What's new

Welcome!

Shiny Umbreon

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfredo luiss

Reaction score
I wanted to talk about shiny umbreon damage and I'm going to be direct. The shiny umbreon for me is the most exaggerated and far from a balance.

curse
Your Umbreon deals 1020 damage to a Gengar.
Darkest Lariat
Your Shiny Umbreon deals 1208 damage to a Gengar.

20% + damage, first time I see so much increased damage on a shiny pokemon

nigth daze
also has more damage
Your Umbreon deals 3018 damage to a Gengar
Your Shiny Umbreon deals 3216 damage to a Gengar

I compare these 2 movements because they are the only remaining areas
Foul play
Your Umbreon deals 2408 damage to a Gengar.
this movement is almost 90% hit twice, it is very rarely when it hits more

Dream catcher
Your Shiny Umbreon deals 2620 damage to a Gengar
However, this movement has been tried and repeatedly hits like 5 times
I do not say that always, but on several occasions, and it goes far by the damage of a foul play

Possibly several players who have this pokemon disagree with me, but it also counts the opinion of others and I wanted to make see this exaggerated change that they made only because many claimed the low damage that they put in the previous rebalance, but taking into account the majority of shiny, the vast majority do not receive increased damage in all areas.
I want to ask you to carefully analyze the total damage of the pokemon and that not only for taking the opposite, leave it like this

demzpacito

Reaction score
-Shiny Sunflora's Bullet Seed damage is also 1.2k x 6, so not the only shiny with such increase

-Night Daze is actually increased under avg. Take Shiny Espeon for example
20:57 Your Shiny Espeon deals 3414 damage to a Hitmonlee. (this is one hit from Synchronoise)

-Dream Catcher damage is regular. Just check other pokes with atks with same mechanic, like Mr Mime's Light Screen or Dodrio's Tornado

What I can agree is that Sh Umbreon currently has more "massive dmg area atks"* than it's supposed to have. All pokes have only 2 of them, while Sh Umbreon has 3 (the 3 mentioned above).

*atks in this category
Hydropump-like
Rain Dance-like
Magma Storm-like
Return-like
Earthquake-like
Water Tornado-like
Sandstorm-like
Light Screen-like
Solar Blade-like

Maybe I'm forgetting one or another (Foul play is not included btw) but u get the idea. But dmg is perfectly fine

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
I do belive that dmg is good and as it was supposed to be (srsly if that would be cloned umbreon not shiny he would deal exact same dmg as you write) usually when i do any increase its either 50 or 100 dmg more from the base so its not over the top and as demz pointed examples of other mons doing same dmg or even higher than what umbre is capable of. Dream catcher wise it deals as much as any light screen like move that every other pokemon have in moveset (no matter which pokemon it is).

Its not the first nor the last pokemon that will have that kind of dmg increase.

Also do we really always have to deal with complaining?
Dmg is lower > ppl complain
Dmg is same as base (even if shiny or mega have better moveset) > ppl complain
Dmg is higher by 50/100 > apparently suddently its bad

Last edited:

marshalldx53

Reaction score
I'm a shiny umbreon owner so I may sound a bit bias but here is what I think:

1- Darkest Lariat have a 600 base dmg per hit but, like Demz mentioned, other pokemons with the same formula have the same base dmg.

2- Night daze used to hit 3.4k and back then no one complained about it.

3- Foul play can hit up to 4 times if you use dark portal.

Lastly, shiny umbreon is looking really good indeed but I don't think averaging out the damage of pokemons is a good idea because the different aspects of each pokemon add more fun to the game. Besides, the relation between good damage and the pokemon rarity is also something interesting to keep in mind.

Last edited:

Nymeria

Reaction score
I think that every shiny pokémon should be way better than regular version. Its not Just an addon. If shiny umbreon is hitting more than others, lets make others shinies better. Wich in most shinies versions is quite the opposite. Most shinies have Just a difference of movesets... Some for the worse..
Gz for reba on sh umbreon, improve others stingo :*

Last edited:

alfredo luiss

Reaction score
It would also be fair if other brilliants have increased movement damage just like brilliant umbreon, and if you make an excuse like that it would unbalance the game, it's what you're doing with brilliant umbreon. You made a comparison that if it was cloned it would have 10% + damage, but the cloned ones do not change their movement set, also the vast majority of shinys do not have 10% + damage in their areas, and to be more specific I refer to all its areas as shiny umbreon

stin stauer

Reaction score
I think that every shiny pokémon should be way better than regular version. Its not Just an addon. If shiny umbreon is hitting more than others, lets make others shinies better. Wich in most shinies versions is quite the opposite. Most shinies have Just a difference of movesets... Some for the worse..
Gz for reba on sh umbreon, improve others stingo :*

Hello, I don't think all shinies should be way better than the normal version, IMO each case has to be well analysed. There are many regular versions which are very strong, making their shiny form way better as you say would desbalance the duel system.
The way I see 3 different moves and a small boost damage is quite enough.

However I agree with you when you say that there many shinies still needing a rebalance, but trying to make Sh umbreon worse just to put all shinies in the same level isn't the way, what you should be doing is create a thread to each weak pokemon you see and give concrete suggestions about them.

if you guys wanna talk about a shiny eeveelution, it should be Sh. Glaceon, the worst by far in the family, why isn't there anybody trying to help this fellow?

Zecao

Reaction score
There are many people who are confused when comparing a "shiny" pokemon with its "normal" shape. There are reasons why a pokemon does a little less damage in certain moves and they are:

That damage they lose, which is usually 200-300, is compensated with a passive or much greater damage (in other movements). Another factor that is important is the issue of increasing 10% or more than 1,000 HP, which allows you to do more damage on certain occasions by keeping a pokemon alive to launch another attack, which its original version could not access.

In some way or another they have more damage, and movements that help defeat their weaknesses

@alfredoluis You speak of Foul Play: you can cause the attack to do damage more than once by being smart, I consider that the damage is fine, it seems to me exaggerated that it does more damage, knowing that in combat or hunting on the move it can do large amounts of damage

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
There are many people who are confused when comparing a "shiny" pokemon with its "normal" shape. There are reasons why a pokemon does a little less damage in certain moves and they are:

That damage they lose, which is usually 200-300, is compensated with a passive or much greater damage (in other movements). Another factor that is important is the issue of increasing 10% or more than 1,000 HP, which allows you to do more damage on certain occasions by keeping a pokemon alive to launch another attack, which its original version could not access.

Im Sorry but in my opinion is unfair that the original form deals more dmg in some moves than the shiny form only because the shiny form got a new passive and some good moves.In that case I would buy normal forms with more dmg, instead a shiny. Hopefully, I think most of the shinies at least have the same dmg as the normal form.

alfredo luiss

Reaction score
I understand your answer @Zecao, because you are not going to make raids, you only say it in the aspect of duels, and the brilliant umbreon is not used much for duels, they are used for hunting and assaulting, it is in this aspect that I say Are you more interested in HP or the moonlight, or why do you think those with bright umbreon prefer detect
instead of moonlight?

Nymeria

Reaction score
I understand your answer @Zecao, because you are not going to make raids, you only say it in the aspect of duels, and the brilliant umbreon is not used much for duels, they are used for hunting and assaulting, it is in this aspect that I say Are you more interested in HP or the moonlight, or why do you think those with bright umbreon prefer detect
instead of moonlight?

Plz use the word shiny instead of brilliant and bright '_'

Zecao

Reaction score
instead of moonlight?

in fact, in my opinion there are better options to use than umbreon in a raid for example, I understand that like all of us, we have favorite pokemon that we want to show off and that are strong, but as it happens to people who fight in PvP, not always we can use those we like because there are better options ...
In this case, using pokemon like Golurk, which costs a lot less, and perhaps even more than Umbreon, is adapting to what the game gives you, obviously trying to balance so that it can be used for PVE / PVP, but for that there are other 15-20 Ghost / Dark type Pokémon that can serve you in a raid. (I hope you understand what I mean)

@caxoxd:

I gave you my opinion, I think that to do it again here is to waste time trying to explain what I understand when Sting removes damage in some movements, to compensate for the fact that passives are added, or damage in others, that cover / increase the damage of the pokemon finally.

Remember that a "Shiny" Pokemon, not only has a change of movements, some get very useful mechanics increasing HP, and if the damage after all increases having that small and tiny reduction in damage as I explained to Alfredo ( 200/300 dmg) that is really offset in one way or another

PS: I just my opinion, we discuss it on live server and each one take his own conclusion
Regards.

Ashtib

Reaction score
in fact, in my opinion there are better options to use than umbreon in a raid for example, I understand that like all of us, we have favorite pokemon that we want to show off and that are strong, but as it happens to people who fight in PvP, not always we can use those we like because there are better options ...
In this case, using pokemon like Golurk, which costs a lot less, and perhaps even more than Umbreon, is adapting to what the game gives you, obviously trying to balance so that it can be used for PVE / PVP, but for that there are other 15-20 Ghost / Dark type Pokémon that can serve you in a raid. (I hope you understand what I mean)

@caxoxd:

I gave you my opinion, I think that to do it again here is to waste time trying to explain what I understand when Sting removes damage in some movements, to compensate for the fact that passives are added, or damage in others, that cover / increase the damage of the pokemon finally.

Remember that a "Shiny" Pokemon, not only has a change of movements, some get very useful mechanics increasing HP, and if the damage after all increases having that small and tiny reduction in damage as I explained to Alfredo ( 200/300 dmg) that is really offset in one way or another

PS: I just my opinion, we discuss it on live server and each one take his own conclusion
Regards.

too much text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back