What's new

Welcome!

Pokemon Skills

karksiukas

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a question: Approximately when will the ability Lightning Rod begin to work in-game ?

I am asking, because the ability has been on PAd's Ability List for at least 2 months now.

These are the pokemons which can learn this ability:

-Pichu
-Pikachu
-Raichu
-Goldeen
-Seaking
-Electrike
-Manectric
-Plusle
-Blitzle
-Zebstrika

These ones can learn it too, however I believe we all see it would be nonsense to add the ability to them, since they are already inmune to electric-type moves:
-Cubone
-Marowak
-Rhyhorn
-Rhydon
-Rhyperior
(I mention them, since I wanted to give the full list of pokes which can learn this ability).

Thanks for reading!

@Edit: Also Alolan Marowak, when available, can learn this ability.

It's a great question but wrong thread bro

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello.

I have a question: Approximately when will the ability Lightning Rod begin to work in-game ?

I am asking, because the ability has been on PAd's Ability List for at least 2 months now.

These are the pokemons which can learn this ability:

-Pichu
-Pikachu
-Raichu
-Goldeen
-Seaking
-Electrike
-Manectric
-Plusle
-Blitzle
-Zebstrika

These ones can learn it too, however I believe we all see it would be nonsense to add the ability to them, since they are already inmune to electric-type moves:
-Cubone
-Marowak
-Rhyhorn
-Rhydon
-Rhyperior
(I mention them, since I wanted to give the full list of pokes which can learn this ability).

Thanks for reading!

@Edit: Also Alolan Marowak, when available, can learn this ability.

Once Alola is ready, then pokemons, that can learn new abilities, will have free reset for a chance to get them.

Hello!

Is it possible to add skill "Dark Portal" to Spiritomb?

Reason: Ghost and Dark type Pokemons can learn that ability. Ironically, Spiritomb is of both types but doesn't have the skill. Its speed is a little bit slow, so I believe this skill will improve both, Lvling and Duelling.

P.S.: Sableye is also a Ghost/Dark type poke whose speed is fast, and still has Dark Portal skill.

Thank you!

No, we don't add this ability to every single pokemon. Being of a ghost type does not matter. It's not like when pokemon is psychic then must have blink, when ghost, then dark portal etc.

No clue if it was misunderstanding while applying changes, but Aegislash has lost the teleport ability, meanwhile Doublade still has it. I wonder if you couldn't put back teleport ability to it again (aegislash)?!

It never meant to have this ability, so nope.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Once Alola is ready, then pokemons, that can learn new abilities, will have free reset for a chance to get them.

Thank you very much for the response!. Can't wait to Alolan!

No, we don't add this ability to every single pokemon. Being of a ghost type does not matter. It's not like when pokemon is psychic then must have blink, when ghost, then dark portal etc.

What you say it's true, not all Ghost/Dark/Psychic types should have it. But Spiritomb is not only Ghost, but also Dark-type, and it is a Spirit, that's why I believe it should have it. But I understand.

Is it possible, then, to increase its speed from 350 to 400? (It might be the wrong section, however since we are already on the topic).

Thanks again!

Firemaster

Reaction score
fly n dive

hnFXjRb.png

add dive to croconaw, no explanation needed :´(
also fly to farftetch´d

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
And rock smash for houndoom/shiny houndoom because he have horns ect...

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hello!

I would like to make 2 suggestions:

1.- Add Surf and Dive to Dragonair. It is one of the few Pure-Dragon type pokemons who can actually surf AND dive in the anime and in the game. It is nice that it already has Fly, as we can see in the anime too that it can fly.
Proof of this:
C04UAFq.png
(obtained from Bulbapedia)
Also, I invite you to watch one of my favourites Gym-leader's duel: Ash vs Clair here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6dJ51Tr6Sw
And you can clearly hear on minute 14:07 how Clair orders Dragonair to go "Underwater" and you can also see throughout the duel how Dragonair uses its diving ability to have an advantage over Charizard. One last proof: You can clearly listen on minute 14:58 how Brock says, and I quote, "Yeah, but Dragonair's got the advantage of water".

2.- Add ability Surf to Haxorus: It can learn it as a TM, according to bulbapedia, which means in the games it can actually surf. Also, it has it as a move in PAdventures. I think it looks a bit silly that it can use the move "surf" but it cannot surf.
I know some people would be like "well, other pokemons have surf in their move-set too but that doesn't mean they should literally surf" like Pelipper for example. But Pelipper is more of a bird. What I mean is: I believe what makes Haxorus different is that it is a Pure-Dragon type. For example we have dual-types like Dragon/Flying (Salamance, Altaria) or Dragon/Ground (Flygon, Garchomp), but they clearly cannot surf because of their Dual-type... it is not in their nature (according to Bulbapedia, with the exception of Dragonite, who can learn surf in the games too).

Thanks!

Bump!

So it doesn't get lost in void.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hello Community and Staff,

I would like to suggest adding ability Rock Smash to Zoroark. It is a very strong pokemon who can easily break rocks. In fact, in the Movie Zoroark: Master of Illusions, it breaks free from this cage it was locked in. I believe if it can break free from that, it can easily smash a rock.

Here's the proof: (Only video I could find where they show it breaks the cage)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAQLisR8Ygw

Thanks!

karksiukas

Reaction score
First of all, I noticed just now that vast majority of my past skill suggestions were applied recently, huge thank you for that!

I would like to bump some of those that were not applied:

Skuntank [...] My suggestion: Rock smash
In-game Dex entry:
uPIXltE.png

[Additionally add cut if possible, it has claws for a reason]

Probopass has no abilities, so my suggestion would be: Sniff (come on, it's a floating nose so...), [...] Search (it uses powerful magnetic fields to navigate so I guess could search for people using them too).

oh, and... Sniff for Nosepass (it's a nose too:D)

Sniff to Stoutland and Herdier. Come on, they are DOGS.

I also believe it would be proper for Stoutland and Herdier to have find hole. For those that have curious dogs will probably understand what I mean =D

Shroomish has no abilities at all, it would be really great if it had cut and harvest.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hello !!

I want to suggest adding skill Rock Smash to Ludicolo and Sceptile.

Reason? Both Pokémons can learn TMs Brick Break and Rock-Smash . So I assume they are strong enough to have this skill. It would be very useful.

Thanks!

Last edited:

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hello!

1.- Add Surf and Dive to Dragonair. It is one of the few Pure-Dragon type pokemons who can actually surf AND dive in the anime and in the game. It is nice that it already has Fly, as we can see in the anime too that it can fly.
Proof of this:
C04UAFq.png
Also, I invite you to watch one of my favourites Gym-leader's duel: Ash vs Clair here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6dJ51Tr6Sw
And you can clearly hear on minute 14:07 how Clair orders Dragonair to go "Underwater" and you can also see throughout the duel how Dragonair uses its diving ability to have an advantage over Charizard. One last proof: You can clearly listen on minute 14:58 how Brock says, and I quote, "Yeah, but Dragonair's got the advantage of water".

2.- Add ability Surf to Haxorus: It can learn it as a TM, according to bulbapedia, which means in the games it can actually surf. Also, it has it as a move in PAdventures. I think it looks a bit silly that it can use the move "surf" but it cannot surf.
I know some people would be like "well, other pokemons have surf in their move-set too but that doesn't mean they should literally surf" like Pelipper for example. But Pelipper is more of a bird. What I mean is: I believe what makes Haxorus different is that it is a Pure-Dragon type. For example we have dual-types like Dragon/Flying (Salamance, Altaria) or Dragon/Ground (Flygon, Garchomp), but they clearly cannot surf because of their Dual-type... it is not in their nature (according to Bulbapedia, with the exception of Dragonite, who can learn surf in the games too).

Thanks!

I would like to suggest adding ability Rock Smash to Zoroark. It is a very strong pokemon who can easily break rocks. In fact, in the Movie Zoroark: Master of Illusions, it breaks free from this cage it was locked in. I believe if it can break free from that, it can easily smash a rock.

Thanks!
Hello !!

Reason? Both Pokémons can learn TMs Brick Break and Rock-Smash . So I assume they are strong enough to have this skill. It would be very useful.

Thanks!

Bump!!

(sorry for long post)

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Bumping in 3...2...1...

Hello!

Proof of this:
C04UAFq.png

Thanks!

Hello !!

Thanks!

Thanks!

@Zoroark: Also, could you add Ability Cut? Zoroark has claws, which most likely would help it to cut through things easily.

Thanks again!

Back