What's new

Welcome!

Politoed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
Change Water Sport's required lvl from 70 to 60
Change Perish Song's required lvl from 60 to 65(or 70)

Reason: Politoed is a pure Water type Pokémon but has only 5 Water type attacks and in addition to that, only 2 of them are AoE(3 if you count Water Spout), and it can't have access to Water Sport untill lvl 70, which makes it hard to lvl. Changing Perish Song's lvl won't affect it too much since Water Sport is much more effective for lvling in Politoed's case.

P.S. I would love to see a remake on Politoed since it's pretty much useless in my opinion but then again I am not into duels and it clearly is a PvP Poké as it is.

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
Well, I mentioned before that I would like to see a Politoed remake so I decided to come up with some ideas myself.

First of all, here's Politoed's current moveset;

politoed.png

I have 3 different suggestions depending on staffs approach on some moves.

1- Sparkling Aria

This moveset has Sparkling Aria as its core. But it is exclusive to Primarina in original games so I would understand if you would want it to keep it that way in PA.

Change Water Sport for Sparkling Aria
Change Perish Song for Brine
Change Aqua Pound for Tsunami
Change Endure for Haze(not sure if it would be too op w Surf + Haze tho) or Ice Punch
Raise HP by 3k(maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more)

Adding 2 new strong AoE's made me want to remove Aqua Pound since it can deal high dmg as well, that's why I replaced it by Tsunami.
I really want it to lose Perish Song because it doesn't give it any new coverages and a water AoE would be much better.
I wanted an ice type move to give it another Grass type coverage move.

2- Water Tornado

This moveset has Water Tornado as its core but I'm not sure if you want to keep it exclusive for Vaporeon for the time being.

Change Water Sport for Water Tornado
Change Perish Song for Brine
Change Aqua Pound for Tsunami
Change Endure for Haze(not sure if it would be too op w Surf + Haze tho) or Ice Punch
Raise HP by 3k(maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more)

The reasons are the same as 1st moveset.

3- Small Change(thanks to Syntek)

Change Aqua Pound by Brine

Well, Aqua Pound is an rng based move so adding Brine would make Politoed have more dmg in general.

Last edited:

Syntek

Banned user
Reaction score
so you want an useless poke for duel, and just for level? that's it? I didn't know that Inko has groupies.

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
so you want an useless poke for duel, and just for level? that's it? I didn't know that Inko has groupies.

Well, I am a PvE player and don't understand PvP at all. But I haven't seen anyone use it in duels as well(I play in Platinum, it might be common in Diamond. Then it's a different story). So I think it desperately needs a rebalance. Maybe it could keep Endure in order to keep it's PvP side a bit strong as well.

Syntek

Banned user
Reaction score
Well, I am a PvE player and don't understand PvP at all. But I haven't seen anyone use it in duels as well(I play in Platinum, it might be common in Diamond. Then it's a different story). So I think it desperately needs a rebalance. Maybe it could keep Endure in order to keep it's PvP side a bit strong as well.

Well, your sentence has your answer. Of course that in Diamond is different story than Platinum, I'm not saying that Platinum Duelers are bad, but there are a Politoed User on diamond: Skelth. And Politoed vs Electric Oricorio, it's a bet, sometimes he won, or sometimes I do, so I really don't think that the solution is removing Perish Song, one of the Politoed mainly moves. Also it has Drizzle as ability, being a good ability for PVe. Maybe I'll agree with Aqua Pound > Brine, or a little change, but overall Politoed it's good.

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
Well, your sentence has your answer. Of course that in Diamond is different story than Platinum, I'm not saying that Platinum Duelers are bad, but there are a Politoed User on diamond: Skelth. And Politoed vs Electric Oricorio, it's a bet, sometimes he won, or sometimes I do, so I really don't think that the solution is removing Perish Song, one of the Politoed mainly moves. Also it has Drizzle as ability, being a good ability for PVe. Maybe I'll agree with Aqua Pound > Brine, or a little change, but overall Politoed it's good.

Well, thank you for providing some PvP player perspective. Appreciate it!

Also, edited the post with the consideration of Syntek's perspective.

Last edited:

Shadow Mist

Reaction score
About Sparkling Aria on any other Pokemon other than Primarina, you can forget about it, as you mentioned, we want to indeed keep it as Primarina exclusive move.

Water Tornado suggestion overall would be a nerf rather than a buff imo; so I'd not like that

Aqua Pound > Brine, wouldn't be a good change in neither PvP nor PvE imo; if you think otherwise, please tell me, because both Aqua Pound and Brine have the same area, but as you mentioned, Aqua Pound is kinda RNG based but it's way faster to do damage with it than Brine, which takes 3s~ to do full damage, that, if Politoed manages to survive.

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
About Sparkling Aria on any other Pokemon other than Primarina, you can forget about it, as you mentioned, we want to indeed keep it as Primarina exclusive move.

Water Tornado suggestion overall would be a nerf rather than a buff imo; so I'd not like that

Aqua Pound > Brine, wouldn't be a good change in neither PvP nor PvE imo; if you think otherwise, please tell me, because both Aqua Pound and Brine have the same area, but as you mentioned, Aqua Pound is kinda RNG based but it's way faster to do damage with it than Brine, which takes 3s~ to do full damage, that, if Politoed manages to survive.

I see your point(haven't considered speed of the move factor). Would adding a weak AoE such as Tsunami as passive be acceptable?

Grayfoox

Reaction score
so, can you please add Liquid Voice ability to politoed? this will help in pve side due it has Perish Song :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back