What's new

Welcome!

Skuntank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garkstal

Banned user
Reaction score
A badass skunk, hmm, it is really bad? Is not, but his dark side is a bit poorly, plus he needs a counter for Steel, because... Poison is inmune against Steel, im not talking about a fissure or some crazy move like that. Something quiet and smooth.

z2PxNhk.png

From left to right, original and my suggestion.

Scratch > Sucker Punch: Originally every pokemon must have a weak move, however Scratch against ghost pokes is useless and for that reason, and because Skuntank is half dark, it's deserve a weak move that it's dark.

Roar > Poison Gas: This is a bit awkard change to write, since maybe Raissa will come here and punch me because sometimes I am a moron :5: but Roar it's a double edged move, if the user cast Roar and has good speed, Roar it's okay, but in this case, Skuntank is so slow, so instead of making use of a good move, Roar is a liability for our skunk! Furthermore Poison Gas is avalaible on TMs, so it's going provoke a removal of that TMs, and is that really that bad? There must be around 20 Skunktank 130 and maybe half of them has Poison Gas as TM. BUT, if many people has this TM for their Skuntank, and damn Pokemon why Skuntank can't learn Flatter, I strongly suggest Flatter if Poison Gas can't be.

Toxic > Flamethrower: You are insane man, crazy, but hey, please before you read this I really encourage you to read Bulbapedia before you comment something else since all of the changes I am doing are based ofc with Bulbapedia, and Skuntank really learns Flamethrower, isn't that crazy since Arbok has Fire Fang ofc to counter Steel types. Ftw fire moves! ;)

Gunk Shot > Night Slash: Skuntank actually only can learn 4 dark moves, Bite, Memento, Night Slash and Sucker Punch. 3 dark moves IMO are enough!

Mostly of the changes are based entirely on the reliable Bulbapedia

Just realize that maybe Poison Gas + Venom Blast, 2 strong poison moves it's maybe too much, so Gunk Shot instead of Venom Blast if you disagree it could be nice too.

It has 25.5k HP and Feint... so maybe and just maybe is bit high, I will suggest also a nerf on his hp, 1-2k.​

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Bro I love your desire to help and improve the pokemons, but I think you can sum all this up on a single thread, making a new thread for every pokemons (at least in my case) makes me not want to read them at all.

He did that here:
http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?40609-Own-Suggestions-For-Rebalance

Apparently though, he was advised to do it by individual Thread.

Edit: I thought Flamethrower was a bit crazy, but apparently it's a move Skuntank can learn when it evolves. And also in the anime, Jupiter's Skuntank can use Flamethrower (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jupiter#Pok.C3.A9mon_2)

Also, I agree on removing Scratch and adding Sucker Punch, It's a dual-type Pokemon Poison/Dark. Leaving 2 Normal-type moves is enough, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back