What's new

Welcome!

Our Plans for 2018

huberto

Reaction score
With tomorrow's merge we'll change catch rates of diamond to x1,5 and pokemon's experience to x1,5. Such change won't apply to places like POI (maybe to something else if we decide about it). It will probably happen with tomorrow's merge, but I don't promise.

I would also highly appreciate if you would stop to talk about things you have no idea about. Platinum was used to test many stuff for a quite long time. That's something that players cannot notice until crash or constant freezes (due to reload) are happening. Thank you.

Sorry for the part about tests then. I just have never seen people complaining about technical issues on platinum, also I heard about tests being made at Clone server. That's why I thought you prefer to test things outside of normal worlds if you can do it without interrupting players gaming experience. I will try to not speak such things if I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks for your decision about rate change, I hope everyone will enjoy it, even Cpadde (maybe you can now lvl up your Shiny Stantler not only showing how nice it is at lvl 100 after candy diet).

@NandoCruise

Believe me or not but we have a lot of newcomers on diamond. I help them realy often and these are people of all kind. There are guys who come back after a long retirement, they just ask for pokes thats true. But I also have seen many true newcomers, who see this game for the first time and don't know how to use basic things. The point is that they usually stop playing after 1-2 weeks, reaching lv. 30-40, rarely 50+. No matter how much you help them, 99% will quit at low lv. when they can't even experience how cool this game realy is. I don't know whats the problem and how to fix. I also have no idea how are newcomers on platinum, if they stay or longer or not.

Elias Walker

Reaction score
Then make Platinum and Diamond Equal's rates... Platinum will soon be a "new Pearl", because i'm sure the rates will be like they are now, you will available world transfers (IF you make rates equal) and will allow world trade via market

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
@Inko,
Clone server was created long time after, when amount of players on platinum increased and our tests and eventual crashes (so also rollbacks) would affect too many of them and give us much more work with recovering their stuff. But that happened more than 1 year after.

@Nando Cruise
x1.5 is the deal and nothing else is going to happen. We are giving you the hand but you want whole arm. Hell no.

@Elias,
No thanks

Aleks

Reaction score
If Diamond rates are going to be changed... why allowing pearl players from pearl to go to platinum ? they should have been forced to move to diamond and keep platinum locked.

If thats the case just merge the 3 servers and be done with it.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
If Diamond rates are going to be changed... why allowing pearl players from pearl to go to platinum ? they should have been forced to move to diamond and keep platinum locked.

If thats the case just merge the 3 servers and be done with it.
Because we have decided about diamond's rates after Inko's (huberto) post, so yesterday. We are not planning to merge diamond with platinum.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
@Nando Cruise
x1.5 is the deal and nothing else is going to happen. We are giving you the hand but you want whole arm. Hell no.

The whole hand would be asking SAME rates as Platinum, which is not what I (and Huberto) suggested.

Let me give you 2 examples:

1.- There is a Company called Apple. In 2010 the CEO Steve Jobs said, and I quote from this article http://www.businessinsider.com/steve-jobs-was-wrong-about-big-phones-2014-9?IR=T, "no one would want to buy a big phone". He passed away. Four years later Apple was heavily criticised because, due to market demand, they felt obliged to create an iPhone with a bigger screen and that's when they launched iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, which all of us know had bigger screens. Nowadays, we all know how big, important and wealthy this company is.

2.- There is another Company called Blackberry. They used to be the top mobile-phone company in the world. However, they decided to stay with the "famous" QWERTY keyboard and ignore the fact that people started to demand phones with a touch screen. Eventually most Blackberry users stop buying their phones and migrated to a touch screen phone. Blackberry, in a desperate move to survive, launched the Blackberry Z10, first Blackberry smartphone with a complete touch screen, but sadly it was too late and no one felt attracted to Blackberry anymore. And after 14 years of manufacturing phones and being the Top Phone Company, in 2016 they stopped manufacturing phones due to the struggle to keep up with other companies. information from here: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/28/blackberry-to-stop-making-phones-handsets

These are FACTS, real life situations.

Staff, you can decide which "company" you want to be.

This is not me throwing a tantrum about something only I want. This is about You (staff) acknowledging what we, players, want. I don't see other people posting or expressing their opinions (other than Huberto or ppl thanking my posts) because they think You (staff) never listen and always end up doing Your will. However, this is me trying to make bigger a game I really love.

I won't comment anymore on this Topic.

Good luck in keeping this game alive.

Vernes

Reaction score
so it's just to say that they will change, to silence the players, because this will change nothing, players will still prefer platinum

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
so it's just to say that they will change, to silence the players, because this will change nothing, players will still prefer platinum
then go and play on patinum, as simple as that :)

mmarvim

Reaction score
Raissa; said:
There's one suggestion coming from a playing GM (before some moron will come counting of how experienced is he compared to gms hehe) that will probably be applied, but it will take time.

Please, give priority to this, them you can add all alola pokemons with a funnier game again :)

paralyzer776

Reaction score
I really suggest merging Diamond with Platinum or making both Platinum rates. Why? It is beacause era of Tibia or Tibia like games is mostly gone, there is not many new players and old players are getting older and older what means they have less time. I would rather focus on the situation that we have now, not the situation we used to have. People don't want to change to Platinum without a reason. I understand that 1 server = less profit, but there is many things u can do to earn money. You should also consider the fact that we have much more than Kanto at the moment so even with Platinum rates it takes ages to lvl even 50 of them. About the catch: Catch rate on Platinum isn't much different from the one we have on Diamond. It works pretty much the same(in practice) excluding that it is easier to catch lower "ranked" pokemons.

I would like to ask as many players as possible to answer my post, thanks.

Sucrilhosforever

I'm a Community Manager. Animes sux. They are just
Reaction score
No. Merge diamond and platinum would be nosense.

Things should stay as they are now(maybe with a bit of boost on diamond).
Problem was, for me, the timeline of the merge
day 1: we will merge diamond and pearl, no platinum transfer= ppl selling pokemons from pearl to platinum
day 5: we will allow transfer to pearl= ppl went mad cause they sold pokemons before because was impossible to move, and diamond players went mad cause they wanted to transfer.
day 9(1 day before merge): we will boost diamond rates=ppl who transfered went mad cause they could stay at diamond for free, even if the boost was minor, that was enough for some who playerd for like 5~6 years.

It is time to change, yes, but make both worlds equal won't be: fair(for those who started from 0 on platinum/who spent 50 diamonds transfering) neither good(because some of the players i know went to diamond cause platinum "was too easy and i don't like that").

Inko gave such a good suggestion in here:http://www.padventures.org/forum/sh...Plans-for-2018&p=360780&viewfull=1#post360780

IMO, pearl shouldn't be dead(almost every 10 pearl players(rofl) didn't wanted pearl to die, because we wanted exactly what pearl was, an "empty" server, so we could exp in peace, ppl who wanted to duel/better market went to diamond since 2 years ago. If the merge had not happent, we wouldn't have this shitstorm happening in every single thread now.

TL:DR: All news connected to an event this huge should be announced early, and all information released at the same time, not 1 info per day; diamond should have a boost on exp/catch(but not equal to platinum); Merge should've never happened.

Every step that staff takes, it will be criticized, as always. But it's nice that they are TRYING TO DO SOMETHING TO US(remember nino?)and to this game. Thank you.

Last edited:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Guys, this is thread for our plans for 2018, I would like to kindly ask you to stop doing fights and shitstorms here. You can suggest something, but stop doing offtopic.

@Migve
professions here will be completely different than in your stupid brOt. It will be kind of mix with promotion quest and related to pokemons' elements.

Matimaniaco

Reaction score
I would like to request, for the objectivity and gameplay of the game, to add to the list with all the missions directly to the game, to date only those that we have done.

But by having the ones we have not done, we would not have the need to enter the page to know what mission we are missing.

It's something simple, yes.
It is somewhat less complicated, and more practical. Having a detailed list, I think the players will feel more comfortable.

Dagugo

Reaction score
I would like to request, for the objectivity and gameplay of the game, to add to the list with all the missions directly to the game, to date only those that we have done.

But by having the ones we have not done, we would not have the need to enter the page to know what mission we are missing.

It is somewhat less complicated, and more practical. Having a detailed list, I think the players will feel more comfortable.

use the command !quests it shows every quest in game by lvl.

Popeye

Reaction score
use the command !quests it shows every quest in game by lvl.

Dagugo, what he want to said, is to improve the quest list, for example I have more than 60 quest done, and I don't know wich one are missing, probably and other in the page appear green when are finished, Probably it would be nice to have a complete list of all of it, or an actualization in the page with the mission in order per lvl and with all the misions.

Just suggestion

Tsotss

Reaction score

Dagugo, what he want to said, is to improve the quest list, for example I have more than 60 quest done, and I don't know wich one are missing, probably and other in the page appear green when are finished, Probably it would be nice to have a complete list of all of it, or an actualization in the page with the mission in order per lvl and with all the misions.

Just suggestion

http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?36452-Quests-command

Here is something similar what I've suggested.

Emanuel Mano

Reaction score
I am sorry to ask, but I wonder if you have planned any date for the launch of something Alola, or a forecast between that month and such a month.

I appreciate the attention, have a great Sunday!

By Emanuel Mano

Back