What's new

Welcome!

About the "TM19" Quest, a way to Stop Complains.

Raszagal

Reaction score
Well, since the "Tm 19" Quest where updated and completely added, A lot of players start to complain, because one of the Requirements, is quite Ridiculous in Pearl. (Remember, there was 3 wrong things: On pearl players didn't open a lot of Jhoto Boxs Like Diamond, so Chikorita, Cindaquill and Totodile was HARDER To dex on pearl than Diamond; The Dex Bug, that causes all the jhoto pokes Dissapear; and after that, The "Dex fix" that causes them dissapear Again).

Well, this is my Sugestion.

3 Small Quest, with 3 Different npcs, that, for a few amount of items (not so few), they i'll "unlock" you some places to "DEX ONLY" Chikorita, Cindaquill, and Totodile (and his respective Evolutions).

The place to find them, would be a room, with all their sqm's as PROTECTION ZONE, so nobody will be able to kill these pokes.. Also, the door should be a door sealed against unwanted untruders, so, if it's open, as soon the players move out the door it will be closed, this to prevent the players from taking out the pokes to kill it.

You'll find Information about An idea of how to make them.

Quest 1:

Iwan, the Water pokemon trainer.

Iwan is an inhabitant of Cerulean, but, actually, he's outside the city exploring new Areas, he's one of the trainers that know the exact location of a new Kind of pokemon.

player: Hello
Iwan: Hello, player!, what's bring you here?
player: new pokemon/pokemon
Iwan: Ohhh, so you've heard about that.. well, the only thing i can say you, is an amazing pokemon, but it's a bit.. hard to find and study, he destroy everything that i bring to him....
Iwan: .. so i'm always getting new things to him.. it's a real headache. i wonder if someone can help me with it.
player: help
Iwan: Oh Really?, you really want to help me?
player: yes
Iwan: Well, all can i offer you, is the location of the new specie, but.. you'll not able to catch it, just study them ok?
Iwan: Ok, i'll ask these items, 20 Water pendant, 25 Water Gems, 30 Crab Claw, 5 water Orb Bring these items to me, and i'll share the location with you.

Once you gather all the items.

player: hi
player: mission/help
Iwan: Do you have the items i asked for?
Iwan: Great!, now, ear this.. as i know you love to explore, i'll not tell you the exact location, to make it funny for you...
Iwan:... it's far west lavender, on a snake shape cave.. now, go. And come back when you find it.

Once you find it.

Player: Hello
Player: mission/help
Iwan: oo nice one, did you study it?, Tododile is an Amazing pokemon... But Croconaw, his evolution is even more interesting.
Plaer: Croconaw
Iwan: Aaahh, you're intersed on it? Let's see...bring me this items.. 50 water gems, 20 Ruby, 10 Water orb, 10 Kingler's Pincers and 5 Pot of Fresh Water.. once you give them to me, i'll share with you the location of Croconaw.

Once you gather all them

Iwan: So, you collect the items i asked?
Player: yes
Iwan: nice one, Good job.. now, As you're a real explorer, i'll just give you a clue where he is... Find a Waterfall, near the the fuchsia city, maybe you'll need something extra to find it jajaja, now, go.. and find it.. once you do it, come back with me.

Once you find and Dex Croconaw.

Iwan: Did you find Croconaw, do you study it?
Iwan: Isn't Amazing!¡?, his behavior, his nature,all is beatifull on that pokemon.. now, go away, i need to focus my mind on my new discover.. the Feraligatr
player: Feraligatr
Iwan: i suposed you were interested on it.. so, i have my item list ready for you, just ask me if you want to bring them
player: mission/help
Iwan: ok, Bring me 100 water gems, 80 water pendant, 30 water orbs, 15 pot of Fresh water, 1 Icicle plate and 1 Splas Plate.. once you bring all them to me, i'll share with you the location of Feraligatr

Once you bring all the items

Player: Mission
Iwan: Great, You do it.. wan't to be my assistant? , jajaa just a joke... well the location of Feraligtr gonna be hard to find, but i'll give you a Clue .. is on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (x, to keep ot secret) once you find it, come back

Once You dex Feraligtr

player: hello
Player: mission
Iwan: Ohh so you finally dex Tododile and all his Evolutions.. congratulations, Here, take this reward for all the help you gave me.

You received 100 hds and 1 Rare Candie

--------------------------------------

Well, for Chikorita, Cindaquill, would be a similar Quest, just need to work on the Dialogues with npcs... the items are Easy.

Last edited:

mneuweiler

Reaction score
Well Razz, I liked your idea a lot, because it is just unfair that players from ones server are able to do this quest and the players from the other server are unable to get the quest done, and I also liked that you can get an extra reward rather than just the dex of those pokemons, because if the reward of the quest is only the dex I don't think everybody would be happy, great part of the players would complain because they should get it for free. Well that is my humble opinion, hope you get listened, by the way, I also like that you are proposing a quest, that way is fine for players and good for the GM's, because players get the so needed for players dex of those pokemons to do the quest but they have to make an effort instead of getting them for free xd.

Saludos

Maritos

Honorary Members
Reaction score
The idea is good, but it's a bit pointless adding pokes only for Dex. Also, when the update comes, they will roam on the wild. So the only way this idea becomes good is if the quest is later removed.

Raszagal

Reaction score
The idea is good, but it's a bit pointless adding pokes only for Dex. Also, when the update comes, they will roam on the wild. So the only way this idea becomes good is if the quest is later removed.

As it's seems the Update will take time, this would be like a "patch" for a Time.. or for a long time.

psych07

Reaction score
its a good idea but is not better just remove this requirement of quest and put an other? u.u we are needing quest to make now not quest to wait solve bugs or updates of dex... u.u

Raszagal

Reaction score
its a good idea but is not better just remove this requirement of quest and put an other? u.u we are needing quest to make now not quest to wait solve bugs or updates of dex... u.u

They said already "it's possible on pearl", But, they do not even know his community enough to say that.

So, i'm just givining an assumptio with this Quest.

Pan-xorek

Reaction score
good idea / but in my opinion it should be added to all players to dex this pokes [ all evolution chicorita/totdile/cyndaqiul] it will be faster than updating the npc and dialoges with them of tm19 quest :>

Jeff Know

Reaction score
I think it could work, and also make the quest a bit more interesting if they make some kind of "connection" between them, like making favours for some npc and that npc tells you that some1 needs your help and keep going on till get on the TM's npc.

Back