What's new

Welcome!

Rhyperior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emanuel Mano

Reaction score
Rhyperior today is a forgotten pokemon since they left Rhydon overpowering as a Rock type, my suggestion is to make Rhyperior an alternative option of Rhydon, so that people have to choose Rhydon as a great rock pokemon and Rhyperior with Ground so let's leave him a little more Ground.

P - Harden
m1 - Rock Throw
m2 - Drill Run
m3 - Rock Wrecker
m4 - Tectonic Dance
m5 - Low Kick >>>>>>> Quicksand
m6 - Rock Slide >>>>>> Close Combat
m7 - Protection
m8 - Sand Force
m9 - Rock Tomb >>>>> Magnitude / Earthquake / Earth Power / Scorching Sands
m10 - Falling Rocks

jfKtpPG.jpg

Scorching Sands
DV7Jv1M.png

Rock Wrecker - Signature
iK8d5Hf.jpg

Last edited:

Bebens

Reaction score
If he's so good, why is Cloned Rhyperior half the price of Cloned Rhydon?
Cause Rhydon is more useful on many bosses which gives the best loot Thundurus/Shiny Ho-Oh etc. and price never shows how good pokemon is for example Ash Greninja or alot of any other pokes

Reaction score
I think low kick is a little unnecessary, to be honest. Rhyperior doesn't have, at least not directly, a weakness for this move to be as useful as a counter. Unlike Magmortar, which has rock type as one; low kick ends up being quite useful in any situation, especially in duels (about magmortar, i mean). So I think the idea of adding one more type of ground-type move to rhyperior it is really cool, as emanuel said - quicksand seems to be a great idea. But I thought of something like stone crash, too. No mores, it's great.

Jeroxx

Reaction score
it's something "silly" says Rock/Ground, the pokemon is well balanced with the full rock or ground of Tm and the movement "drill run" that you call useless if I'm not mistaken it hits almost the same damage as sand force for 100+/ - damage. if you don't like how rhyperior is, it's not full ground, go try other pokemons like c sand or c marowak.
and the price of the cloned rhydon and rhyperior is for people "stu..." who overvalue the pokemons

Emanuel Mano

Reaction score
First of all if I wanted a better pokemon ground I wouldn't have opened this topic.
This topic is not to talk about Cloned Sandslash or other Pokemon Ground.
Regarding the damage of Rhyperior's Drill Run, it's a question of whether Staff leaves the damage high or low at the time of rebalance.
About the comparison of the cloned versions it was just to symbolize the difference between Rhydon and Rhyperior more visible, but that in their normal versions there is also this preference of Rhydon, because Rhyperior is not attractive, most players that I talk to say that, it has no advantage to evolve Rhydon, it will spend with stone not to get better, not even as good.

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't feel like rhyperior need any changes for sure not making him a ground pokemon when people have rock tms. Rhydon is better overall as an rock type pokemon while Rhyperior is pretty well balanced between his two types which lets people choose if they want rock or ground tms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back