income, lesser the quality of the game, and so on, and on, and on. With many options of games, I don't see players comming around and demanding stuff, seems more simple to just change the game. I'm just asking you to be a little more sensible with the guys who are playing this.

One day we are adding new respawns, another day we are adding quests, we cannot add everything at once. It doesn't take 5 minutes, we have many things to do and there are priorities. Everything takes time.

I know that, and not only me, but most of the community is thankful for what you guys are doing for this game, things has been changing a lot since Nino left.

Could you tell me what do you expect? That's a fact, some Pokemons had too low catch rate, today we have reviewed the table and boosted many of them. But besides, what do you expect from a system, that works like this since 6,5 years? Do you know what would happen, if catch was easy? Pokemons would be worthless. Trade between players would be dead, because everyone would rather to catch a pokemon, instead of buying. Catching wouldn't give you any satisfaction, it would be just another Pokemon to be sold to NPC. We cannot be responsible for very unlucky people though.

Well, in a Pokemon game, the role could be catching instead buying, not the other way around (Gotta catch 'em all). What I can suggest here is a boost for newcommers on catching rate, so they can actually start catching in a period that they dont have enough money to purchase balls. There are some trades that are already dead, and there isn't a way to go against it, as the game gets older. Dunno, maybe until level 30 and decreasing up to 50, when he gets the real catch rate? It would help to avoid that situation of waiting newcommers to ask for help, then staff members giving them pokes, and etc.

gosh, I am already very bored of talking about boss system. It's not about low evels. This system was created, because people were complaining, that it's not worth for them to go on raids, if always the same guys are winning them, back then, when we were doing few raids at once during 1 day and tried to stop those guys and let other people win some loot, they were doing a huge drama as if it was about killing their family. Last hit is supposed to give other players chances to win, and it's not always that they have done 0.1% damage while someone else did 50%. In many cases person, who does last hit takes part in raid since the beginning or for half of time. It shows damage dealt to the boss for last 60 seconds before it dies
We have in plans to do a small changes, especially one to avoid players getting more than 1 TM and probably to let other good damagers get some loot, but it for sure won't be 1st, 2nd, 3rd player, because as I said above, the same guys will be getting loot, and others won't get anything.
Just to be clear, we most damage etc will stay as it is, don't be thinking that we are going to remove it ;)
I've coloured the important part. That's what I expected since the beginning. The idea of 1st, 2nd, 3rd is just something that occured me, and I'm not saying that I'm right, I just thrown it to discuss new ideas for it. For example, Psycho posted some idea for catches, and thats exactly what a healthy discussion should be, until a new good idea appears.

And since no you haven't spoke about that, I enforce you the wish: Please, big guns from staff, start playing your own game. All we want here is a improvement of the place we spend our time on.

Keep the game going! ;)

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Karl,
We have been playing this game in times, when it was way harder than it is now. Catch rates since then didn't change much, for sure weren't nerfed. Experience rates are higher, there are more respawns than before and most important, balance was completely different, that it was barely possible to kill 3 charizard with 1 pokemon, people were using blissey to stun the lure, killing elder zards was something hard, you had to use at least 3-4 pokemons to do it, and everyone enjoyed it, nobody was complaining that pokemon doesn't have area stun, as people use to do it now. There was no extra chance system, there were no raids besides legendary birds of kanto, mini events? Didn't exist. I was also a catcher, who threw thousands of balls on many pokemons, besides of 16k ub (18k balls in total) I've used 3,5k+ on skarmory or charizard and didn't catch till today. We have reached 150+ levels before, when it was harder. Believe me or not, but I know how do you feel when something doesn't want to enter your ball, but you have to understand our point.
Else, we are lacking time to finish everything we would like to, and you are telling us to play xD that's impossible ^.^

Btw, newcommers are receiving free balls on level up and still getting help from tutors. Also catch rates of some pokes adequate to their level were boosted few hours ago.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
Karl,
We have been playing this game in times, when it was way harder than it is now. Catch rates since then didn't change much, for sure weren't nerfed. Experience rates are higher, there are more respawns than before and most important, balance was completely different, that it was barely possible to kill 3 charizard with 1 pokemon, people were using blissey to stun the lure, killing elder zards was something hard, you had to use at least 3-4 pokemons to do it, and everyone enjoyed it, nobody was complaining that pokemon doesn't have area stun, as people use to do it now. There was no extra chance system, there were no raids besides legendary birds of kanto, mini events? Didn't exist. I was also a catcher, who threw thousands of balls on many pokemons, besides of 16k ub (18k balls in total) I've used 3,5k+ on skarmory or charizard and didn't catch till today. We have reached 150+ levels before, when it was harder. Believe me or not, but I know how do you feel when something doesn't want to enter your ball, but you have to understand our point.
Else, we are lacking time to finish everything we would like to, and you are telling us to play xD that's impossible ^.^

Btw, newcommers are receiving free balls on level up and still getting help from tutors. Also catch rates of some pokes adequate to their level were boosted few hours ago.

I know, I've played at that time also, yet with lot less effort than I do now. I already stated that the game changed a lot since then, and mostly for the good. But as Torment said on another thread (lvl 150 poll), game has change a lot, and the best way to see how your game is actually going is playing by your own. It would change your mind about some misconceptions about some players and feedbacks, checking it in field! Going back thru the eyes of a player.

Thats just an idea.

Else, keep going with the improvements!

Back