What's new

Welcome!

Shiny Lopunny

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Dear PAd Community and Members of Staff,

I know SEVERAL people would hate me for this, but we all know Shiny Lopunny is one of (if not) the most OP pokemon in the game right now, Duel-wise.

Can you please check it?

As a Normal-type pokemon, it's immune to Ghost-type, as well as Ghost-types are immune to normal-type moves. However, due to ability Scrappy, Ghost-types stand NO chance against it.

Furthermore, it is weak to Fighting-type pokemon, but so far I know NO Fighting-type pokemon who is capable of defeating Shiny Lopunny, due to the fact that Lopunny's moveset is almost Psychic.

It has EVERYTHING an OP pokemon needs:
Ability Scrappy to hit Ghost-types, it can dodge moves (High-jump kick), it nerfs opponents damage (baby-dolls eyes + counter move to fighting types), it has Reflect in moveset, it heals, its 2 strongest AoE moves are Psychic-type (counter to fighting) and its Rain Dance damage is one of the highest in the game (20:32 Your Shiny Lopunny deals 2442 damage to an Aerodactyl. 20:32 Your Shiny Lopunny deals 2458 damage to an Aerodactyl.)
And on top of that, it has After You, which allows Lopunny to either use protection/reflect, heal again, Baton Pass or a 3rd Rain Dance formula move.

Ironically, according to bulbapedia, other than Healing Wish, Magic Coat and Mirror Coat, Lopunny learn NO other Psychic-type move. Its Mega form is even Normal/Fighting.

Anyway, I don't want to suggest a whole change, I know for sure that people already hate me for asking you to check Shiny Lopunny.

My suggestion would be to remove the move After You and add a 15/20 sec move, like Swift/Smelling Salts or Charm (another small counter), since it only has 2 moves with 15 sec and all other are 30+ sec cooldown.

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
I could be agreed to reduce 100-200 dmg on the moves psychic terrain, psy blast and baby doll eyes, also im agreed to reduce the dmg of rain dance. Maybe these moves are the problem why it defeats fight but that isnt something new cuz some normal pokes defeat steels.

Respect to the moveset Im absolutely disagreed with you, shiny's lopunny moveset is fine now and most of the shinies aswell , for example shiny spinda with wish+incredible hp or s quagire with good hp +after you, I dont see any reason to nerf them apart from your frustration of not being able to defeat them.(yeah, you cried about the shiny escavalier of Ashtib until you started creating paranoia about how he got it, knowing that he bought to the one who has won the lottery).So I can wait anything of you.
Is not the first time that you complain about a shiny in pvp that isnt on your team and I think all your threads should be looked carefully if you try to take advantage of something.

Finally, I would like to suggest that the shinies in tournament should be restricted with a maximum amount in that way less people will complain about them.

Last edited:

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Why do people always use the card: "Stop crying" "You cannot defeat" " bla bla bla".

I can use Sableye or Bronzong and defeat ur Lopunny. The thing is, we all know Lopunny is a monster.

Plus, neither Shiny Escavalier nor Quagsire can easily defeat fire pokes/ grass pokes respectively. Lopunny can easily defeat Fighting-type pokes.

I believe the ONLY shiny I have suggested to be looked at because of being TOO DAMN OP is Lopunny so far. So I don't know what you mean by me "crying" or "complaining" about ALL shinies I "cannot" defeat.

Ashtib

Reaction score
Why do people always use the card: "Stop crying" "You cannot defeat" " bla bla bla".

I can use Sableye or Bronzong and defeat ur Lopunny. The thing is, we all know Lopunny is a monster.

Plus, neither Shiny Escavalier nor Quagsire can easily defeat fire pokes/ grass pokes respectively. Lopunny can easily defeat Fighting-type pokes.

I believe the ONLY shiny I have suggested to be looked at because of being TOO DAMN OP is Lopunny so far. So I don't know what you mean by me "crying" or "complaining" about ALL shinies I "cannot" defeat.

WAIT... shiny escavalier can defeat EASILY fire pokes? let me laugh please... fire pokes delete shiny escavalier... the only way is with a lof of luck in false swipe getting water/rock and do a combo stuns + dmg to try defeat fire pokes, but if u stun me when i use that false swipe is RIP. You need to know how handle pokes abilities in duels, before cry about it. Right now the only problem i see in pvp is trevenant and his 20 seconds of stun, bump your post about it... il agree with that. :*

Caxoxd1

Reaction score

I just say my opinion and I dindt use the card of "crying" because I have answered what changes I think it needs, also at this point imo changing a moveset would be too bad for a poke and less if is a shiny, knowing that nowadays most of the pokes have wish/false swiep, so only I can say all pokes have their characteristics and can be defeated, for example in that case the pokes that you mentioned can defeat lopunny and obviusly there are more.
Well, I wont say anymore, rebalancers can test shiny lopunny against other shinies and realize if it needs a change in the moveset, something that I dont think.

Last edited:

NandoCruise

Reaction score
WAIT... shiny escavalier can defeat EASILY fire pokes? let me laugh please... fire pokes delete shiny escavalier... the only way is with a lof of luck in false swipe getting water/rock and do a combo stuns + dmg to try defeat fire pokes, but if u stun me when i use that false swipe is RIP. You need to know how handle pokes abilities in duels, before cry about it. Right now the only problem i see in pvp is trevenant and his 20 seconds of stun, bump your post about it... il agree with that. :*

Ashtib, that is exactly what I meant: NEITHER Shiny Escavalier NOR Quagsire can easily defeat fire/grass pokes respectively. In English that means they CANNOT defeat.

In contrast to Lopunny, which can actually defeat fighting-types pokes.

Ashtib

Reaction score
Ashtib, that is exactly what I meant: NEITHER Shiny Escavalier NOR Quagsire can easily defeat fire/grass pokes respectively. In English that means they CANNOT defeat.

In contrast to Lopunny, which can actually defeat fighting-types pokes.

Nando... Isnt only shiny lopunny, why not talk about porygon z? he can defeat fight pokes too... and most easily than lopunny xd. How i said before is about try to counter the moveset with strategy all cant be simple like 2+2=4... then where is the fun? i bet is most a misstake of the player using fight poke's than opness of lopunny. And i agree with caxo maybe reduce dmg its ok, but isnt neccesary touch the moveset.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Like Caxoxd said, let rebalance team decide what to do.

I just wanted to bring Sh. Lopunny into conversation. Because while it is true that some pokes are OP, I believe Lopunny is on the top on that list, followed by Furret. But I cannot make post of every single pokemon in 1 day.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
But that's nature of lopunny, nintendo made it the way that it has plenty of psychic spells, some fairy. The same goes for example to Comfey, it's pure fairy but learns a lot of grass moves

Really? Psychic spells? I must confess I haven't played a nintendo-game with Lopunny in it.

However, I do watch the anime, and like I said: Lopunny is more Fighting-type, hence its Mega form is Normal/Fighting.

Believe me, Raissa, I do my homework every time before posting something. And, just as I said, according to Bulbapedia Lopunny doesn't learn any damaging Psychic-move.
Look for yourself:
XFkGUZb.png
r3v59gp.png

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lopunny_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

And even in the anime, Lopunny doesn't use any Psychic-moves:

0CXbelb.png

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Paris

440pKfN.png

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nando

However, I am not asking for Lopunny to be full normal/fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back