What's new

Welcome!

[Complaint] Feedback: Server Move

karksiukas

Reaction score
Hello.

I've got bored of constant problems after the server move and decided to start a discussion.

First of all, I'd like to give my personal opinion and feedback.

I have no idea why the server move was performed if the host wasn't moved anywhere far (not atleast that I know of)
Then again, personally I haven't felt absolutely any changes in server(s) performance, in fact sometimes it's become even worse.

Second thing that I would like to point out is that it brought up a lot of unnecessary mess; connection system glitches (which took time to fix of course).
I would like to ask: why perform a server move without warning players before that at the very least?... I mean people might have had some plans in the game.. Some were ready to perform quests like Aga's Hell (on platinum), some used tickets because they knew they would be free at that time and would be able to play and use their advantages, etc.
Raissa mentioned that there was some kind of host split done. I don't know if that had to do solving some problems (including streaming, new <and some old> players being unable to connect and a few other things) but I'm grateful that it's been solved.

However, what I REALLY don't understand is Platinum server going down all the time. I understand that you (Staff) are always busy not only with the updates but with your real life but this seems totally careless and many people are quite annoyed by this. I'm being asked (as if I knew why...):
TNp3qnhZQoSbcxOGjNAK3w.png

DJ-R5R9QT8_G6ROPkehuSQ.png

m_MPsNOFTxKKsZpniXnHkQ.png

9bplDUvPQWiajStndVIFrg.png

And that's not even 25% people complaining directly to me

I believe that this not only influences the game quality but also has a negative aspect on the new players who don't understand what's going on and might end up just quitting the game not being able to play it properly.

With all due respect,
karksiukas

The judge

Reaction score
yep i finally get 3 days of from work ("which never freaking happens") and what do i get? a downed server for 90% of my time off what was going to be an enjoyable few days has turned into a hassle and annoyance :(

Invictus

Reaction score
Hi guys, we have decided to make important changes to Platinum, since now is an almost dead world, we have decided to turn it into something useful for us ...
On december 1 of this year, we will change Platinum into a "preview world", you may wonder what is this so I will give a short description:

- It will be used as a test server to check important updates before they get released to the live servers.
Platinum is still a test server and we're using it from time to time, though less often (that doesn't mean we're not doing anything, we just created clone server for some harder and longer tests)

Probably tests are being done since it's a test server and maybe for this reason it's going offline x hours per day...be patient guys :cool:

karksiukas

Reaction score
Probably tests are being done since it's a test server and maybe for this reason it's going offline x hours per day...be patient guys :cool:

That still does not justify all the other points I made
And of course, I myself can be patient but I started this discussion on account of other players:)

Selasor

Reaction score
You're not the only one who gets questions when something happens on a server
If you think that is annoying to you, do not respond to them

karksiukas

Reaction score
You're not the only one who gets questions when something happens on a server
If you think that is annoying to you, do not respond to them

That's exactly the point. I am absolutely not the only one. And that's exactly why I opened this thread; to give feedback about the server move and to discuss it with the Staff and other players, to see what they think about the server problems.
I mean, it's been happening everyday now and server has been going down for three straight days in a row

I would really like to see what would the rest of the community (who play on Diamond and Pearl) would do if Diamond and Pearl would undergo the exact same problems.
(There would probably be a huge shitstorm)

And I am not as much as annoyed myself as I want to point out that other players ARE.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi,
We are sorry for the inconvenience. In fact that platinum is going down has nothing to do with host being unstable or something like this. It could have happen to Diamond and Pearl as well, platinum was just less lucky.
Sometimes crash must happen more than 2 times to let us find the real reason of it, Jano just found it a while ago and is working to fix it out.

Selasor

Reaction score
That's exactly the point. I am absolutely not the only one. And that's exactly why I opened this thread; to give feedback about the server move and to discuss it with the Staff and other players, to see what they think about the server problems.
I mean, it's been happening everyday now and server has been going down for three straight days in a row

I would really like to see what would the rest of the community (who play on Diamond and Pearl) would do if Diamond and Pearl would undergo the exact same problems.
(There would probably be a huge shitstorm)

And I am not as much as annoyed myself as I want to point out that other players ARE.

Believe me I spent a lot of time in diamond and it was a server that closed a lot for a few hours a week

and we were always with that, just be patient

And between us we say, seriously platium is the test server and not diamond? :V

karksiukas

Reaction score
Believe me I spent a lot of time in diamond and it was a server that closed a lot for a few hours a week

and we were always with that, just be patient

I have played in Diamond myself so no need to tell me:)
I do agree that it has happened on Diamond quite many times too but staff would always give us to know what is happening or would warn before server moves most of the times. (In this case it seemed a bit too careless)
I've already said that I do have patience but I have created the thread to discuss what's going on and not because I can't wait.

And yes, I agree. Platinum has been made a test server but I would like to point out that as Raissa stated, it's been crashing not due to that reason:
In fact that platinum is going down has nothing to do with host being unstable or something like this. It could have happen to Diamond and Pearl as well, platinum was just less lucky.

In any case, the community of Platinum server has grown a lot since the day it's been announced as a "test server" and you have to understand that there are some regular players just like on Diamond and Pearl, infact Platinum has twice the population of Pearl at the moment:)
o3RH9O7nTsaDLWRj6pl_aA.png

That being said, I fully respect your opinion and have no intentions to start arguing over something that seems silly:)
Have a good day!

Hi,
We are sorry for the inconvenience. In fact that platinum is going down has nothing to do with host being unstable or something like this. It could have happen to Diamond and Pearl as well, platinum was just less lucky.
Sometimes crash must happen more than 2 times to let us find the real reason of it, Jano just found it a while ago and is working to fix it out.

I am very grateful for the information and thank you for keeping us updated!

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
In any case, the community of Platinum server has grown a lot since the day it's been announced as a "test server" and you have to understand that there are some regular players just like on Diamond and Pearl, infact Platinum has twice the population of Pearl at the moment:)
Ammm I don't know why do you mention a "test server" since we almost don't use platinum this way anymore. Crashes happened on platinum because you were unlucky, nothing else. It's been fixed though, shouldn't happen anymore.

What you - players should understand, that we can't predict a crash, so we cannot warn any of you.

karksiukas

Reaction score
Ammm I don't know why do you mention a "test server" since we almost don't use platinum this way anymore.

That was the answer to Invictus and Selasor who mention Platinum being a "test" server:)

What you - players should understand, that we can't predict a crash, so we cannot warn any of you.
And as for warning, I meant to say that you could have warned us (players) about the server move at least few days before that (and not about the crashes), even though it would have been better if you announced that "after the move there could be some server problems/servers could crash", etc. (it was already quite obvious that there are some problems right after the server move).

Still, I am grateful for the information and thank you again!

Nymeria

Reaction score

platinum its not just a test server anymore. we have a test server . platinum is an important server just like diamond and pearl. :)

Eudinho

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
platinum its not just a test server anymore. we have a test server . platinum is an important server just like diamond and pearl. :)

Ps: We always had this test server and as Raissa already say we dont use platinum for this way anymore, but just a complement, when platinum was created , the staff was clear, all changes will applied first in platinum and after anothers servers.
Platinum is the first server to get changes, so needs restart when necessary, and ofc platinum is an important server like diamond and pearl, but with some privileges like more exp and catch.

Last edited:
Back