What's new

Welcome!

Venomoth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymeria

Reaction score
Hello there,
I would like to suggest some changes to Venomoth's move set.
reasons: Even tho he learns Sludge Rain and Lunge, his aeo doesnt have a big reach, also his type makes him vulnerable to Psy, wich he have advantage, quiver dance in that case is not very effective, cuzz most Psy's hunts have alakazams, wich runs asf. In addionational to thoses, ill say that he also needs ref to be good, wich makes him an expansive poke to have him full tm'ed.

Current move set
jtTXLLB.jpg

Suggestion:
m1 - Sludge
m2 - Rage Powder
m3 - Poison Fang
m4 - Signal Beam
m5 - Skill Swap
m6 - Poison Powder
m7 - Venoshock
m8 - Psychic
m9 - Sleep Powder > Toxication or Swarm
m10 - Quiver Dance > Fell Stinger

Last edited:

phibrizzo

Reaction score
jesus stop add bullet seed formula everywhere where u can.. psy pokes arent only kazams. if u want stun flatter should be good.
so
m9 - Sleep Powder >swarm or flatter
m10 - Quiver Dance/ifestation

Nymeria

Reaction score
jesus stop add bullet seed formula everywhere where u can.. psy pokes arent only kazams. if u want stun flatter should be good.
so
m9 - Sleep Powder >swarm or flatter
m10 - Quiver Dance/ifestation

its acctualy return's formula not bullet seed. i tought on infestation too, but it would also not solve the reach problem, and since venomoth learns a Venom Blast and Venom Storm (similar range spells), i tought that too make it better fell stinger would be better than infestation, and adding tm65 to her learn set instead.

Last edited:

KaCtoos

Reaction score
its acctualy return's formula not bullet seed. i tought on infestation too, but it would also not solve the reach problem, and since venomoth learns a Venom Blast and Venom Storm (similar range spells), i tought that too make it better fell stinger would be better than infestation, and adding tm65 to her learn set instead.

Wait, as far as I could seen, when you enter with Pokemon and let it just stay, the Alakazams are all around it in the range of Infestation,
so I don't get why it eventually "would not solve the range problem".
Also, I still don't see a reason why every Pokemon, that has Bug in it's type, should have a Big Area Move.
There is some other spawns to exp Poison/Bug Pokemon instead of only Psychic, I would rather go with it for example on Pure Grasses.
Still, even if you like Alakazams so much that you want to hunt only them, I don't see a problem about getting closer to them to let it take dmg from Quiver Dance or something other.
What's the point of distance attacking Alakazams, while every Pokemon are going to have High Area Move so he can easily reach them with it's attack?

Still, I can agree about idea to change Sleep Powder f.e for Swarm, for now In my opinion Venomoth is kinda weird,
since it has every AoE from another type, so adding him an low damaging bug/poison AoE would be not bad, if you ask me.

Nymeria

Reaction score
Beedrill have feel stinger and Infestation, butter defog And quiver, imo venomoth could have better moves tô exp xD

Shadow Mist

Reaction score
Beedrill have feel stinger and Infestation, butter defog And quiver, imo venomoth could have better moves tô exp xD

hi, not every pokemon should be super good/easy to exp. also, you could try to exp him on a pure grass spawn (hi my name is frond island grass 135)

cya

disagree on adding fell stinger or infestation to venomoth. swarm for sleep powder seems like a normal idea, tho.

Nymeria

Reaction score
hi, not every pokemon should be super good/easy to exp. also, you could try to exp him on a pure grass spawn (hi my name is frond island grass 135)

cya

disagree on adding fell stinger or infestation to venomoth. swarm for sleep powder seems like a normal idea, tho.

i understand your pov :naughty:, but imo is not about making it super good, is about making him at least good, cuzz he's now is the worst bug on kanto, ofc thats my opinion.
I like him, always did, his sprite normal and cloned are wonderful, he needs a ref wich makes him a little expansiver than others to full tm. So i tought "hey lets suggest something to make him better?" YAY

Tsotss

Reaction score
By the way, Beedrill also need Reflect to have possibiity to exp on kazams or others psycho. Also remember that sometimes we have to put some money to make pokemon much better and in this case we have Venomoth. Don't understand my words I won't make any changes or anything else. I used Venomoth also but some time ago (but with those changes and with ref). For me is pretty nice.

Nymeria

Reaction score
By the way, Beedrill also need Reflect to have possibiity to exp on kazams or others psycho. Also remember that sometimes we have to put some money to make pokemon much better and in this case we have Venomoth. Don't understand my words I won't make any changes or anything else. I used Venomoth also but some time ago (but with those changes and with ref). For me is pretty nice.

Beedrill >>>>>> venomoth
Beedrill have a 2 great aoe moves.

Last edited:

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Wait, as far as I could seen, when you enter with Pokemon and let it just stay, the Alakazams are all around it in the range of Infestation,
so I don't get why it eventually "would not solve the range problem".
Also, I still don't see a reason why every Pokemon, that has Bug in it's type, should have a Big Area Move.
There is some other spawns to exp Poison/Bug Pokemon instead of only Psychic, I would rather go with it for example on Pure Grasses.
Still, even if you like Alakazams so much that you want to hunt only them, I don't see a problem about getting closer to them to let it take dmg from Quiver Dance or something other.
What's the point of distance attacking Alakazams, while every Pokemon are going to have High Area Move so he can easily reach them with it's attack?

Still, I can agree about idea to change Sleep Powder f.e for Swarm, for now In my opinion Venomoth is kinda weird,
since it has every AoE from another type, so adding him an low damaging bug/poison AoE would be not bad, if you ask me.

OMG, I can't agree more with you hahaha. I also think Venomoth is a weird poke. So many different moves.

Swarm would be really great instead of sleep power. Also, some pokemons which have dual-type, but have more moves of 1 type than the other, usually have a Passive move from the other type. Since Venomoth has Skill Swap and Psychic and 4 Poison-type moves, it would be nice to add a Bug passive move, like Bug Bite for instance.

:)

Nymeria

Reaction score
OMG, I can't agree more with you hahaha. I also think Venomoth is a weird poke. So many different moves.

Swarm would be really great instead of sleep power. Also, some pokemons which have dual-type, but have more moves of 1 type than the other, usually have a Passive move from the other type. Since Venomoth has Skill Swap and Psychic and 4 Poison-type moves, it would be nice to add a Bug passive move, like Bug Bite for instance.

:)

maybe struggle bug as passive
xD

Last edited:

Shadow Mist

Reaction score
hi again.

we had discuss about venomoth and:

about Quiver Dance > Infestation/Fell Stinger, as I said earlier we (as in reb team) dont want every pokemon to have big area spells and to be that easily expable, so: rejected

about Sleep Powder > Swarm/Toxication, we dont want to replace for swarm cus it would affect pvp side, so: rejected

venomoth won't be changed for now, so... closing thread.

cya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back