cruch - m3 - level 50 - 15s
agua tail - m4 - level 50 - 10s
waterfall - m5 - level 50 - 35s <<< Brine - m5 - level 55- 30s
hydro cannon - m6 - level 52 - 20s
hyper beam - m7 - level 55 - 30s
tsunami - m8 - level 56 - 30s
hydropimp - m9 - level 65 - 45s <<< hydropump - m9 - level 65 - 55s
aeroblast - m10 - level 62 - 40s

for my opinion it would be a modification in your movement list..

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
Yeah, down with Hydropimp
U8g8Mer.jpg

But now taking it seriously, the "low" cooldown of Pump makes it enough with the other AoE it has. I dont see brine as necessary.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hello PAd Community!

Here I am again, bothering with my suggestions again :6::6::6:

I want to make a small suggestion on Gyarado's moves:

Changing Aqua Tail for Bubbles
Reducing Dragon Rage's cd to 15 sec

Reasons:

Duelling: Gyarados is a very popular pokemon and its dual-type Water/Flying make it even better. However, we don't see it on duels that often. People would very much rather choose Mantine, like we saw on the last Global Tournament.
Since like 1 and a half months ago I started duelling and I've noticed that pokemons with distance-moves are the most popular ones, since you can keep your distance from the opponent's pokemon. This is why I think Bubbles would make a small but good difference in Gyarados' moveset and it is kinda more related with Red Gyarados' Bubblebeam move.
Also, Dragon Rage is not a strong move. Gyarados deals 550~ hp per hit, when Kingdra deals 600 and Haxorus deals 580~ per hit with 15 sec cd.

What do you think guys? I feel this 2 small changes would make a big differente. I know all pokemons are not suppose to be good for duelling, but I believe these 2 changed won't affect Gyarados' PvE side.

Thanks! ^^

@Edit:
Edit on suggestions.

Also, Is it possible to reconsider move Waterfall?

thanks again!

Last edited:

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
Hello PAd Community!

Here I am again, bothering with my suggestions again :6::6::6:

I want to make a small suggestion on Gyarado's moves:

Changing Aqua Tail for Bubbles
Changing Hydro Cannon for Sky Drop and 15 sec. cd

Reasons:

Duelling: Gyarados is a very popular pokemon and its dual-type Water/Flying make it even better. However, we don't see it on duels that often. People would very much rather choose Mantine, like we saw on the last Global Tournament.
Since like 1 and a half months ago I started duelling and I've noticed that pokemons with distance-moves are the most popular ones, since you can keep your distance from the opponent's pokemon. This is why I think Bubbles would make a small but good difference in Gyarados' moveset and it is kinda more related with Red Gyarados' Bubblebeam move. Same situation with Sky Drop, it is a good, small AoE Flying-type distance-move. According to Bulbapedia, the only Flying-type move that Gyarados can learn is Hurricane, but Red Gyarados has that move, which I believe is cool to leave that strong move on Red Form. However we do need some Flying-type move on Normal Gyarados besides Aeroblast, which is a mixed move (Water, Ice, Flying). Noteworthy Gyarados cannot learn any strong Flying-type TMs. Why not Air Blast? (similar formula as Hydro Cannon) because Gyarados has Hyper Beam already, and I believe it puts Gyarados in a disadvantage to have 2 moves with this formula, because opponent can dodge it when moving his pokemon in diagonal.
Why replacing Hydro Cannon and not Waterfall, for instance?? Because according to Bulbapedia, Hydro Cannon is not learnt by Gyarados, nor is Sky Drop, so these 2 moves share that "uniqueness" of not being able to be learnt by Gyara.
c6wBV4f.png

Hunting: Even though Sky Drop is not Water-type move, it deals damage to a wider range than Hydro Cannon with 5 sec less cd.

What do you think guys? I feel this 2 small changes would make a big differente. I know all pokemons are not suppose to be good for duelling, but I believe these 2 changed won't affect Gyarados' PvE side.

Thanks! ^^

a good combo is using scary face and hydro cannon, so it hit twice..

perhaps replace aqua tail instead for some flying move (actually it learns more dragon, dark and ice moves than flying)

however I doubt that changing water moves for flying ones will make gyarados better, I believe in the opposite actually..

ps.: its learnset in bulbapedia is very interesting

NandoCruise

Reaction score
a good combo is using scary face and hydro cannon, so it hit twice..

perhaps replace aqua tail instead for some flying move (actually it learns more dragon, dark and ice moves than flying)

however I doubt that changing water moves for flying ones will make gyarados better, I believe in the opposite actually..

ps.: its learnset in bulbapedia is very interesting

You are right.

Let me edit that part.

Tsotss

Reaction score
Hello.

Just want to ask about one thing which is related with Mega Gyarados and normal version.

Some TMs of Mega one aren't compatible with normal version. Actually they are just dark-type TMs (imo is cus Mega changes its form from water/fly to water/dark). Is possible to add TMs: 27, 42, 49, 85, 151, 179, 193 to normal Gyarados since Mega form can learn them? Then everything would be alright, I mean TMs from normal form would be = to mega form.

Venu and Mega form & Scept and Mega form have the same TMs in both forms, checked while was looking on Mega Gyarados.

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello.

Just want to ask about one thing which is related with Mega Gyarados and normal version.

Some TMs of Mega one aren't compatible with normal version. Actually they are just dark-type TMs (imo is cus Mega changes its form from water/fly to water/dark). Is possible to add TMs: 27, 42, 49, 85, 151, 179, 193 to normal Gyarados since Mega form can learn them? Then everything would be alright, I mean TMs from normal form would be = to mega form.

Venu and Mega form & Scept and Mega form have the same TMs in both forms, checked while was looking on Mega Gyarados.

ye after restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back