What's new

Welcome!

Moves (Attacks) unbalance!

Justified

Reaction score
First of all, i'm not a native english speaker, so, this will have a lot of grammar mistakes. Also, i'm not "creating" all those ideas, almost every one already exists on other kind of games, i'm just trying to bring out for the STAFF attention.

Introduction

One of the most critical problems on the current PAdvenutres game is the lack of a good balance between most of the Pokémon. I know that isn't easy to balance and maybe be impossible to accomplish that. The way PAdventures TEAM (GMS, CMS, i dont rlly know who is in charge of that) does the rebalance of Pokémon isn't viable, because they are looking to the wrong direction. They end up adding some moves or increasing HP to the selected Pokémon every time they realize that a Pokémon is too bad/weak, but the biggest problem isn't the Pokémon, but the attacks/moves.

1. Stats aliment on moves (Also known as burn, poison and etc):

There is no real balance on the attacks (moves) today. What i mean with "no real balance"? Le'ts see:

First of, almost all attacks are damage attacks. We need to create new ways to hurt the opponent's Pokémon besides the direct damage, and we acctually have the answer for that and they are called aliment status (burn, poison and etc), but the staff doesn't use this correctly.

The poison/burn damages rlly hurt someone? There's no purpose to use it and we can see that, as exmple, in the TM Toxic, one of the most useless TM/Attack off all. I can see a big problem on the matter, and it is the duration and, maybe, the damage of those moves. To create a new way to attack on PAdventures battle, the burn and poison way to damage must be changed to acctually have an effect on battle. One of my ideas is to make the burn/poison permanent. Once your Pokémon gets Poisoned/Burn it only can be healed with specific potions (Full Heal maybe...?) or berries (In addition, this change will bring some use for the great Berry System), making it a differential on the battle (PvP or PvE).

The second change must be on the effect of each aliment status. Maybe creating especific additional effects for each one, for exemple (Just like Nintendo games), when you opponent's Pokémon gets burn, he loses 100 HP per second and his attacks gest reduced 10%/20% until the burn are healed. Note that this will make a huge difference on duel and even on hunting. Now, for the poison status, again, taking Nintendo games as example, maybe changing it to permanent time, dealing 100 of damage per second and each time it hits the opponent's Pokémon the poison get stronger, adding 50 or 100 more damage per hit (First hit = 100hp; second hit 150 hp/ third hit 200 hp...).

Observation: All values exposed here are just a suggestion, not how it must be.

1.1 The stun move/attack:

Another problem are the stuns moves. I acctually don't exactly mean what stun stand for, i think stun is every move that makes a Pokémon to miss an attack, so, i'm using this idea to propose this idea.

Firstly, we must separete every kind of stun to understand them better. So, we have those: 1- Paralyzed (Generally got from electric attacks); 2- Frozen (Obviously got from ice attacks); 3- Sleeping; 4- Confusion/Dizzy and 5- Accuracy loss/miss (Generally got from ground attacks). They all have the same purpose, stop the oponent's attack, but each one should operate differently to make a more strategic batte system to PAD.

Paralyzed Pokémon could have his movement speed divided in half (permanent effect until the stats been healed) and a 10%, 20%, or 25% chance of miss the attack every time the user tries to attack until the status has been removed.

Frozen and Sleeping would work almost same way, but a little bit stronger. The Pokémon could be tottaly "frozen"/motionless/imobbile, not being able to move or attack for a short period of time (2,3 or 5 seconds, i dont know), just like Spider Web's Ariados works.

Confusion would work a little bit like reflect's system. Every time the Pokémon with the confusion status tries to attack, it would has a chance (25% maybe) to miss the opponent and hit himself for a short period of time).

Accuracy loss/miss should, as the name says, make the user miss his attacks, for a short period of time (just like in PAD today).

That beeing writen, some changes on this system should allow a more competitive battle allowing to naturally bad and weak ofensive Pokémon to deal some real damage too.

2. Attacks/Moves categories/ranks by damage power:

The sprites of the current moves on tha game are really beautiful, i really love them, but what i have noticed is the unbalance between them. Attacks/Moves or TMs like Doom Desire are really powerfull and, in addition, are easy to aim and yet, makes the oponnent "stunned" 100% of the time. This is acctually the problem, the 100% stun chance. For that, i propose that we divide all moves in some categories (taking Nintendo as example) based on the fallowing equation: Powerfull damage attacks = BIG cost to use. Also, weak damage attacks = no costs at all and even some extra effects.

This way, for example, we would have two big categories: damage attacks and non-damage attacks.

2.1 Damage Attacks:

Starting from the premise/idea of Powerfull damage attacks are equal to a BIG cost to use, we should "subdivide" this category in three smaller categories.

Powerfull attacks: Those attacks should be the most stronger ones, they have really deal HUGE damage, just like doom desire does. However, on the other way, to a more balanced duel, they should have a solid/big cost to compensate for his strong damage. Some ideas of costs: HUGE cooldowns, difficulty aim (Maybe, no area moves for those kind of moves) or even self induction status (Self stun, self sleeping...).

Note that, even with this equation we could build a OP attack, for example, if you choose to make a really stong damage-area attack, it would be possible, but, to a real balance, it should have a big cost (auto sleep + big CD).

Avarage/normal attacks: Those attacks are the most common ones, they would have good or normal damage but, to compensate, an additonal effect, for example, chance of getting the oponnent poisoned/burn or sleeping. Note that the idea for this is move is a chance to get the oponnent stunned, not 100% of the time.

Those moves could still deal a good amount damage, not as high as powerfull attacks, but the costs for it should be weaker. Important to say that the additional effect for it sould be very low to activate, like 10-25% of the time max.

Weak attacks: Those attacks won't have a good dealling damage (oh, rlly? y,y), but, for that, they will have almost no costs (area damage and very low CDS) and a big chance of making the oponnent stunned. For example, a weak move should have 50% fo chance to make the opoonent sleeping, stunned, paralyzed plus a average CD or it should have a really low CD and a average chance of getting de opponent with a status.

2.2 Non-damage Attacks:

Those attacks will not do direct damage to the oponnent but his effects would be extremely good. Those moves will be the only move to have the 100% chance of sleeping/burn/poison the oponnent. The main goal here is to remove the immediate damage for some long time damage, removing the 10% or 20% chance to get an 100% or, even, heal itself (recover, rest) and boost the user attacks or defense.

Important to say that there will be a cost here too. Moves like REST that are really OP, should have a big cost (for example, random self-sleep from 5 to 8 seconds and a big CD). Also, as the status condition beeing permanent and stronger, they sould get some costs too, for example, thunder wave: This move could have the 100% paralyze chance (Now, the paralyze reduces the oponnet speed and makes him to have the 25% chance to miss the attack), no damage and a big cd to use it or even be a non-area attack.

The most impotant is to compensate, make we choose between a strong move or a strong effect, not both. Having both (strong + 100% additional effect and almost no costs) we eventually end up with really OP attacks/moves.

Last edited:
Back