What's new

Welcome!

The Anti-Scam Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenn

Reaction score
Greetings.
This thread will contain the most popular tricks used by the scammers.
For those who don't know the actual scam tricks, it's worth taking a look to avoid getting scammed on the future.

Trick #1 - Trading cents as ten thousand dollar coins (Scarab Coins)
TRUE ITEM: iOtiQ.jpg FALSE ITEM: Sqe7r.jpg
Some people try to trade cents as ten thousand dollar coins, DO NOT FALL to that trick!
If you're in doubt, always use the "Look" function and confirm whether it is a cent or a ten thousand dollar coin.

Trick #2 - Selling Big Diamonds as regular Diamonds (used to buy VIP)
TRUE ITEM: SUEoL.jpg FALSE ITEM: 1eBbI.jpg
Some people sells Big Diamonds as Diamonds, you should keep in mind that ONLY THE REGULAR DIAMONDS may be used to buy VIP, the Big Diamonds are LOOTABLE from Cloysters.

Trick #3 - Selling random eggs as Eevee's or Kabuto's eggs.
TRUE EEVEE EGG: MBvz.jpg TRUE KABUTO EGG: 32Jfc.jpg
Some people try to sell random eggs (mostly Magikarps, but sometimes they use other ones) as Eevee's or Kabuto's Eggs, to avoid that filthy scam, you can check above how both Eevee and Kabuto eggs looks like.

Trick #4 - The "100% Catch Rate Ball".
FAKE BALL: BA0tm.jpg (looks like a normal PokeBall).
Some people claim that the old "100% Catch Rate Ball" from the Beginning Island would work on mainland, but that's not true, it only worked on the 6 initial pokemons who lived in that island (Caterpie, Weedle, Paras, Pidgey, Oddish and Rattata), so, it's useless in mainland.

Trick #5 - Changing Pokemon's Pokeballs for Empty Pokeballs.
TRADE WINDOW: pQ1SB.jpg
This one needs extra caution from the buyer! EVERYTIME you're about to accept a pokemon deal, LOOK what's inside the ball by clicking on it in the Trade Window!
After you click on it you'll receive a message saying what's inside it in the middle of your screen and on your "Server Log" tab.

That's it for now!
If you see/know any other scam, feel free to post it here with details and I'll add it to the list.
With your help we can make a complete guide of scammings and help people to avoid'em!
I know it's simple, but we see people getting scammed every now and then, so, I hope it may be useful.
Kenn.

Lethal Spirit!

Reaction score
Good guide xd

Fake box
Fake box
Boxdecoration.png
True Boxs:
PA_Box_1.png
PA_Box_2.png
PA_Box_3.png
PA_Box_4.png

I know it's not very common, but one time some person tried to scam me from this way (epic fail XD)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back