What's new

Welcome!

Braixen

karksiukas

Reaction score
I would like to suggest several changes for Braixen as it's probably the most horrible second evolution starter to use.

Current moveset:

m1 - shadow ball - 40 - 10s
m2 - future sight - 40 - 15s
m3 - sleep talk - 40 - 30s
m4 - role play - 40 - 15s
m5 - fire blast - 40 - 20s
m6 - trick room - 45 - 30s
Passive - flamethrower

Notice how there is absolutely no improvement curve? Relatively easy to level up to 50, becomes hell afterwards.

My suggestion:

m1 - ember - 40 - 12s
| I see no valid reason for it to keep shadow ball after evolution. Delphox has ember, I don't see why Braixen shouldn't have it.
Shadow ball could be moved to TM learnset instead and added to Delphox's learnset.
m2 - future sight - 40 - 15s
m3 - sleep talk - 45 - 25/30 | This adds a nice learning curve and if the cooldown gets reduced, it will be a great improvement as it really needs the stun to be properly used
m4 - role play - 42 - 15s | Once again, to improve learning curve so it gets stronger over time
m5 - fire blast - 45 - 20s | Reason mentioned above
m6 - trick room - 55 - 30s | Once again... Learning curve
Not sure which fits Braixen the best but possible suggestions:
m7 - incinerate - 45 - 40s
m7 - flame burst - 45 - 25s
m7 - psychic - 45 - 20s

It really needs one extra move to be viable option among other starter Pokemon because right now it's just too weak and no other fire type starter has less than 7 moves.
Passive - flamethrower

I usually don't rare candy my Pokemon but this was one of the rare cases where I did use rare candies for the last few levels because it just became unbearable.
Hope this will be taken into consideration.

huberto

Reaction score
Charmeleon or Monferno are way more exhausting to level up. Braixen become pretty easy to lvl up once you put Psychic in it and go mansion haunter spawn (shadow ball is usefull there). But yeah, 7th move would be welcome

Lord Sqnik

Gamemasters
Staff member
Reaction score
You tried exp him on haunters/gengars? I exp him on haunters to 65 lvl +/- and then i go on gengers. Ofc with tm psychic on double exp event. Anyway easy to exp if you know where and how exp \o

karksiukas

Reaction score
Oh, I was only using grass/poison resps for testing [I did POI for exping but just because i wanted to do it fast] since it's a fire type ¯\_(>_<)_/¯

I agree with Monferno but Charmeleon seemed really easier to level in the same resps in comparison to Braixen. Maybe because I had lava plume on it.

So all things considered, I think it wouldn't hurt to add TM008 to Braixen's learnset.

Last edited:

mmarvim

Reaction score
This kiddos cry for everything nowadays... Ooh if they know how was "in my time"...

karksiukas

Reaction score
Not exactly sure what your remark should have supposed to mean but Braixen is a relatively new Pokemon in the game and I see no problem with wanting to see it balanced as well as any underpowered Pokemon in game

Back