What's new

Welcome!

Soak

Status
Not open for further replies.

demzpacito

Reaction score
Hello. Soak was introduced to the game yesterday as a water-type stunning atk with same formula of Lava Pulse. It's currently only on moveset of Milotic, as far as I know.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not particularly fond of this formula. That's why I'm suggesting changing formula to Imprison-like. I'll explain my reasoning.

First of all: Milotic still sucks. Badly. It's the worst cost-benefit in whole game. And by cost I mean either price or effort taken to catch it. By far. Even if you accepted my suggestion, it'd still need improvement.

Second: We already have plenty of atks with Lava Pulse formula. Submission, Mud Spatter, Flutterby, Electrify, Night Shade, besides Taunt and Medidate (only difference is that it puts to sleep instead of provoking confusion). Whilist for Imprison formula we only have Fling (currently only on moveset of Shiny Sharpedo and Carnivine) and Aroma Veil (currently only on moveset of Galarian Rapidash). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's it.

Third: We already have a water-type stun with "erratic range", which is Water Pledge. I think it fulfills the role for this kind of water atk.

An observation: I understand a poke with suggested new formula for Soak + Water Tornado could become pretty op for pvp, but in Milotic's case if someone wanted to do that they'd have to choose 2 between Ref, Rain and Tornado. So I think it's still fair. And if there are any other cases to come it can be thought through by then.

What do you guys think about it?

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello,
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it as well as any other. First of all I want to point out that your argument as we have many lava pulse's formulas compared to Imprison, there are many of these too.
Second of all I'd like to point out, that we don't want every pokemon to have stuns giving sleep/frozen solid conditions, because it's not good for the balance and you guys are getting to used and are too much demanding of these kind of spells along with water tornado's, protections, rain dances (and I am talking about general based on my PMs in game or discord).

Else, creating new spells with similar or the same formulas is intended to give bigger variety of stunning spells, so that way not every water pokemon will be having water pulse, not every psychic pokemon will be having confusion or imprison and not every dark/ghost pokemon will be having flatter.

I hope you understand our point and reason of rejection. For now Milotic will stay at it is, maybe in the future we could give it a water tornado, but not right now. Also it's not that rare, there are 120+ milotics in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back