What's new

Welcome!

Diancie

Rafalica

Reaction score
Hello, quick math about Diancie. I've spoken to few people and they seem to spawn one Diancie for every 1XX spawns of Carbink, but lets say its just 100. If you have comet shard held and spawn Carbink every 2nd mining then you spawn one Diancie every 250 minutes. There is achievement #576 for defeating 700 Diancie which would take at least 2917 hours if we consider numbers above to be real representation. 2917 hours which i think are very optimistic and in reality would take longer as it assumes that you click literally every 75 seconds on mining which you wont unless you use illegal programs. Not even saying about odds of a catch which, i could only guess, would usually take more than 700 kills making a catch even worse to achiev.

I think Diancie spawn rate needs tweaks.

Last edited:

demzpacito

Reaction score
i think ur premises are flawed.. IIRC diancie spawn rate was 5% and it doesnt take 2 mining to get 1 carbink, at least thats what i infer from personal experience. This already drops number of hours required by over 5x. Its still a lot, but u can work ways to make it better, for example mining with a friend would already cut ur time in half

And after all u dont need to get all cards on album to claim all rewards, so u can just skip this. Speaking as someone who didnt catch it yet (and I even have its mega stone), I think it would be unfair to ppl who already have been through the burden of catching it or doing the achievement

11:55 Used 2 ultra balls, 123 rocket balls, 80 sport balls on Diancie.

Rafalica

Reaction score
I've assumed you get Carbink every 2nd mining which is 2.5 minute mark, the other one is either fail or powder and i think this data is quite reliable.
Data of Diancie spawn rate related to Carbink is based on what i've had been linked with balls thrown on Carbink and Diancie - those few players had usually hundreds of Carbink killed and below 10 Diancie and ratio of meeting Diancie vs Meeting Carbink was lower than 1:100. My personal data which is 1XX Carbink killed and 0 Diancie met also supports data i've been give by others.

We need to also take things as they are real - practically nobody ever goes mining with friend. People also wants achievements, bigger Poke collection, catch, not only just cards, and when you make an achievement that takes thousand of hours of farming minimum and making a catch of that Pokemon probably even harder then perhaps chances are too extreme, its not a red gyarados after all.

I get it that you thrown lots of balls with current odds and you might feel this time is waste, but that time is still a failure since you didnt catch it yet. If stuff members agree to change spawn rate u'll actually have a bigger chance of finally getting this Pokemon to your collection and perhaps you should focus more on positive aspect of eventual change rather than "i've thrown 200 balls when it was harder", especially that if they do agree to change numbers it most likely wont be a huge change and that Pokemon will still be difficult catch, just not crazy difficult as it is now.

Last edited:

demzpacito

Reaction score
I mean u cant really rely on carbink/diancie number of balls thrown rate for there is a resp that only spawns Carbink, unless you're 100% certain this person hasnt gone there. Also, 100 and something respawns is far from a reliable sample to jump into any conclusions when we're talking of a 5% rate. Trust me when I say I'm the last person you need to teach anything about catching odds on this game.

And I think you misinterpreted my last sentence. As I pointed, I know crystal clear the number of balls I've thrown so far doesnt increase a bit of my chance of catching, at least when it comes to pokes without extra, which is the case. Thats sunk cost. I said that cause as you said I had every reason to support your idea. It would definetly make things easier to me as well. But I dont think it's fair to those who already caught, and thats why I dont support it. Not because I've already thrown 200 balls.

Last but not least: This game does require u to grind really hard to achieve great things. I'm likely the closest player to get Master Ball, what is supposed to be the ultimate goal. The only thing between me and Master Ball now is 50th zygarde cell, for which I need to finish all Akala's tasks from npc Ellen. I suggest u take a look Task window from players profile (its displays each pokemon once, but you have to make each of her tasks 3x). Not to mention other stuff I had to do, like throwing 22k ball to catch an Aerodactyl. To accomplish this, I've given up many other goals I'd like to try.. dueling for example, or intensively going after shinies. Its a matter of setting your priorities and go for it. If I were you, I wouldnt bother at all trying to kill 700 diancies, its not worth for a single rare card. Just like I believe its not worth to evolve 10 snorunts into Glalie just to get a rare card. And this is not me trying to tell you what to and not to do, this is solely my opinion on this matter. Some achievments are simply not worth it

Back