What's new

Welcome!

Catch % system

Ludacha

Reaction score
Well i jsut want know the true,event if its stupid one

Is it working and how, if not ,remove it to not confuse us and when i check amount of ball on some poke,to not have that long range sentence,just numbers without %

medz

Banned user
Reaction score
I always believed it worked until today. Was talking to Silver and finally decided to make the math.

First of all i'll put conditions in which i made theses calculations:
- Only extra chance considered (regular rate * ball multiplier factor ignored)
- 1st event is "throw the 2501st UB"
- Ignore all chances from extra chance before reaching full extra chance (balls 1-2499)

If you already threw 2500 UB that means you have 0,5% extra chance. 0,5% = 0,005
So chances of NOT CATCHING is 0,995 (once again, disconsider all other chances and previous events)

Lets say my experiment will be throwing 1k UB (i'll have 3.5k UB at the end)

Chances of NOT CATCHING a poke after these 1k would be

0,995^1000 (in other words, the event NOT CATCHING would have to happen 1000 times in a row, and this is it probability of happening)

that gives us 0,00665~, or 0,66%, or once every 150 times. Im pretty sure it (throwing 3500 UB in a poke and not catching it) happens more than once every 150 times (again, this frequency should be even smaller if we consider first 2500 balls and regular chances)

medz

Banned user
Reaction score
17:22 Used 7 great balls, 3500 ultra balls on Frost Rotom.

woohoo

New Dawn

Banned user
Reaction score
Would be nice if pokemons spawned on random levels. ex: pikachu [25], pikachu [55]. With this, low level is easy to catch, high level hard to catch.

Also, wild pokemons could level on their own, with time, and have a % of chance to evolve. ex: Wild Weep [30] spawns. After 8h alive Wild Weepimbell reached level 50, Wild Weepimbel now has a % increasing chance to evolve into Victreebell at each X minutes.

:D

Receptor

Reaction score
Would be nice if pokemons spawned on random levels. ex: pikachu [25], pikachu [55]. With this, low level is easy to catch, high level hard to catch.

Also, wild pokemons could level on their own, with time, and have a % of chance to evolve. ex: Wild Weep [30] spawns. After 8h alive Wild Weepimbell reached level 50, Wild Weepimbel now has a % increasing chance to evolve into Victreebell at each X minutes.

Dafaq >?

huberto

Reaction score
Pokemon's catch rate is not 0.001 - 0.1%. Just informing so people don't spread this false info.

Actually 0.1% would be pretty accurate. I did a little calculation of Victreebel catch rate, checking Selasor LT and his catching.

Found 57 screenshots:
Lowest amount of balls: 18 GB
Highest amount of balls: 9739 GB
Average of balls used to catch: 1185 GB
Average catch rate: 0,308% - with x2 multiplier provided by GB
Average catch rate: 0,154%

Bonus from balls used is completely ignored, obviously if bonus realy works the rate would be much lower than this. I know 57 is not a reliable source, I should calculate it for catch repeated at least 100 times, but it gives us some view of catch rate numbers. This is just Victreebel, which is not realy hard to catch (in my eyes), catch of other, rarer pokemons is probably below 0.1%.

Sheeper

Reaction score
what did you not understand?

This

One of the worst ideas I've ever seen. First of all, it would make some rarely used, low level spawns turn into spawn with higher, stronger forms and new players might not have a way to kill them.
Secondly, players who don't really know the map might get confused if they flew around some area with victreebells, and when they come there later, just a weepinbells spawn appears.
Beside mentioned disadventages, it wouldn't offer a single adventage, am I wrong?

Tell me any adventages of such system.

PS it's a thread about bonus % catch system, not a spawn... complication.

The Viper

Reaction score
This thread already has 4 pages and the simple question still hasnt been answered. Just tell us, does it work? Yes or No. We will have to accept it anyway.

karksiukas

Reaction score
I don't quite understand what people are complaining about.. Low catch rates - bad. Bonus catch rates are added - bad again. So decide: what do you want?
Economies already crumbled quite hell lot since the release of bonus catch rate.

huberto

Reaction score
If we tell you yes - you'll be mad, because you're still unlucky, so for you it doesn't work.
If we tell you no - you'll be mad aswell.

So, what's the difference? :D

If answer is yes - well, I think you should check if it isn't bugged, or if bonus numbers aren't lower than 0.5% and 0.25% - there are 2 reasons for it:
- chance for people to not catch a pokemon in 15, 20, 25k (it rarely happens but still) with maximum of 0.5% bonus are insanely low
- it is hard to believe that bonus can be 4-5 times higher than base catch rate (for hardest catchable pokemons)

If answer is no - then remove these useless numbers as wesker is asking for. No point to keep it just for a source of spam and confusing information.

And the main reason I think, we will finally know the truth and we will have to accept it, no more doubts and no more threads like this.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
If answer is yes - well, I think you should check if it isn't bugged, or if bonus numbers aren't lower than 0.5% and 0.25% - there are 2 reasons for it:
- chance for people to not catch a pokemon in 15, 20, 25k (it rarely happens but still) with maximum of 0.5% bonus are insanely low
- it is hard to believe that bonus can be 4-5 times higher than base catch rate (for hardest catchable pokemons)
That again goes to my first question - If i say yes, you (players) will be mad, cus you still unlucky [...] :D

huberto

Reaction score
That again goes to my first question - If i say yes, you (players) will be mad, cus you still unlucky [...] :D

Well, if it realy works I can show you my point of view.

5123c916b1e4acabbc844caace2e61af.jpg

I will try to believe it works, and not be mad : )

Back