What's new

Welcome!

abilities, status condition.

Reaction score
guys, for some time now, I've been noticing that some pokémon, for the most part, have great abilities that depend on a certain moveset or status condition to be activated.

For example:

In order for Vileplume's chlorophyl ability to be activated, and guarantee a 25% increase in speed, it needs the sunny status condition. I don't remember any other moveset other than "sunny day" that could cause such an effect. Maybe drought?! Anyway, it's just an example. But see, it's a little complicated for you to have such a pokémon that doesn't have any moveset/passive for it to be activated. and mostly, it's horrible that you have to depend on another pokémon of yours or someone around you using it, so that you can use the ability properly.

I say this, mainly, for the moment when I am leveling up an Ice rider calyrex, and it has a wonderful ability (snow cloak), but that depends on the swon status condition, which, until then, is only provided after using it have used "hail" (and it doens't have it).

what I would like to suggest, is that whenever possible (of course, not always), you can put certain moves that can cooperate in activating abilities. I think this would help with less ability resets (often flawed), abilities that are almost never used and/or taken advantage of, among others.

Back