What's new

Welcome!

Castform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleks

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I want to give some thoughts about Castform. This is all PvP, nothing related to PvE (It looks pretty good with 5 AoE moves... Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Hail, Water Pulse and Climatic Squall)

First, my thoughts about current Castform:
The current Castform moveset is not good for PvP, it has 3 moves not dealing any damage (Meteoromorph, Thermoregulate and Sunny Day), and also not learning any TMs to compensate this.
Also the cooldowns on the moves are high, it only has 2 moves with short cooldowns (Powder Snow 10s and Weather Ball 15s), which leaves it without moves pretty fast considering it has 3 non damage moves.
I dont see the benefits from the move Meteoromorph in PvP, and neither for PvE since normally you just let the pokemon die, revive and spam spells again...

Now some ideas:
- Sunny Day moved to passive and replaced in moveset by a target fire move (Fire Pledge 20s, Burn Up 15s, Fire Bolt 15s). Sunny day will only be casted after using this fire move. I think this was done for Alolan Ninetales.
- Adding TMs to its learnset, it would only accept normal type TMs such as Sleep Talk, Boomburst, Chip Away, or maybe multiple types Tms like Tri Attack.
- If its decided not to add TMs, replace Meteoromorph with some damage spell or even protection/heal. Or add a 11th move.

Feel free to post your thoughts :D

Thanks,
Alex

Lord Sqnik

Gamemasters
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with this:
Hello everyone,

I want to give some thoughts about Castform. This is all PvP, nothing related to PvE (It looks pretty good with 5 AoE moves... Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Hail, Water Pulse and Climatic Squall)

First, my thoughts about current Castform:
The current Castform moveset is not good for PvP, it has 3 moves not dealing any damage (Meteoromorph, Thermoregulate and Sunny Day), and also not learning any TMs to compensate this.
Also the cooldowns on the moves are high, it only has 2 moves with short cooldowns (Powder Snow 10s and Weather Ball 15s), which leaves it without moves pretty fast considering it has 3 non damage moves.
I dont see the benefits from the move Meteoromorph in PvP, and neither for PvE since normally you just let the pokemon die, revive and spam spells again...

Now some ideas:
- Sunny Day moved to passive and replaced in moveset by a target fire move (Fire Pledge 20s, Burn Up 15s, Fire Bolt 15s). Sunny day will only be casted after using this fire move. I think this was done for Alolan Ninetales.

but disagree with this:
- Adding TMs to its learnset, it would only accept normal type TMs such as Sleep Talk, Boomburst, Chip Away, or maybe multiple types Tms like Tri Attack.
- If its decided not to add TMs, replace Meteoromorph with some damage spell or even protection/heal. Or add a 11th move.

Feel free to post your thoughts :D

Thanks,
Alex

Meteoromorph, Thermoregulate is useless now because when your pokemon rip or you hide him then your castform lost transform in snowy / sunny / rainy form and back to normal form, better give in this place other target skill.

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
Meteoromorph, Thermoregulate is useless now because when your pokemon rip or you hide him then your castform lost transform in snowy / sunny / rainy form and back to normal form, better give in this place other target skill.

Thermoregulate allows you to block type changing for 20 minutes and you can revert it back by using it again so it is helpful.

Aleks

Reaction score
Thermoregulate allows you to block type changing for 20 minutes and you can revert it back by using it again so it is helpful.

Agreed, thermoregulate is pretty useful for pvp so it needs to stay. Meteoromorph is the one that is not needed to have, imo.

Lord Sqnik

Gamemasters
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed, thermoregulate is pretty useful for pvp so it needs to stay. Meteoromorph is the one that is not needed to have, imo.

so my idea Meteoromorph change for target skill :22: and thx Sting for info :3

Ashtib

Reaction score
so my idea Meteoromorph change for target skill :22: and thx Sting for info :3

and increase his hp, if dont gonna give heal/protection ^^, because no tms + long cds + low hp... really hard to make him good in pvp, because obviously in PVE is so strong.

Lord Sqnik

Gamemasters
Staff member
Reaction score
and increase his hp, if dont gonna give heal/protection ^^, because no tms + long cds + low hp... really hard to make him good in pvp, because obviously in PVE is so strong.

66 lvl have 17 600 hp so 130 lvl have 23k +/- and u want increase hp?

Ashtib

Reaction score
66 lvl have 17 600 hp so 130 lvl have 23k +/- and u want increase hp?

the last time i checked at 130 has 15k hp xD was already fixed? :X i dont checked anymore, too much work in rl XD

crydoku

Pacific Ocean was made out of my tears
Reaction score
Castform is already good enough it even looks kinda Op, why you guys want it more op? want a second smeargle?

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Castform is already good enough it even looks kinda Op, why you guys want it more op? want a second smeargle?

Do you have one? If you do have one, then you must know that Meteoromorph, as people have stated in here, has basically NO use in neither PvP nor PvE.

If you don't have one, then that's why you don't understand the frustration to wait LONG cooldowns and have 3 attacks (out of only 10) that cause NO DAMAGE at all.

Castform is good, however I also believe this Meteoromorph move should be changed and some TM learnset should be added as well.

crydoku

Reaction score
Hello? I always have every Brand-new pokemon that this game realese, of course that i have one and im saying it is good enough, not every pokemon should be op only because its new in game, at the end of the season will finish nerfed like almost new season pokemons or event pokemon they put in game, its a good way to call the atention however this time they did not copy the same trend.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello? I always have every Brand-new pokemon that this game realese, of course that i have one and im saying it is good enough, not every pokemon should be op only because its new in game, at the end of the season will finish nerfed like almost new season pokemons or event pokemon they put in game, its a good way to call the atention however this time they did not copy the same trend.
Sure. You don't have one in any character, including these, that you have access to.
KCGg6Tm.png

Aleks

Reaction score

Please don't come with lies to this post and writing unnecessary comments just because you hate me. I am trying to get serious opinions from players to get a better balance for this pokemon.

I invite you to get one first, and then give your opinion. Thanks.

Lord Sqnik

Gamemasters
Staff member
Reaction score

You really think if change Meteoromorph to some other skill for example. Thunder Bolt, Ember, Water Gun, Fire Blast etc. It will be OP?

Maybe you don't know dear Crydoku but Climatic Squall get nerf on dmg ^.-

crydoku

Reaction score
Sure. You don't have one in any character, including these, that you have access to.
KCGg6Tm.png

You are not that Young for this persecution, you can even activate chat history tool on my character to try get into my characters and accounts, you think im just playing ridoku all the time? it was not necessary to try to reveal my personal game information like you're doing, seems you have the time of the world that you are full of joy showing personal info to Friends also why dont you start Reading your inbox and peoples request instead of losing this way your time. You have too many work

F A K E

Last edited:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
You are not that Young for this persecution, you can even activate chat history tool on my character to try get into my characters and accounts, you think im just playing ridoku all the time? it was not necessary to try to reveal my personal game information like you're doing, seems you have the time of the world. why dont you start Reading your inbox and peoples request instead of losing this way your time. You have too many work
Do you think I haven't checked every single character you have logged in during this month? I have to disappoint you - I did :D I just don't get why are you lying here.

crydoku

Reaction score
Do you think I haven't checked every single character you have logged in during this month? I have to disappoint you - I did :D I just don't get why are you lying here.

Applause for you Raissa, you have unlocked a new achievement :D harassing People is not that new from you.

*By the way. im not always using the same Ip address/mac address, you still dont know many of my information, so please dont try to look Smart using PA owners tools, its better for you to use it for work instead of jokes.

Aleks

Reaction score
Someone please remove the posts from this joker to keep this suggestion thread serious.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Someone please remove the posts from this joker to keep this suggestion thread serious.

(Ignore haters. That's what hurt them most.)
What Joker? This thread is super serious.

So, as we were saying, please re-balance team... hopefully you will take our suggestions into consideration!

Thanks! ^.-

Tsotss

Reaction score
Bump it!

Please, consider something in Castform case.
Something about transform.
1) When we transform in Water form it has 3 DMG spells - Rain Dance/Water Pulse/Weather Ball
2) When we tranform in Ice form it has 3 DMG spells - Hail/Powder Snow/Weather Ball
3) When we tranfsorm in Fire form it has 1DMG spells - Weather Ball.

Sunny Day just change its form. Nothing special comparing to changing form by Hail or Rain Dance. Therefore my suggestion it to change Meteoromorph (but prefer to leave it, it can be helpful in duel) for any fire move to make usefull Sunny Day or leave Meteoromorph and add any 1 fire move with the same reason.
Also it can't learn any TMs so IMO won't be too much strong with 1 move more. Maybe Burn Up/Fire Pledge/Fire Bolt or something other. But it can confuse with 11th move, if user has set hotkeys from f1 (m1) to f10 (m10) and f11/f12 (tms1/2).

If isn't possible adding 11th move, maybe change Sandstorm for any AoE fire move. As we know Sandstorm doesn't change its type. Its dealing DMG. Won't say its useless, becouse isn't. But if Castform has Sunny Day in moveset and it change its form, better to have any fire move in moveset than non-transform move. If you would accept it, I'd to suggest replace Sandstorm for Flame Blitz/Mystical Fire/Lava Drop/Eruption or move for your own.

Or it: (then leave all moveset, just move Sunny Day to passive and replace Sunny Day for any fire move like below Aleks suggested)
Alex

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back