What's new

Welcome!

Aprimored Magikarp Quest.

Reaction score
Aprimorated Magikarp Quest.

A few days ago I was thinking something about it, which made me quite instigated and excited about the possibility of that happening.

Magikarp, a pokemon that has been involved in several unusual situations, mainly in the region of Kanto. From humiliating situations, even dazzling one with its sudden evolution.

We also know that just as in any other situations it has a fundamental function which is to be useful in basically nothing (and this is important, I think). But this time, I would like to suggest something uninvited, something that has never been seen, at least as far as I know, not in the anime, not even in games developed by Nintendo.

I took the audacity to call this idea of "Aprimorated Magikarp Quest". That would correlate a series of processes to achieve this aprimorated pokemon.

THE QUEST

#1 Basically it begins in a laboratory with the NPC Karper (suggestive name), who studies deeply the whole life of margikarps. And he deeply believes that this pokemon can offer much more than a simple sequence of "karp karp" whispers and "splashes" attacks. Then he asks if you can help him during this long and in-depth study.

#2 At the beginning, it is necessary that you have registered in your pokedex the information of a magikarp, have caught it, and have it into your pkm team to begin the studies.

#3 As a sequel to this in-depth study, he will ask you to go get more information about this pokemon. He will ask you to go and talk to NPC Garaya (suggestive name), who will give you more information about it.

#4 Getting there, through a conversation, she will tell you that really magikarp is much more than we can think of. And the proof of this is her brother NPC Gyraiam (suggestive name) was able, through much study and training to improve his simple and fragile magikarp. What through suspicion became even more powerful than its evolution (gyarados). After that, we returned to NPC Karper and reported this information.

#5 Karper immediately asks us to go talk to Gyariam and get even more information about it. Arriving there, Gyraiam, promises to help us with this study, but he assigns us some missions to be made.

THE MISSIONS

#1 We should prove our loyalty, interest, and love for the magikarp, while it is still a fragile pkm, so we should leveling it up to level 110 (maybe a rebalancing improvement would be welcome ?! [addin' a water pulse or water gun would be pretty good 'cause it should not be easy to level up, really). Magikarp added to day care and rare candies being used would be strictly prohibited.

# 2 After this, he asks you to go and defeat a certain number of magikarps (a thought in a high number like 2 or even 3k of defeated karps). Althouth, you can not do this part of the mission by killing karps by fishing. The idea was that there would be random or fixed spawning of karps around the map (more specifically in the Kanto region), with a cooldown of 3 to 4 minutes perhaps by spawning, with a number of 10, 15 or perhaps more ?! per minute?!

#3 After we have completed the previous mission, Gyraiam, asks us to take him some items like Magikarp's fin, magikarp's tail, some water gems and a special item, a tail of a golden magikarp. This golden magikarp would appear randomly during those spawnings.

Then something like:

100 Magikarp's fin
200 magikarp's tail
5000 water gems
1 Golden's magikarp tail.

after we have completed the previous mission and delivered all necessary items. Gyraiam, invites us to a duel, before we leave and take the information to Karper. During the battle, Gyraiam could realease the following pkms:

Gyarados [100]
Red Gyarados [100]
Aprimorated Magikarp [130]

#5 After having defeated him, he asks us to go back to Karper and take all the necessary information he needs to finish his studies. Coming to karper, we report the mission and finally he finishes his research and discovers how to aprimorate the magikarps. Once this is done, he will give us a certain item (reward) (device / stone) that we can finally aprimorate our magikarps.

THE REWARD

Aprimorated karp device (suggestive name).
An animated magikarp figurine/statue.
Some exp points
TM000 Splash / 200 HD

APRIMORATED KARP DEVICE

Before using such device we have a small and fragile karp at level 110 with no considerable movesets.

#m1 Spash - level 3 - 5 sec
#m2 Tackle - level 5 - 5 sec
#m3 Bubles - level 8 - 5 sec

After we used the device, I thought the magikarp could double its size (not that large one, the medium one which sometimes we see admins summoning at pvp).

#m1 Splash - level 3 - 5 sec
#m2 Aqua Blast - level 110 - 20 sec
#m3 Aqua Bolt - level 110 - 15 sec
#m4 Sleep Talk - level 115 - 30 sec
#m5 Brine - level - 110 - 50 sec
#m6 Aqua Jet - level - 113 - 20 sec
#m7 Hyper Beam - level - 110 - 15 sec
#m8 Tackle - level - 110 - 5 sec
#m9 Tail Whip - level 110 - 15 sec
#m10 Rain Dance - level 120 - 40 sec

That's just a possible moveset suggestion, and would be interesting if it could got a TMlearnset list, in case of you take this idea into account.

I would apreciate to read your opinion and thought about it.

Thank you,

Daryl.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The concept is really good and well detailed

Thank you

But I lost it with lvl 110 and a moveset better than my my gyarados haha

* I did not understand very well when you said "But I lost it with lvl 110".
Anyway, I thought of something that ran away from the common parameters of quests and evolutions, and made it a little more difficult to achieve, needing more time and patience. For that reason I thought of something like that.

* About its moveset ...
- After having leveled up the magikarp lvl 10/20 with 3 or 4 movesets (the 4th one maybe water gun or water pulse) up to 110, without the help of day care and rare candies.

- After having defeated more than 2k of magikarps that would spawn randomly or from time to time.

- Once you have tried and possibly achieved a Golden's Magikarp Tail, which would be something not too easy to drop.

- After some miserable KS (s).

- And after all the effort and possible weariness that all this rush could cause, nothing more fair than you can have a really interesting pokemon.

Ps: remembering that obviously it will not has an evolution, it would be a single and independent pkm, and that to get it, it takes a lot more than leveling it up to level 50 with the help of some resources (still) and evolves it (which is the gyarados situation). So, havin' it better than gyarados taking into account this aspects, guess it would be fair enough. Gyarados lovers could still have it independently, too.

Jertusz

Reaction score
I agree with Shellman, the idea is great and well thought, but I think that rain dance or brine could be changed for underwater, cuz 2 high damage AoE (I assume that you would want it to have decent damage as it will be hard to get) + TM's from learnest could make it a bit to overpowered.

Besides I think that even if your idea will be accepted, it will be postponed because of Alola (Which is great and imo more important, cuz it not only provides us new pokemons, but also new quests).

Overall, great idea and I respect the amount of time you had to sacrifice to make it as detailed as it is. That's one of the best suggestions I've seen in a while, most detailed and it could be actually fun to do.

Peace,
Jertusz

Sucrilhosforever

I'm a Community Manager. Animes sux. They are just
Reaction score
* I did not understand very well when you said "But I lost it with lvl 110".
fyi i know that you're br so you probably understand the "perdi meus lados" meme, same stuff with "i lost it", he just were like "lmao this karp has a better moveset than my gyara"

Reaction score
fyi i know that you're br so you probably understand the "perdi meus lados" meme, same stuff with "i lost it", he just were like "lmao this karp has a better moveset than my gyara"

Actually don't. Even being br i hadn't understood that, there would be no reason to say that if i really had understood. I'm not so good with memes rlly xD i got so long time to understand that one correlating alolan ... i get it, cause a friend in game came and explained me. xDDDDD

I agree with Shellman, the idea is great and well thought, but I think that rain dance or brine could be changed for underwater, cuz 2 high damage AoE (I assume that you would want it to have decent damage as it will be hard to get) + TM's from learnest could make it a bit to overpowered.

Besides I think that even if your idea will be accepted, it will be postponed because of Alola (Which is great and imo more important, cuz it not only provides us new pokemons, but also new quests).

Overall, great idea and I respect the amount of time you had to sacrifice to make it as detailed as it is. That's one of the best suggestions I've seen in a while, most detailed and it could be actually fun to do.

Peace,
Jertusz

Thank you, for your words and support.
Actually the movest list is just a suggestion ... and yes, even i'm so excited to see more of alolan than anything else. I just wanted to leave here this idea and who knows in the future it may happen?!

thank you, meus consagrados

ninjakaban

Reaction score
Damn so nice idea. I’d like to make this quest cuz I love Magikarp xD I keep my first caught Magikarp since I started 5 years ago so I’ll enjoy in your quest. I wish the staff will add it soon xD

Last edited:
Reaction score
Damn so nice idea. I’d like to make this quest cuz I love Magikarp xD I jeep my first caught Magikarp since I started 5 years ago so I’ll enjoy in your quest. I wish the staff will add it soon xD

y7GrXHe.png

Back