New Spawn of Mega Pokemons

Which mega Pokemons should spawn

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tsotss

Reaction score

NandoCruise

Reaction score
I vividly remember how Raissa said: Shiny and Cloneds will not be able to Mega-evolve, to prevent having a mega-ridiculously-strong pokemon.

However, if Staff members are considering changing their minds now, I would totally agree with Huberto.

... If you decide to let shiny/cloneds mega evolve they shouldn't be any different from regular form. No bonus HP, no bonus dmg, no different moves, just different colouring is enough to make people happy.

The only difference should be the sprite's colour. Just being able to mega evolve shiny and cloned should be enough for us, players, to be happy not to lvl up the normal version and equip it with TMs.

Also, like Vitto said, I can imagine it would be a pain in the ass to rebalance all of them.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for voting everyone, there will be 5 new megas spawning:
Mega Diancie
Mega Mawile
Mega Blastoise
Mega Garchomp
and additionaly Mega Abomasnow

Spawn will be done the same way as previous ones. But we are thinking of making it more often. They would be spawning in random positions this time (still on certain area) and probably a bit more often, than those from poi.
Else, there are some options, that we'd like you to give opinion about;

1. Should Mega Pokemons from POI spawn slightly more often? (1 per day or 1 per 1,5 day?)
2. Should Mega Pokemons from POI have increased loot rate for mega stone?
3. Should Mega Pokemons from Ula'Ula Island drop the same boss tokens as the ones from POI?
4. If 1, 2 and 3 are for yes, should we still allow players to exchange certain amount of boss tokens to Mega Pokemon? Currently we'd set 170~200 as requirement. If 1,2 and 3 would be for yes, we'd prefer to skip that one or increase amount to 350 or more.
5. Should Mega Pokemons from Ula'Ula Island drop different boss tokens that would eventually be changable for a Mega Pokemon only that spawns on Ula'Ula for certain amount of tokens?
6. Should all Mega Pokemons be dropping boss tokens, but without possibility of exchanging them for Mega Pokemon for certain amount and let it be changable for TMs?

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
About nr 1. Imo yes if we are adding New mega's spawning more often it would be unfair to leave old ones unchanged
About nr 2. Depends on loot rate of mega stones from new ones if it will be the same chance then no, if it will be easier then poi ones should be matched to new ones
About nr 4. We had this idea but the idea was when we considered doing it for like 3 months if you keep killing them so the number required for exchaning into mega should be increased since they will spawn more often
About nr 6. Imo exchanging for stone is fair considering that on old system we were like it would take 3 months of constant killing them if you are the one getting all kills (its as fair as catch bonus or tm tasks)

About 3 and 5 it depends. Imo it could be the same token but requirements would need to be higher and maybe some new stuff added except tm also i would say that stone's for new megas could even have a higher requirement than poi ones(due to them being new)

Last edited:

Tsotss

Reaction score
1. In my opinion yes. Shouldn't be the difference with time spawn between Megas from POI and UlaUla island.
2. As above. The loot rate of mega stones should be equal for every Mega which will be in game. If new Megas would have boosted mega stone loot rate then those from POI should have as well.
3. Yes. There is no any reason to have 2 different boss token.
4. Yes, but amount of boss tokens shouldn't be low. If you consider boost spawn of them, then number should be higher to not get so easy mega stone. Also higher number won't let many players obtain mega stone and megas will be quite rare.
5. -
6. -

Last edited:

huberto

Reaction score
1. Yes for me, it would encourage people to start chacking POI everyday and compete against other people. I'm not sure how many people are doing "boss checking for now" but there was a time when for example I killed 6 or 7 Blazikens in a row (was my main target since Blaziken is one of my favourite pokemon), it was pretty simple to calculate time window and the try 2 or 3 times in the spawning day. I would suggest to change it for random spawn time between 20 and 24 hours, knowing 4h window is still an advantage for the one who killed the boss but it would make it easier for other people to randomly find the boss (easier to find it if you have 4h window every day and not every 2-3 days). It would also increase amount of boss items (demonic essence, etc) on the server because now it is realy hard for people who are not camping bosses to get those items and progress on one of alola quests (sorry for this little spoiler).

2. I don't realy know how low is the chance but bosses were introduced almost 3 years ago and we have probably less than 20 Mega stones looted on both server? If your plan is to make Mega pokes a little more common loot chance should be slightly increased. You can always revert rate change if you see stones droping like crazy. It is up to your decision how common or rare Mega pokes should be after all.

3-6. Let me give 1 answer for all these points.
I agree about boss token added to the loot of new Ula Ula bosses.
About stone exchange I see 2 ways how it could possibly be designed.

a) Make POI bosses and Ula Ula/new bosses separated so you can gather tokens and eventually exchange them for megas (200+ tokens for/per stone).
b) Make Ula Ula/new bosses drop the same boss tokens and let us exchange them for any Mega stone possible to loot (400~ tokens for/per stone).

I don't realy see a difference between option a) and b), it should take similar time to gather enough tokens so I think it depends of what kind of limitation you are planning to apply (1 stone exchanged per character/account or unlimited). If you decide to make 1 exchange per character/account then I would preffer option b), if no limit then it makes no difference I would say. Overall I'm a big fan of possibility to exchange tokens for stone even if I only have 50 tokens after all these years. System rewarding players for their time spent on boss hunting is always welcome but make sure there is no way to trade tokens between players (It is probably already blocked but I'm not sure).

PS. Or maybe let people trade tokens? After a longer reflection I think trading wouldn't be that bad. There are surely people who are not going to get enough tokens even for TM so they could eventually decide to sell them. Maybe there should be a boss killed counter added so if you wan't to exchange tokens for Mega Stone you need 200 tokens and 175~ bosses killed / 400 tokens 350~ bosses killed.

Last edited:

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
1- Yes, it would encourage people to check POI more often and Megas from Ula'ula and POI should have the same spawn time in my opinion.
Also, like huberto pointed out, it would help a lot with Alola quest that requires mega drops.

2- Depends, if the new Megas will have a higher mega stone drop rate, the drop rate of the POI mega stones should be increased. I think they should all have the same drop rate.

3 & 4- Yes, doesn't matter which mega someone is killing, I think if someone kills like 300~ megas they deserve to get the mega stone they want. I also see your point which is to increase the requirement if they drop the same token, it makes sense.

6- All Megas should drop tokens and they should be exchangeable for a mega stone like I pointed out before.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
1. Should Mega Pokemon from POI spawn slightly more often? (1 per day or 1 per 1,5 day?)
I totally agree they should spawn more often. I don't know if spawn-time is still like Jano posted almost 3 years ago (meaning between 45 - 65 hrs).
I would totally recommend NOT doing it every 24 hours. I'd say between 20 and 30 hours. I believe a 10 hours gap is fair enough to avoid Campers and to give players from all Nationalities some sort of "fairness" when it comes to killing Megas. I know there are a lot of players from America, but there are players in Europe and Asia too (Turkish players, for example, have a 9 hours time-difference with Mexico).​

2. Should Mega Pokemon from POI have increased loot rate for mega stone?
Yes please. Only Staff members know for sure the exact number of looted mega stones... but after 3 years I'd say that number is not that high. So a small increase in loot rate is not going to make Mega Pokemon "common"​

3. Should Mega Pokemon from Ula'Ula Island drop the same boss tokens as the ones from POI?
YES. One of the things I love about PAd is how several features are similar to the Anime. With this in mind, Mega Pokemon are not an "Alola" thing, so I don't see the point of giving them a different "loot". Furthermore, it would mean making 2 different systems/rewards and so on and there is PLENTY of other things, also important things, which still need to be done.​

4. If 1, 2 and 3 are for yes, should we still allow players to exchange certain amount of boss tokens to Mega Pokemon? Currently we'd set 170~200 as requirement. If 1,2 and 3 would be for yes, we'd prefer to skip that one or increase amount to 350 or more.
5. Should Mega Pokemons from Ula'Ula Island drop different boss tokens that would eventually be changable for a Mega Pokemon only that spawns on Ula'Ula for certain amount of tokens?
6. Should all Mega Pokemons be dropping boss tokens, but without possibility of exchanging them for Mega Pokemon for certain amount and let it be changable for TMs?

I think exchanging tokens for Mega stones should be allowed. I agree on this one with Huberto: Letting players, who were lucky enough to encounter a Mega Pokemon but are not interested in getting Tokens, sell their tokens. However, in order to prevent rich, lazy ppl to abuse this feature by only using money and no effort, there should be some sort of defeated-Mega-Pokemon counter.

I don't think increasing the number to 350 or more is a good thing. 300 tokens sounds fair to me. I mean... I don't know how often the same player would be able to kill all megas, or at least 3 megas per day.
Here's how I see it: if we consider that Daily Dungeon was originally intended to provide a player with 1 Mega stone every 30 or 35 days?? (I don't remember exactly), then 1 month should be "enough" time to get a Mega Pokemon in all fairness.
Let's see the following 2 scenarios: a highly unreal one and a more real one:

1st. Unreal one: The very same player kills all 9 soon-to-be-available Mega Pokemon every day (considering the fact that spawn-time was reduced to 20 - 30 hours). If Boss token requirement stays in 300, that would mean that this player would be able to get his mega stone in 34 days, which is within the number of days Daily Dungeon was. However, let's be real... it would definitely be close to impossible that the same player would be able to do that, BUT... as I said, 34 days is still within Daily Dungeon's time, which means it should be "ok" getting 1 mega stone in that length of time.
2nd. More real one: The very same player manages to kill 3 Mega Pokemon every day, that would mean 100 days... in other words a bit more than 3 months. Over 3 months of time is not going to make Mega Pokemon "common" in game.

I know some people say it should be really hard to get Mega stones, but please don't make it impossible by requiring 400 - 500 tokens. I have played now for almost 2 and a half years and I have NEVER seen a wild Mega Pokemon in POI.

A bit more related to Question 6: There are so many ways of getting TMs today. I think this Boss Token system should not be limited to only TMs, but also give players the opportunity to get a Mega stone.​

Last edited:
Back