What's new

Welcome!

Beta Loot Rage

Khyoushirou

Reaction score
Forewords: This might seem a bit as a rage post, but read the end and you'll see how it all fits into the economy talk.

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

Hello, I'll just put this here for the staff to review:

Concerning the game economy I have noticed a few things.
Lets break this up into 3 parts:
-Loot
*Bulbasaurs
*Charmanders
*Squirtles
*Higher Pokemon (Venusaurs etc)
*Stone Rates
-Shop Prices
*Overpriced Items
*Underpriced Items
-Player Prices
*Calculating an Items worth.
*Quest Rewards

Part 1: Loot

*Bulbasaurs
The loot rates can be a bit fucked up from times to times, items such as bulbs which have no real value now are dropped
more rarley then leaves who have twice their value - And seeing the ammount of experience bulbasaurs give I count their loot
to be undervalued, giving less profit then experience.

*Charmanders
Dragon Nails - As I reported before they were 42220 cents/nail, which was fixed. After this they were nerfed down to 4220 cents/nail.
This is great for profit and maybe even a bit much considering they also drop fire potions, and with the experience charmanders give the profit
is all that makes you hunt them, making fire pokemons have an advantage and crowding bulbasaurs because of the experience rate.

*Squirtles
They give no profit, whatsoever. Compared to the other two these are the most useless to go on ever, bad experience, bad loot. Just buff it up.
I even leveled my Ivysaur at abras rather then squirtles.

*Higher Pokemon & Stone rates

Most higher pokemon need some kind of loot that make them more worth it then the low level pokemon, except for the stones. I mean, less profit at venusaurs
then bulbasaurs or charmanders? Aww. More specifically: Charizards drop fire stones to often, venusaurs seem to never drop them. And I've seen nobody with a waterstone yet while
everyone are selling fire stones for as little as 20 hundred poke dollars.

Part 2: Shop Prices

*Underpriced Items
Bulbs need to be fixed, seeing as on 100 venusaurs I get 6 bulbs, 6*200 = 1200. 12 dollar? Really?
Seeds - They're not even worth picking up.
Fire Essences - Same as seeds.

*Overpriced Items
Dragon Nails - Needs a nerf, charmanders give way to much profit, especially with everyone being able to fish out a water poke at will.

Part 3: Player Prices
*Calculating an items worth & Quest Rewards

Basically, to easy accessible quests give to much money considering the loot rate of other items, 50 hundred dollars for beating a rocket guy? Come on! 30 hundred dollars
for reusable 100 leaves?! This ruins the economy badly, atleast make the npc remove the leaves.

To trading: Due to quests and fucked up lootrate at eg charmanders, fire pokemon are hunted alot more and so on, so basically now there's a bunch of firestones and all, but no leaf or water stones.
While everyone is hunting bulbasaurs to level their fire pokemon, no leaf stones will be gotten.

Afterwords: The economy still needs finepushing, especially shop prices. I reccomend searching into pokemon levels and loot, then adjust according to the levels. Not like it is right now:
Charmanders and Seals, uber profit! Bulbasaurs and squirtles.. meh. And look over the quest rewards, to high rewards for to easy quests. We rather have harder and more quests then like it is right now.
What is needed is a specific list of mispriced and rated items. So lets start one.

Overpriced / To easy to loot:
Dragon Nails (Should be lowered to 3000)

Underpriced / to hard to loot:
Bulbs (Should be higher, 1200?)
Seeds (x2)
Fire Essence (x2)

Jolt Nick

Reaction score
Look behind your computer...not that one -.-
you know its OPEN.BETA, RIGHT???? in this beta, EVERYTHING is easier just so we can "lvl up faster and find more bugs", ok??? damn it, this isnt official release, EVERYONE thinks that! well, it IS NOT! everything will be back to normal rates aT official release damn it!

Khyoushirou

Reaction score
Jolt Nick said:
you know its OPEN.BETA, RIGHT???? in this beta, EVERYTHING is easier just so we can "lvl up faster and find more bugs", ok??? damn it, this isnt official release, EVERYONE thinks that! well, it IS NOT! everything will be back to normal rates aT official release damn it!

Are you retarded or did you just forget to use your brain?

How are they supposed to know what rates to use for the real release unless someone tests it?

Look up what beta means you dumbass. A beta isnt just so we can play before the official release, a beta exists to find any remaining bugs and try out rates with more players the a closed test can.

Seriously, check up your facts before you try to look smart or flame, otherwise you'll just look retarded.

Edit: Basically I've done just what the beta is here for, unlike you. Even if the rates will be lower on the real server, they still vary in diffrence to eachother. Its basic.

Gothead

Reaction score
I do not agree with the quests, they are giving money enough, you won't get the level so quickly on the official release, these pokemons won't be that easy. All in all the money you get are easily wasted (refering to my experience). :D
+ You can make some hard quests that are requiring some items or sth for the stones, wouldn't depend on the luck that much then. :p

Milcho

Reaction score
100% AGREE

or we can make highter chance to drop leaves, etc i am hunting veepenbells about 30 min and i get 6 leaves?...

1USD

Reaction score
I agree in some parts:

Water Gems too.

Underpriced / to hard to loot:
Seeds (x2)
Fire Essence (x2)

Agree 101%

Disagree, when you hunt on charizard slot you take ~15/20 dragon nails per h, its not too many to fix it

And look over the quest rewards, to high rewards for to easy quests.

Agree, easy quest and good prizes - its crazy ^^"

Charizards drop fire stones to often, venusaurs seem to never drop them.

Agree and disagree:

Charizards drop fire stones to often - Yes, it's to bad when you must sell your fire stone for 30hds...
Venusaurs seem to never droop them - No!No!No! Like I see on my example: In my guild many ppls are lvling on venusaurs etc, every day i see 3 or 4 times on guild chat :

Loot from a Venusaur: a leaf stone

Some things must be fixet IMO.

Jorden

Reaction score
1USD said:
I agree in some parts:

Water Gems too.

[quote:ns4ix5lh]Underpriced / to hard to loot:
Seeds (x2)
Fire Essence (x2)

Agree 101%

Disagree, when you hunt on charizard slot you take ~15/20 dragon nails per h, its not too many to fix it

And look over the quest rewards, to high rewards for to easy quests.

Agree, easy quest and good prizes - its crazy ^^"

Charizards drop fire stones to often, venusaurs seem to never drop them.

Agree and disagree:

Charizards drop fire stones to often - Yes, it's to bad when you must sell your fire stone for 30hds...
Venusaurs seem to never droop them - No!No!No! Like I see on my example: In my guild many ppls are lvling on venusaurs etc, every day i see 3 or 4 times on guild chat :

Loot from a Venusaur: a leaf stone

Some things must be fixet IMO.[/quote:ns4ix5lh]

Agree 101% With almost everything u said and the maker of the topic..i sorry if forgot ur big name..anyWHO!
The Thing with Dragon nails yea they were 42200 someting like that alba changed price to 4220 becuse of loot bug of charmender. now ill explain loot bug for charmender = charmender drops almost all kill dragon nail or pot when it shouldnt...but now they fixed it and charmender drops only NAILS!@ NOT DRAGON NAILS...but price still 4220...so i did like 5-6 topics no admin answer XD
the point is..the price should return to what it was since the loot bug fixed!
and VENUSAUR dont drop much leaf stone trust me i was there since 15 charmender till 80 charizard and no leaf stone..and fire stone dropped from my 2nd charizard..pff?
and prices of revives is too crazy same as ultra balls almost impoissable to buy at even a high level..pff so i get like 100 ub when what i be level 150+? xD!

xegearz

Reaction score
I think they most re-design the money gathering process, make it more unique and less POish...

Khyoushirou

Reaction score
Having quit the beta at 105~ already I thought of one final suggestion to boost up the economy for the real server:
NPC Battles, which you obviously can battle as much as you want, although you will only get cash the first time you beat them. There should be such npcs at all kinds of levels, eg, 20, 35, 50~ up to 100.

Back