What's new

Welcome!

Snorlax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
Hello,

I am familiar with snorlax in Padventures since its previous moveset rebalance, and IMO it is better now than before, but I have one main concern with him... In all pokemon games it is known to be a tank, its best stats must be its HP. So, it is very disapointing to see snorlax with low HP (since other pokemons with lower HP stats have higher HP than him currently in the game). I see this situation as an error, misrepresentation, etc. For example, browsing bulbapedia for the list of pokemons by base stats, and ordering them in HP descending, snorlax is after only very few pokes available today in game: blissey, chansey, wobbufet and wailord.

stats pokes.jpg

I would also like to comment that snorlax is remarkably a strong pokemon, it is classified in bulbapedia with a sum of stats of 540 (other pokemons with this total are milotic, haxorous, blissey, electivire, magmortar, kingdra). I am not saying that he is weak now, but wrongly represented in terms of its stats.. Snorlax with low HP is not Snorlax!

Obviously, it has rest, and it could be argued that in practice the enemy will have to damage him for twice of its HP. IMO, snorlax should continue with rest, as it is one of its signature moves, a sleepy pokemon, but it should be well represented in terms of stats, as a pokemon with awesome HP, which is a signature of it aswell.

If such suggestion is accepted, then something has to be nerfed in snorlax. Some suggestions:
-> increasing sleep time of rest, decreasing the heal amount over time, and maybe the cooldown aswell of this move and other ones (it is expected to be very slow)
-> decreasing the defense, movemevent speed, and damage of snorlax, however respecting its stats (speed is bad, defense is regular, attack is good, remembering that HP should be excellent)

This makes me wonder how the speed status is represented in PAdventures. Is it a mix of movement speed and cooldown time of movements? I asked this because Alakazam, for example, has a very good Speed stats, but in game it has slow movemente speed.

My last comment about is Snorlax is that it should not have Tackle, which would be ok for its pre-evolution Munchlax, but not for Snorlax, which has several other more interesting moves that could replace it, let me suggest some of them from bulbapedia:
-> Snore (normal)
-> Body Slam (normal)
-> Giga Impact (normal)
-> Rollout (rock)
-> Amnesia (psy)
-> Defense Curl (perhaps this could be a passive)

References:
stats - https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Snorlax_(Pokémon)#Stats
moves by level up - https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Snorlax_(Pokémon)#By_leveling_up

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi,
first of all, please, don't be offended, but before doing any suggestion, that would strongly affect pvp, learn how pokemons work in padventures, which systems we have and which we don't. That will help you to make better suggestions.

We don't have stats system, we don't consider those, that are on bulbapedia. We are panning to add 'random stats system' on which players will have a little bit of control, but that has to wait.

Changing snorlax as you are suggesting, not even giving it more hp, would ruin PVP. Imagine everyone with snorlaxes killing 2 pokes of the opponent...

Sorry, but I have to reject this suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back