What's new

Welcome!

Carnivine

Status
Not open for further replies.

stin stauer

Reaction score
Could you guys take a look at Carnivine? this is also a very nice pokemon, which is hard to catch and kinda rare in game, since i dont see many players using it, and maybe the reason is because his moves are old/ weak/ not interesting at all. So I'm suggesting some new moves based on bulbapedia:

passive: Grass knot
m1 vine whip
m2 crunch
m3 sweet scent
m4 rage powder
m5 pain split
m6 nature power
m7 razor leaf
m8 swallow
m9 leaf tornado
m10 power whip

passive: Grass knot
m1 smart strike good move on pvp and pve
m2 crunch
m3 sweet scent -
m4 energy ball - or maybe add here some different type move (not grass or normal)
m5 Feint or Block or disable - here can be changed as well, i just put this because the original was a normal weak move, so to boost i changed it.
m6 Nature power
m7 Magical leaf
m8 swallow
m9 Bullet Seed or Forest curse forest curse is a move which carnivine can perfomance best than any other poke, like treevnant
m10 power whip

new suggestion from caxoxd:
increase his life since it has only 20k life. Arguments are on his comment.

New suggestion from the comments below:
- Removed grass pledge and added Smart strike, good to exp since it is metal and kills rock pokes, and also because it's good for duel, bringing carnivine close to the enemy.

- Forest Curse has been kept since it is a move which Carnivine can perfomance with his tentacles/roots/ arms (idk).

Last edited:

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
I think rage powder is good for him because this move gives it more variety.
Also I would like to suggest more hp to it, now it has 20k and you can see Torterra with 20.5k hp + reflect, also Mawile with 20k hp but has only one weakness.
So would be fine if its hp increased at least to 23k hp.

stin stauer

Reaction score
I think rage powder is good for him because this move gives it more variety.
Also I would like to suggest more hp to it, now it has 20k and you can see Torterra with 20.5k hp + reflect, also Mawile with 20k hp but has only one weakness.
So would be fine if its hp increased at least to 23k hp.

I agree with you about his life, it really is low.
About rage powder, it can be kept, I just don't see how it can help carnivine on pvp or pve, so if it should have more variety, then another move should be used, not normal or grass type since it already has it

Last edited:

Grayfoox

Reaction score
giphy.webp

demzpacito

Reaction score
i hardly believe a suggestion with 2 (or even 3) stuns + op pvp atk such as feint or block will pass

Tsotss

Reaction score
Also you suggest 3x stuns (Grass pledge, sweet scent, forest curse) whats gonna be rejected. Don't say it doesn't need change cus simply didn't use it, just 3x stuns won't be possoble.

demzpacito

Reaction score
Also you suggest 3x stuns (Grass pledge, sweet scent, forest curse) whats gonna be rejected. Don't say it doesn't need change cus simply didn't use it, just 3x stuns won't be possoble.

im not sure if you adressed this to me but i never said it doesnt need an improvement, i just said current suggestion will be rejected. i do have one carnivine with petal/frenzy and i could use some improvement of course

Tsotss

Reaction score
im not sure if you adressed this to me but i never said it doesnt need an improvement, i just said current suggestion will be rejected. i do have one carnivine with petal/frenzy and i could use some improvement of course
No, no. It wasn't to you. I mean I wrote about suggestion which include 3 stuns on Stin's post. I talked about myself that I didnt use it so I won't say if it needs change or no. My post was generally about stuns.

stin stauer

Reaction score
@demzpacito and @lewuseq, thanks for your feedback, It's good to receive another point of view, but my post is a suggestion and the rebalancer doesn't need and won't take all my suggestions into consideration.

All my suggestion are based on PA and bulbapedia:
Grass pledge I suggested cuz it's a pursuit move, but we could change it for a move without stun, like frustation or smart strike.
Forest curse seems a move which carnivine is very capable of using it and its string too.

it doesnt mean I dont agree with you, so i will edit the main post.

Last edited:

NandoCruise

Reaction score
I honestly disagree with increasing the hp to 23k like suggested.

Don't get me wrong, but Swallow recovers from 25% to 100% of hp. Even though this move heals 25% most of the time, that would be 25k HP.

23k HP would be MINIMUM of 28.75k but, as I mentioned, the move could also heal 50% or 100%.

However, I didn't know Torterra has 20.5k. Maybe because of Carnivine's rarity, it could have 21k but more than that I think could be too op.

Another option would be changing Swallow for either Moonlight, Morning Sun or Recover, but I kinda like that Swallow is more in synchronisation with Carnivine's learnset from Bulbapedia.

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
I honestly disagree with increasing the hp to 23k like suggested.

Don't get me wrong, but Swallow recovers from 25% to 100% of hp. Even though this move heals 25% most of the time, that would be 25k HP.

23k HP would be MINIMUM of 28.75k but, as I mentioned, the move could also heal 50% or 100%.

However, I didn't know Torterra has 20.5k. Maybe because of Carnivine's rarity, it could have 21k but more than that I think could be too op.

Another option would be changing Swallow for either Moonlight, Morning Sun or Recover, but I kinda like that Swallow is more in synchronisation with Carnivine's learnset from Bulbapedia.

Seriously 21k of hp would be too low,I think I can use the move rest as an example here, Snorlax has 15.5k and can learn reflect , then Furret and exploud have 20k(4.5k more hp) because they cant learn reflect, In my opinion it is too much hp increase because you can use focus band in them and you will heal 100% but anyway they were rebalanced like that.

For this reason I suggested 23k of hp because pokes should have the same conditions and swallow doesnt always heal the poke with 100%, so it wouldnt be weird

The others heals also would be fine as you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back