What's new

Welcome!

Pinsir / Cloned Pinsir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As i had said in another thread previously, i don't know the expansion of this incoming rebalance is going to take. Although, I would like, also, to ask for a reviewing on Pinsir, please.

On past, pinsir had its "days of glory" , but being honest its seems kinda worthless and devalued, IMO. Surely, it's not that worthless, specially when it reachies 130% moxie (when it got this instead other, ofc), but i think it could be kinda better. Below, we have the current pinsir moveset:

2KmsKTD.jpg

My idea is to:

Harden - Passive
Bug Bite - 40 - 10s
Close Combat - 52 - 20s
Attack Order - 40 - 15s
Submission - 55 - 35s
Fell Stinger / Steamroller - 65 - 45s
Protection - 55 - 60s
X-Scissor - 43 - 20s
Pollen Puff - 54 - 30s
Guillotine - 48 - 20s
Powder - 60 - 40s

I would also like to suggest if you could improve the damage caused by "Guillotine", since this is one of the main movements of pinsir, as we can see in the anime, and also, according to bulbapedia, there are several agreements and combinations (vice grip / bind) that show that your horns are extremely powerful.

thank you,

Tsotss

Reaction score
And IMO Frenzy is Pinsir's signature move. There is no other pokemon if I am not wrong with this move.

Metin

Reaction score
Pinsir/Cloned pinsir is very strong and balanced in my opinion

NandoCruise

Reaction score
I would say the only "problem" with pinsir is that X-Scissor and Cutter Dance have very small area and Frenzy's formula doesn't always hit 3 times.

Pinsir is still good, but only in close range.

Reaction score
And IMO Frenzy is Pinsir's signature move. There is no other pokemon if I am not wrong with this move.

Not really, i'm pretty sure that 'guillotine' is (taking bulbapedia and even anime as a base). Obviously, there's no way to make every single signatured pkm moveset detachable. But, i truly think in gives a singular 'buff' to which pkm who has their signatured move would be interesting. that's not about "the only pkm in game who has it, i mean".

For example:
blastoise (hydropump)

Kingler:
5gw9MBN.jpg

Pinsir (even mega evolution one):

mzxjcsk.jpg

I even thought about a possible change to its formula, but as i said not every single move may get this detachable way.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pinsir/Cloned pinsir is very strong and balanced in my opinion

Cutter dance = really small range, in a case of the user get stuck for any situation and it be realized (-1)
X-scissor = small range, as well and too much alterntive while being realized.
Frenzy's formula = really similar to hydro swipes, too hard to handle/deal damage.

what makes pinser's AoE moves kinda worthless. IMO.

Last edited:

demzpacito

Reaction score
Cutter dance = really small range, in a case of the user get stuck for any situation and it be realized (-1)
X-scissor = small range, as well and too much alterntive while being realized.
Frenzy's formula = really similar to hydro swipes, too hard to handle/deal damage.

what makes pinser's AoE moves kinda worthless. IMO.

frenzy is actually like psyfusion/last resort

but in general i agree that pinsir could use some atk with wider range

i'd suggest the following changes:

u-turn for close combat
x-scissor for swarm
cutter dance for steamroller
bug bite for mud shot

but i'm also a bit concerned about what this improvement on his range of atks could mean in matters of ksing because of moxie

in

Reaction score
frenzy is actually like psyfusion/last resort

but in general i agree that pinsir could use some atk with wider range

i'd suggest the following changes:

u-turn for close combat
x-scissor for swarm
cutter dance for steamroller
bug bite for mud shot

but i'm also a bit concerned about what this improvement on his range of atks could mean in matters of ksing because of moxie

+11111

Reaction score

+ 1 i didn't have thought about swarm as a AoE + bug type move, that's why i thought about submission.
About ksing thing, we have may other examples not so apparently problematic as it could be (heracross, Migthyena (specially these two), honchkrow).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back