What's new

Welcome!

Slowbro & Slowking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsotss

Reaction score
At the beginning sorry for writing here about Slowking, but I have a reason to do it (I hope its enough reason).

So here is Slowking and Slowbro with theirs movesets:

ZzxYqWh.png

I decided to make thread about these 2 pokemons becouse simply they are very similar to each other. If I am not wrong Slowbro was more water, Slowking more psychic and some time ago they were rebalanced. Therefore the suggestion will be related to this. Yeah, I know, Slowbro has Rain Dance – but to be honest just one the best spell doesn’t make it more water and doesn’t make it in winning postion as a water side. Moreover I think Water Tornado which has Slowking is equal (or maybe quite better, depends of thinking) to Rain Dance because of obvious reason.

Going further let’s go to TMs side. 1 slot usually is taken by Reflect and here is no needed to talk about it more, everybody knows why, unless players put cheaper TMs cause of money (but we should include the best options, right?). So is 1 slot empty – and it is players’ choice if make it more water or psychic, but still putting any water spell makes Slowbro/Slowking looking on full moveset (with TMs) the same – 2 strong water spells and 2 strong psychic spells or another story by putting psycho move – Slowbro and Slowking have 1 strong water move and 3 strong psycho moves. Also worth to say that Slowking can learn Rain Dance and Wonder Room (which has Slowbro in moveset) and Slowbro can learn Water Tornado and Psyblast (which has Slowking) so actually they can ALMOST be the same (of course are others TMs too and Slowbro has more possibilities than Slowking, but if it is about exp side, TMs of these 2 pokemons are similar; I don't talk here about PVP TMs cause is completly different thing and here can be a lot of opportunities). The difference would be then just in few weak spells and heal side.

Ok, so don’t wanna talk more about them, hope everything is clear what I have said above. Right now I am gonna change a bit Slowbro’s moveset to be more water:
1) Confusion for Water Pledge – simple: stun psychic for stun water; similar area.
2) Trick Room for Surf – simple: paralyze small area spell for paralyze target spell
3) Psywave for Downpour – small psychic area spell for a bit bigger water area spell
4) Waterball for Psychic – small water area spell target for non-target psychic area and removing Psychic from passive
5) Bubblebeam for Role Play - similar DMG, a bit better area of Role Play

Final moveset of Slowbro:
P: Calm Mind
P: Psyshock
1) Aqua Tail
2) Psychic
3) Water Pledge
4) Downpour
5) Role Play
6) Water Gun
7) Heal Pulse
8) Wonder Room
9) Surf
10) Rain Dance

Last edited:

Tsotss

Reaction score
Would you consider the change? Just to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back