What's new

Welcome!

We need to get rid of classic client

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi guys, with every update is becoming harder and harder to keep support for classic client due it's limits, not only limiting us to classic client itself but holding us back on modern client updates aswell, I have been collecting information about what client does player use for a month and a half and here are the results:

Total logins: 319686 (100%)
Classic client: 51462 (16%)
Modern client: 268224 (84%)

As you can see a small part of the community uses classic client, maybe some of them haven't even tried modern client or don't know what it is, but we CAN'T keep the support for classic client for much longer, so let's discuss the future of classic client.

Gandryk

Reaction score
Im agreed with Jano, the Classic Client delay the updates; aswell some of players enjoy the Client but it will be necessary.

Also Modern Client is awesome, you should try it.

rakster

Reaction score
What are the pro's about Clasic Client anyway?

Kirminex

Reaction score
i would agree with this desicion if the pc requirements difference werent that big of a deal, you should first optimize the client so it functions on a less demanding way before thinking on shuting down the old client.
the fact that you have a duo core proccessor listed as a minumum for a simple game as tibia it just seems ridiculous.

crydoku

Pacific Ocean was made out of my tears
Reaction score
honestly this is something that i spoke with someone of staff long time ago.
Why we keep the classic client? i mean who the world use fucking old machines in this year? they are not that expensive, are you guys using still
windows XP? wtf common its time for you all to upgrate to a next level, it is sad but if we want to have more space and time to develop new features, we cannot lose time for few guys who use it.

Moden client is the future take it or go

Gandryk

Reaction score
i would agree with this desicion if the pc requirements difference werent that big of a deal, you should first optimize the client so it functions on a less demanding way before thinking on shuting down the old client.
the fact that you have a duo core proccessor listed as a minumum for a simple game as tibia it just seems ridiculous.

Even with a "bad computer" you could try modify some options and probably without lag or freezes. :D

Kolczyko

Reaction score
sad for users who use old client, but memory of this version is small and thats the reason of small updates. agree

Crommtheod

Reaction score
I think it's time to take the classic client ... because keep it is not helping the game itself to evolve ... As always atedendia is to develop better things and enhance the new client.
I use translator

Reaction score
Client old

please do not do that, I use the old client because when I try to open the new, does not open just says, "You Crashed Application"
Mwall Here

Agustiinn

Reaction score
Thing is, there are people that can't use new client and can only play in Old one, so that's the problem, I know it has limitations, but you are like "ejecting" us from the game and it's not good seen.
Still, it's your own decission , so if u think it's better for you and the game then you have to do it .

Good Luck.

Agus~

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Thing is, there are people that can't use new client and can only play in Old one, so that's the problem, I know it has limitations, but you are like "ejecting" us from the game and it's not good seen.
Still, it's your own decission , so if u think it's better for you and the game then you have to do it .

Good Luck.

Agus~
It's more like no choice. If we will keep classic client, we won't be able to add new features or anything else, atm we have a lot of nice spell effects, walls, floors (map) but we just can't add it, because of old client
And as you know, quests or even new region (yes soon bla bla bla) which everyone wait for just require new sprites and stuff.
So it's like a choice, keep updating the game, or keep classic client which limit us in everything.

Losk

Reaction score
It's more like no choice. If we will keep classic client, we won't be able to add new features or anything else, atm we have a lot of nice spell effects, walls, floors (map) but we just can't add it, because of old client
And as you know, quests or even new region (yes soon bla bla bla) which everyone wait for just require new sprites and stuff.
So it's like a choice, keep updating the game, or keep classic client which limit us in everything.

This means the new 160+ quest is about to be released? or even the easter event?

Moj mistrz

Reaction score
Let's discuss pros and cons of having only modern client.

Pros:
- more graphics
- easy customizable just by using lua scripts
- improved animations
- transparency
etc.

Cons:
- some wooden PC's from '90 can't handle it
- nothing
- again nothing
- did I say - nothing?

Well, that would be the end of discussion about this topic. xD

Last edited:

Szacho

Reaction score
Okay. So...

1. I'm using modern client, since it was realeased. And in my opinion, modern client is better.
2. I'm agree, that keeping classic (old) client delays updates and changes.
But... here is also third point, which You need to meet, If You (PA staff) respect us - Your players, because without us here is no PA.
3. After remove of the classic (old) client, I want You to promise me and other players, that all updates and changes will be delivered on time, without delays, because You have experience to avoid them. Promise to us, that You will never use word ''soon'' and something like this again.

''You can make this PA server better, the best in Tibia's history - respecting his players is only one key and only one way'' - Szacho [Vakri(Pearl)], 2015.

I'm waiting for Your answer, admins.

Last edited:
Back