What's new

Welcome!

Some Quests Improvement

Obreviate

Reaction score
Over time, we have seen increasing changes in the game, from a "simple" pkm rebalancing to the addition of new systems (TM task, for example), which has made us even more ambitious (in a good way) and made us even more competitive. And that's good. But my real purpose behind this thread is to make two suggestions like the thread's name itself already says.

Some Quests Improviment

Especially with the current and constant change on pkms movest, it is possible to realize that the way the system of some quests work, have become really easy. Not only with the increasing changes on pkms moveset, but also the way to reach a determined level to do these quests, have become much easier and faster (exp ticket system, many places to hunt etc). So, my suggestion revolves around a possible rebalancing (a little one) in relation to some quest, which after reaching the necessary level, you just have to find the way, go there, maybe kill some pkms and without much effort get some really great prizes, an example of this, TM33 Reflect.

* TM33 quest improvement suggestion

I'm about to reach level 130 in another character, and I intend soon to do this quest. One of the most important I would say. And I know of many people who, beyond to having done this quest in their main characters, are constantly creating others to do it again. What with a little effort, maybe some exp tickets (not necessarily), you can do this, even if you have few available hours during your day / week / month, you can do this.

The idea basically starts with a little revamp on the place. I did some doodles just to make the suggestion clearer.

lvOEGzi.jpg

After that, you could create a new NPC that would be the "hitch" to access Tm33. In other words, you would have to go through a primary stage, doing some tasks, collecting some dex and items, dueling with the NPC, to finally access the portal.
The context around the NPC could be, in it asking you if along the levels you have passed / reached, you have acquired the necessary knowledge regarding psychic pkms and about one of your most important and interesting skills, which is reflect. Something like that:

Player: Hi
NPC: Hello, Searcher.
Player: Mission
NPC: I have noticed that the road so far has been great for you. Finally you have found the place where one of the greatest abilities of psychic pkms is materially hidden. However, your experience so far does not mean much to access this place. For this, I have some tasks for you. Do you wish to continue?
Player: yes
NPC: Sure, which is this greatest psychic skill am I talking about?
Player: reflect
NPC: Great! Seems you know a lot about this. But even a great skill like that has its "brokenness", unfortunately. As a knower on this subject, would you able to tell me which kind of skills are capable to break reflect?
Player: brick break, phantom force, psychic fangs
NPC: Amazing! I'm almost convinced of your knowledge about this, but not totally. I wonder if along the way, you have handled these pkms (psychic) enough to access the portal. Words aren't necessarily proof, are they? Could you defeat 150 alakazams, 100 hypnos, 80 kadabras, 50 Abras and 30 Mr mime?

Obs¹: the number and pkms to be defeated are just a suggestion, you can change the numbers/pmks by the way you think is better. Till even the player/npc conversation.

*After you defeated the required pkms number ...

Player: Hi
NPC: Wow! You're back!
Player: report (maybe some exp points?!)
NPC: I'm amazed! I confess i wasn't expecting to see you soon, actually, i thought you're going to give up. Anyway, i'm seeing you've defeated those pkms which i asked for.
Player: mission
NPC: I think when you defeated those pkms, they let dropped some important things to me. 100 Psychich spoon, 100 future orb, 50 hypnotic pendulum, 15 mimic clothes and 5 mind plates, may you give me them?
NPC: Wonderful! I am fully convinced that you know very well about this ability materially hidden. Although convinced, I would like to invite you to a duel, and as long as we duel, I would like to show you something truly incredible. If you defeat me, I will show you the portal that will give you access to this powerful ability.
Player: duel
NPC: Are you ready for a duel of 3x3 and contemplate the incredible?

Obs²: In this point, I thought the duel might be 3x3 and the pkms chosen by the NPC would be: Alakazam [100], Hypno [130] and the "incredible" which NPC is talking about would be an Ancient Alakazam [100] or [130 ]. *Ancient Alakazam, could be similar to the pkms we faced against khanzo (in terms of strength, i mean). Once we have ancient gengar, would be interesting and cool to have ancient alakazam too, in this case being used in a quest.

If you defeated the NPC ..

NPC: Wow! That duel was amazing! You defeated me. Look there! The portal has been opened to you. And if I can give you an advice, be careful where you step. Good luck!

After you defeated the NPC on duel:
- It would open up the portal to you get in.
- If you die there inside, you can normally come back there, and have the portal access maybe telling: "hi, portal"
- If the portal is opened to you, nobody who hasn't done the quest can get in, even if he/she has reached 130.

Obs³: The conversation is just a suggestion, it can be shorten or lengthen.

IMO, i can't see any unfairness changing this, and can't see anything becoming hardcore after, if it would be changed. For those who hasn't done tm33 (newcomers specially) yet, will be smth really new and still more interisting (knowledge/ancient alakazam thing etc). As I said before, it would be a small "rebalancing" for this amazing quest, which gives a truly incredible prize, to follow these growing changes on the game, not being so easy, and not so hard to be done.

I would like also to suggest smth to PAnihilator 130 +, unfortunately, i can't do this now, but probably i'm gonna do this later in this same thread. I would apreciate if you as player could give your opinion and if some staff member, could give some opinion and an answer about this if it's possible, just to let to know.

Regards, Obre.

Last edited:

Elias Walker

Reaction score
im my opinion TM33 quest is good the way it is. keep im mind we have already many quests that require items/tasks, and I know that staff will bring more s00n. TM33 quest is already "hard" since you can't make it without spoil... (ofc u can, but it would take you hours/days)... something that would be btter for this quest is adding more psychic pokemons, or pokemons that has reflect on Moveset (Noctownl, Ledian, etc) on the place.

Ladyrawr

Reaction score
I Disagree, since there isn't so much reflect on server and already have a task to get reflect.

Grayfoox

Reaction score
im my opinion TM33 quest is good the way it is. keep im mind we have already many quests that require items/tasks, and I know that staff will bring more s00n. TM33 quest is already "hard" since you can't make it without spoil... (ofc u can, but it would take you hours/days)... something that would be btter for this quest is adding more psychic pokemons, or pokemons that has reflect on Moveset (Noctownl, Ledian, etc) on the place.

yeah, this place is a "never-return-after-finished-this-quest" so I think we could have even a place to exp there with psychic pokemons for players 130+ (POI isn't counting because you can't level there)

Obreviate

Reaction score

Well,
As I said before, it would be a small "rebalancing" for this amazing quest, which gives a truly incredible prize, to follow these growing changes on the game, not being so easy, and not so hard to be done.

Currently, by a sure way, that's the kinda of quest you can make easily, specially if you have a partner. I can't see any problem realting/involting "the requeriment thing", specially a simple one like that, for an amazing TM like that. We have a "worthless" TM as reward in a great quest/place (TM50 Overheat). That for me, sounds kinda unfair in comparison to that perspective of requirements as you are saying, i guess.
I Disagree, since there isn't so much reflect on server and already have a task to get reflect.

Did you read the thread properly?

yeah, this place is a "never-return-after-finished-this-quest" so I think we could have even a place to exp there with psychic pokemons for players 130+ (POI isn't counting because you can't level there)

I thought in smth like that too, and i was going to suggest smth like that, but i didn't. I had thought in smth to PAnihilator about this too, make that place kinda more level upable, I'll post a possible idea for that place soon. But in advance an improviment for both these places would be good.

Obreviate

Reaction score
Bump? As i said before, would be apreciatable if i/we could have any feedback from any high staff member .. Dosnyan, Taloz, Zelricks and specially from Raissa, Hohenheim or Jano ...

Billy hatake

Reaction score
if you do not want to hear feedback from other people then send private messages, not everyone should agree with you... some people could use this respawn which is considerably hidden, to use bot.

Obreviate

Reaction score
I'm not going to spend my time and patience spreading rage at you for a psychotic and repressed hatred which comes from you against me in that thread, Billy. We have already passed this stage.

some people could use this respawn which is considerably hidden, to use bot.

How can a person use bot in that place? What are you talking about? I'm talking about an improvement, with the addition of a npc with some missions etc ... How the bot thing might work on it? Are you referring to the improvement of the place made here above? What?

if you do not want to hear feedback from other people then send private messages, not everyone should agree with you...

? is underlined in the first post, I just mentioned "high staff member" because they are the ones who can do something about it (a yes or no, maybe whatever), or if I am wrong, so can you?

I would apreciate if you as player could give your opinion and if some staff member, could give some opinion and an answer about this if it's possible, just to let to know.

ty, billy

Last edited:

ElQloLoko

Reaction score
Why always gotta be the guys that say no to everything? That want always all as it is? Always easy way, and don't appreciate good ideas.

Obreviate

Reaction score
PAnihilator 130 + Quest Improviment suggestion.

I would like also to suggest smth to PAnihilator 130 +, unfortunately, i can't do this now, but probably i'm gonna do this later in this same thread.

I'm able to do it right now.

Once again, I would like to make it clear that everyone's opinion is always very welcome (specially high staff ones). And the fact that I or anyone else argue "against" an opinion does not mean a lack of respect or not "accepting the opinion of the other", but rather just a conversation, in order to know if the improvement of these quests are possible.

Quickly, and as is common in the most of quests, we have a NPC in which we starts a conversation to begin this quest. And the idea of improvement for this quest also involves a NPC, an existing one, which until now I do not know which is its utility (if is there any, can you say ?!) that could be used (NPC Michal, it is in the beginning of the quest when you go up to the surface). But as i said, if this NPC is already in use, wouldn't be any problem to create a new one at all, I guess.

f2pddzw.jpg

* But why are you once again suggesting an improviment, in special for this quest, with the addition of a NPC/missions etc?

That's for two reasons, and after of to have explained this, I'll tell you how the NPC might work.

* 1st - as I said before, as changes in the game have occurred, some quests and other systems have become somewhat too easy to do, somewhat obsolete, I would say, in comparison to the incredible prizes that are provided on these quests. Even today, helping a friend with this, we could defeat those elder zards in less of 7 minutes, maybe 5. I don't know if anything can be done in relation to this, but I believe that making access to the place with a bit more of hardness, in addition to only reaching level 130, would be great and would already give a considerable up.

* 2nd (perhaps the main reason) - As has also been suggested previously in this thread, an improvement on spawning would not be something to disregard, since after completing this quest, this place is almost completely forgotten, and maybe something might be done. It can become a pretty level upable place. Even more than saying that this place could be improved, I would like to leave here an idea, which goes beyond the improvement of spawning.

* Pokemon waves (small ones)

I believe that this system of permanent pkm waves, only exists currently in the middle of the way to the Mega Kangaskhan on the INQ quest. And just as it works there, I would like to suggest basically the same for the long and empty ways of PAnihilator, however, in a simpler way and with a longer cooldown time in relation to these waves.

Briefly
, what I want to say is that in addition to the spawning improvement, fixed spawning, some waves of pkms could happen over every 10 or 15 minutes.

minute one: normal improved permanet spawn
minute five: normal improved permanet spawn
minute ten: normal improved permanet spawn + small pkm wave

or

minute one: normal improved permanet spawn
minute five: normal improved permanet spawn
minute ten: normal improved permanet spawn
minute fifteen: normal improved permanet spawn + small pkm wave

I decided to take some screens to be able to explain as clearly as possible, just for you to see how the spawning of each pkms gets organized, and how the spawning improvement could be, and how the waves could also occur.

I did some doodling just to illustrate where we actually have some pkms and I doodled with some colors in reference to the type of those pkms. And the only place with "best" spawn is the fire zone, the others have only isolated pkms, alakazam, for example, there is only one of it plus a kadabra in the end of the hall in all that "psychic zone". So, as I said, the idea would be basically this, you could improve the whole place with fixed spawns, and that all along the way of this first underground floor, some pkm waves (each 10, 15 or even 20 min) could happen, waves in according (or maybe not) with the type of pkm that is spawning in each part there.

QPdyl7a.jpg

I took some more screens from the floors below underground, and the idea of fixed spawns improvement and pkm waves are the same as I said above.

DDSRjJv.jpg

QtB6NwJ.jpg

An alternative idea is also the creation of a kind of hole, in the first underground floor, the place would stay parallel to the second one, not disturbing it (not confronting, not staying on this floor).

K2QBU2E.jpg

Anyway, this is one of the reasons that in addition to reaching level 130, adding a NPC with some missions would be interesting. Fair enough for access to a suggestively good place like that.

I apologize for the long suggestion, but that's basically it, although I'd like to keep writing (I like it xD) and suggest how the NPC's missions might work, I need to take a break to do other things. But I still come back in this same thread to present this idea related to NPC missions.

Back