Welcome!

New Spawn of Mega Pokemons

Which mega Pokemons should spawn

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
We are planning to add spawn of mega pokemons that would be accessible by a special boat, that will be probably obtainable from special NPC after completing some quest for 50,000 HD (may change)
One of the sure spawns will be Mega Diancie, it will have a bit different script, than other megas (every X minned crystals on whole server). Normal Diancie will be obtainable with low chances while catching carbink; as bulbapedia says:
Spoiler:
Diancie is born from a Carbink that undergoes a mutation.

We'll of course boost chances to mine Carbink, maybe we will add special spawn.

Ok so, the plan is to add 3-4 mega pokemons on new spawn. We'd like to know which ones you'd like to see.

Ps1. We are planning to boost loot chances of current megas.
Ps2. Not every mega is on the list, because;
a) it is planned to be given for another system
b) already obtainable
c) cus no :7::22:

YOU CAN VOTE MANY TIMES

huberto

Reaction score
Nice to see a new way of getting megas after canceling Dungeon System. Also great to hear that you are planning to resurrect/improve current POI system.
Can you explain a little more how the ticket and place would work?

1. We complete the quest, buy the ticket. Is access to the boat/island is permament? or time limited and we have to buy the ticket again everytime we want to go there.
2. After entering we get access to Mega Pokemon with regular spawn and a chance to loot stone? or will it be some kind of regular pokemon spawn with a chance to meet a boss similar to current POI system?

Thanks in advance!

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice to see a new way of getting megas after canceling Dungeon System. Also great to hear that you are planning to resurrect/improve current POI system.
Can you explain a little more how the ticket and place would work?

1. We complete the quest, buy the ticket. Is access to the boat/island is permament? or time limited and we have to buy the ticket again everytime we want to go there.
2. After entering we get access to Mega Pokemon with regular spawn and a chance to loot stone? or will it be some kind of regular pokemon spawn with a chance to meet a boss similar to current POI system?

Thanks in advance!

1. There would be no ticket necessary, just having the Magikarp boat, that will be sold by NPC, probably after completing quest for Ice Stone (this will require 180-200 level, not decided yet). Yes boat is premament.
2. That's what we haven't decided yet. Maybe it will be similar to current poi system, with boosted loot rate, maybe it will be based on kills of the server (of normal pokemon), maybe it will be based on something else. I don't think that regular spawn would be a great idea, cus mega stone could become too common, unless its rate would be similar to TM Reflect.

Eann

Reaction score
We are planning to add spawn of mega pokemons that would be accessible by a special boat, that will be probably obtainable from special NPC after completing some quest for 50,000 HD (may change)

YOU CAN VOTE MANY TIMES

how much is 50.000hd? 50k? and can be a type of dungeon type daily for kill the mega poke? can be a chance of 1 per week or month? because is hard to still visiting the places and not finding nothing i was searching mega banete for around 1 year and i killed only i think 5 or 6 times max :/ and too have much players that not have much time to play the game and a type of daily can be a good idea

Tsotss

Reaction score
What a great news! Thanks for that! I'll try to enjoy it as much as I can. :)

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
how much is 50.000hd? 50k? and can be a type of dungeon type daily for kill the mega poke? can be a chance of 1 per week or month? because is hard to still visiting the places and not finding nothing i was searching mega banete for around 1 year and i killed only i think 5 or 6 times max :/ and too have much players that not have much time to play the game and a type of daily can be a good idea

yes, 50,000 HD = 50k. We haven't decided a method of spawn yet, but I have to say, that we cannot make everyone happy. It's not our fault that you don't have time to play, it's not like we can do anything to help such people, so you either find the time or miss some game features.

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
Great news.

How would be the interaction between normal, cloned and shiny turning into mega? All of them will be available to transform??

I hope this new system uses those 10 challengers since it is replacing the dungeon =]

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Great news.

How would be the interaction between normal, cloned and shiny turning into mega? All of them will be available to transform??

I hope this new system uses those 10 challengers since it is replacing the dungeon =]

we'll have to think about it, but cloned would most likely evolve into mega pokemon with eventual color change and maybe VERY SLIGHT additional damage or 1k hp more~

Shinies, I don't know. Depends what you guys think about it. Should we allow shinies to transform into mega pokemon?
*If yes, should shiny mega have 2-3 different moves than normal one?
*If yes, should it have the same damage as normal one would have?
*If yes, should it have slight additional damage?
*If yes, should it have both different move and additional damage?

*If no, should it be unable to transform?
*If no, should it be able to transform, but should stay the same as normal one?

Tsotss

Reaction score
From my side I can tell that I would prefer not to have Mega Shiny Pokemon nor Mega Cloned Pokemon. Also it has been said by someone that it won't happen, but I got the point things could change. By the way, if you consider let Shinies and Cloneds change their form into Mega version, shouldn't be the different between normal version of Mega pokemon and Shiny/Cloned one. Some Shinies actually are really strong, then having Mega Shiny Pokemon with different moves, additional HP/DMG could be too strong. Same goes with Cloned ones, but here just DMG/HP will be boosted.

So I can agree have possibility transform Shiny/Cloned into Mega version but they will keep their moveset/TM learnest/DMG/HP as normal Mega Pokemon. These are my thought.

Shadow Mist

Reaction score
here comes my 5 cents

Should we allow shinies to transform into mega pokemon?
yes.

should shiny mega have 2-3 different moves than normal one?
I'd say no, the reason being that, Megas already have their own moveset (different moves between every mega may vary, from 5+) aaaaaand it could be a pain in the ass to balance, since we'll try to make obviously shiny mega form way better than normal one. BUT, on the other hand obtaining a shiny mega is a major achievement, so... maybe not 2-3, but at least 1 special move between regular mega and shiny mega should be ok.
should it have the same damage as normal one would have?
No, it could be a bit higher (like, 10% extra on some spells, but not every single one)

huberto

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of "Shiny/Cloned Mega Pokemons", I was happy to see when you said it is not going to be possible to mega evo shiny/cloneds. It is the one of few reasons people are still encouraged to level up regular forms and I personaly think it should stay this way. If you decide to let shiny/cloneds mega evolve they shouldn't be any different from regular form. No bonus HP, no bonus dmg, no different moves, just different colouring is enough to make people happy.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of "Shiny/Cloned Mega Pokemons", I was happy to see when you said it is not going to be possible to mega evo shiny/cloneds. It is the one of few reasons people are still encouraged to level up regular forms and I personaly think it should stay this way. If you decide to let shiny/cloneds mega evolve they shouldn't be any different from regular form. No bonus HP, no bonus dmg, no different moves, just different colouring is enough to make people happy.

I think it's better to let them transform. In my opinion it would be a little bit unfair, if players who worked hard to make their cloneds the best (full tms etc) would be unable to transform it, they would have to do the same work on the normal version, which is kinda out of sense. I also agree with you and I personaly prefer if they just stay the same, but with different coloring.

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
I think they should be able to transform and there should be 1k extra HP for Shiny Mega Pokémon, nothing more. That way people who lvled their normal versions wouldn't feel THAT bad. On the other hand there should be a difference between Shiny Mega Pokémon and Regular Mega Pokémon, because shinies are hard to get. Thats why I suggested 1k hp. Cloneds on the other hand are not that uncommon, so there is no need for any extras for them.

So, long story in short;

Both Cloneds and Shinies should be able to Mega Evolve.
Shiny Mega Pokémon should have +1k HP.
Cloned Mega Pokémon should just have different colour.

Ladyrawr

Reaction score
I think they should be able to transform and there should be 1k extra HP for Shiny Mega Pokémon, nothing more. That way people who lvled their normal versions wouldn't feel THAT bad. On the other hand there should be a difference between Shiny Mega Pokémon and Regular Mega Pokémon, because shinies are hard to get. Thats why I suggested 1k hp. Cloneds on the other hand are not that uncommon, so there is no need for any extras for them.

So, long story in short;

Both Cloneds and Shinies should be able to Mega Evolve.
Shiny Mega Pokémon should have +1k HP.
Cloned Mega Pokémon should just have different colour.

Totally agree with that..

I've never thought about have a mega pokemon, but I could have a shiny mega metagross for example...

Would be IMO much better the things Fallen Angel says...

I wouldn't buy a new poke to use my mega stone if I have a shiny...

Wycich

Banned user
Reaction score
imo mega pokemons should be much stronger than normal ones, and as ppl above said, "shiny mega pokemon" - "mega pokemon" should have as big difference as "shiny pokemon" - "normal pokemon". Also mega pokemons should be unique, hard to gain, and for example one player has a possibility to having only one mega in bag

just opinion, idk i'm 64lvl

Back