What's new

Welcome!

Shiny Escavalier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soksok

Reaction score
Is it possible to add the "no guard" ability to shiny escavalier? All shinys have the option to have the hidden ability of their pre-evolutions, i know that shiny karrablast is obtainable and maybe that's why you haven't added it to shiny escavalier since it can inherit the ability of shiny karrablast but it is very difficult for this to happen, almost impossible... because if you catch a shiny karrablast and it doesn't come out with "no guard" you would have to use resets to obtain this ability with the possibility that you will not be able to obtain it with 3 resets since it has 3 abilities, but if you manage to obtain it with resets the situation does not end there... since when evolving from shiny karrablast to shiny escavalier you can lose the ability "no guard" which i see is very difficult to get taking into account that this pokemon is only from event

OhGodNo

marshalldx53

Reaction score
Well, I think only shiny pokemons without pre-evolution should have this benefit (e.g. shiny aegislash). Even though it is hard to get Shiny Escavalier with "no guard", it isn't impossible. That only makes things more interesting and adds more rarity to it.

Besides, I have this guy: Shiny Escavalier [118][M] Ability: No Guard [Reset x 1] TM: Spin Out and I think it would be unfair to me and other players who already have one if "no guard" was added to Shiny Escavalier.

Soksok

Reaction score
Well, I think only shiny pokemons without pre-evolution should have this benefit (e.g. shiny aegislash). Even though it is hard to get Shiny Escavalier with "no guard", it isn't impossible. That only makes things more interesting and adds more rarity to it.

Besides, I have this guy: Shiny Escavalier [118][M] Ability: No Guard [Reset x 1] TM: Spin Out and I think it would be unfair to me and other players who already have one if "no guard" was added to Shiny Escavalier.

Bro, this pokemon will not stop being rare if they add the ability "no guard" since most have reset x3 and could not get this ability anymore, in addition to that if they add the ability "no guard" it would have 4 possible abilities to only 3 reset, which would still be difficult to achieve but it would be a bit fairer for those of us who want a shiny escavalier with no guard, since at the moment it is impossible to get one if nobody sells and there are only like 4 in the whole game...

Take into account that it is a shiny and shinys even with respawn are not usually all common, and less if it is a shiny with 4 possible abilities, it would still have its difficulty to get one with "no guard" since you can only do 3 resets, just look the cloned alakazam with 4 abilities, try to get the ability you want with 3 reset, there is very little chance of getting it and it is only a cloned pokemon... now imagine a shiny?

marshalldx53

Reaction score
Bro, this pokemon will not stop being rare if they add the ability "no guard" since most have reset x3 and could not get this ability anymore, in addition to that if they add the ability "no guard" it would have 4 possible abilities to only 3 reset, which would still be difficult to achieve but it would be a bit fairer for those of us who want a shiny escavalier with no guard, since at the moment it is impossible to get one if nobody sells and there are only like 4 in the whole game...

Take into account that it is a shiny and shinys even with respawn are not usually all common, and less if it is a shiny with 4 possible abilities, it would still have its difficulty to get one with "no guard" since you can only do 3 resets, just look the cloned alakazam with 4 abilities, try to get the ability you want with 3 reset, there is very little chance of getting it and it is only a cloned pokemon... now imagine a shiny?

I mean, if there's 4 already in the game, 4 ppl managed to get one so it isn't impossible. Also, as I mentioned before, Shiny Escavalier case is different from Shiny Aegislash cause YOU CAN get no guard from evolving while Shiny Aegislash cannot. That's why I strongly believe the staff added no guard ability to Shiny Aegislash and didn't add for Shiny Escavalier. I also bet most of Shiny Escavaliers currently in the game weren't reset 3 times so the number of Shiny Escavalier with no guard will increase by a lot if the ability was added to the pool.

Additionally, maybe you are forgetting the birthday event (http://www.padventures.org/forum/sh...Donation-Promo&p=401144&viewfull=1#post401144) which will, most likely, be completed, so you will be able to catch Shiny Karrablast and have a chance to get Shiny Escavalier with no guard.

Last edited:

Soksok

Reaction score
I mean, if there's 4 already in the game, 4 ppl managed to get one so it isn't impossible. Also, as I mentioned before, Shiny Escavalier case is different from Shiny Aegislash cause YOU CAN get no guard from evolving while Shiny Aegislash cannot. That's why I strongly believe the staff added no guard ability to Shiny Aegislash and didn't add for Shiny Escavalier. I also bet most of Shiny Escavaliers currently in the game weren't reset 3 times so the number of Shiny Escavalier with no guard will increase by a lot if the ability was added to the pool.

Additionally, maybe you are forgetting the birthday event (http://www.padventures.org/forum/sh...Donation-Promo&p=401144&viewfull=1#post401144) which will, most likely, be completed, so you will be able to catch Shiny Karrablast and have a chance to get Shiny Escavalier with no guard.

What is the case of trying to achieve something almost impossible? in the same way if you manage to get a shiny karrablast and it does not have "no guard" you will have to use resets to try to get it and if you do not get it you only have the option to sell that shiny karrablast for a very low price and try to get a new one, which is crazy
It's easy for you to say all those arguments because you have one, but put yourself in the shoes of someone else who wants that pokemon... how likely is it that you can get a shiny escavalier with "no guard" on your own? 1 in 1000?
As i mentioned before, if they add the ability "no guard" to shiny escavalier it would not affect its rare, since it would have a total of 4 abilities for only 3 reset attempts, it is already difficult to get the ability you want in a pokemon with 3 abilities, now imagine in one with 4 being shiny...

Reactions: Lag

marshalldx53

Reaction score
What is the case of trying to achieve something almost impossible? in the same way if you manage to get a shiny karrablast and it does not have "no guard" you will have to use resets to try to get it and if you do not get it you only have the option to sell that shiny karrablast for a very low price and try to get a new one, which is crazy
It's easy for you to say all those arguments because you have one, but put yourself in the shoes of someone else who wants that pokemon... how likely is it that you can get a shiny escavalier with "no guard" on your own? 1 in 1000?
As i mentioned before, if they add the ability "no guard" to shiny escavalier it would not affect its rare, since it would have a total of 4 abilities for only 3 reset attempts, it is already difficult to get the ability you want in a pokemon with 3 abilities, now imagine in one with 4 being shiny...

I didn't get mine, I bought it and I paid a lot for it.

In my opinion, this is just a way out to get one Shiny Escavalier with no guard for yourself disregarding what others did before and the luck required to achieve that. There are pokemons that do need to receive ability from previous evolutions but shiny escavalier isn't one of them. For example, pokemons like Shiny Hydreigon and Cloned Wigglytuff should have the abilities hustle and friend guard added to their pools, respectively. With that, I agree 100% cause currently in the game there's no way to get these pokemons with these abilities.

Shiny Escavalier already can have the ability no guard so there's no point in changing it. This is part of the luck factor of the game and I think it should just stay as it is.

Soksok

Reaction score
I didn't get mine, I bought it and I paid a lot for it.

In my opinion, this is just a way out to get one Shiny Escavalier with no guard for yourself disregarding what others did before and the luck required to achieve that. There are pokemons that do need to receive ability from previous evolutions but shiny escavalier isn't one of them. For example, pokemons like Shiny Hydreigon and Cloned Wigglytuff should have the abilities hustle and friend guard added to their pools, respectively. With that, I agree 100% cause currently in the game there's no way to get these pokemons with these abilities.

Shiny Escavalier already can have the ability no guard so there's no point in changing it. This is part of the luck factor of the game and I think it should just stay as it is.

I'm paying a lot for it too and i know that no one will sell it to me, people who have this pokemon don't need more money and getting one on your own is crazy, as i said, you would have to get a shiny karrablast and give it resets to get "no guard", if you fail you will have to sell it and try to get another one to do the same again and tell me... how often do they catch a shiny karrablast? exactly, never... even if they put shiny karrablast respawn... for a shiny escavalier to retain the inherited ability "no guard" would it take months, since maybe each karrablast would be caught within ¿5-8 months? (or even more) and all this for what? to use resets in it and that you cannot get the escavalier to keep the ability and thus wait another 8 months for another shiny karrablast to appear and try again? it's too much... Honestly i think that shinys with hidden ability should all have access to it since it is already very difficult to get them and even more with a "hidden ability".

I do not know if you have ever tried to get a pokemon with a hidden ability but i can tell you that it is very difficult, getting my wigglytuff with "friend guard" cost me 16 attempts, now imagine this in a shiny that could appear every 8 months or more?

I am not speaking only for myself when i say that i would like shiny escavalier to have access to this ability since many more people want it but they know that at the moment it is impossible to achieve it, don't you believe me? Put your shiny escavalier on the market and you will see how it does not last 10 minutes

Reactions: Lag

marshalldx53

Reaction score
I'm paying a lot for it too and i know that no one will sell it to me, people who have this pokemon don't need more money and getting one on your own is crazy, as i said, you would have to get a shiny karrablast and give it resets to get "no guard", if you fail you will have to sell it and try to get another one to do the same again and tell me... how often do they catch a shiny karrablast? exactly, never... even if they put shiny karrablast respawn... for a shiny escavalier to retain the inherited ability "no guard" would it take months, since maybe each karrablast would be caught within ¿5-8 months? (or even more) and all this for what? to use resets in it and that you cannot get the escavalier to keep the ability and thus wait another 8 months for another shiny karrablast to appear and try again? it's too much... Honestly i think that shinys with hidden ability should all have access to it since it is already very difficult to get them and even more with a "hidden ability".

I do not know if you have ever tried to get a pokemon with a hidden ability but i can tell you that it is very difficult, getting my wigglytuff with "friend guard" cost me 16 attempts, now imagine this in a shiny that could appear every 8 months or more?

I am not speaking only for myself when i say that i would like shiny escavalier to have access to this ability since many more people want it but they know that at the moment it is impossible to achieve it, don't you believe me? Put your shiny escavalier on the market and you will see how it does not last 10 minutes

Well, in my case the same could be said about Crystal Onix, there's 3 in platinum and "people who have this pokemon also don't need more money and getting one on your own is crazy". It is what it is.

But, about Shiny Escavalier with no guard, as I said, I think it is part of the luck factor of the game.

Lastly, bulbapedia doesn't mention Escavalier having the ability no guard (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Escavalier_(Pokémon)), only Karrablast. And I believe that the staff only added no guard to Shiny Aegislash cause its pre-evolutions in-game don't have shiny form and the same cannot be applied for Shiny Escavalier.

Last edited:

Soksok

Reaction score
Well, in my case the same could be said about Crystal Onix, there's 3 in platinum and "people who have this pokemon also don't need more money and getting one on your own is crazy". It is what it is.

But, about Shiny Escavalier with no guard, as I said, I think it is part of the luck factor of the game.

Lastly, bulbapedia doesn't mention Escavalier having the ability no guard (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Escavalier_(Pokémon)), only Karrablast. And I believe that the staff only added no guard to Shiny Aegislash cause its pre-evolutions in-game don't have shiny form and the same cannot be applied for Shiny Escavalier.

Bro, crystal onix what does he have to do here? crystal onix is a catch and here is a thread about the ability of a pokemon, in this case "no guard" in shiny escavalier.

Bulbapedia also does not mention that Dusknoir, Gallade or Aegislash can have the levitation ability, trace or no guard, but it is because they are shinys and getting their secret ability would be almost impossible, to not to call it impossible, the same happens with shiny escavalier, you cannot go and catch 16 shiny karrablast to try to get a shiny escavalier with no guard, it makes no sense that other shinys can have the secret ability of their pre-evolutions and shiny escavalier does not...

Ashtib

Reaction score

I agree with soksok, has no sense catch 10 shiny karrablast or more to try get one ability, already is hard catch a shiny poke. And about "luck". If they put no guard on poke will be the first poke with 4 abilities so resets dont gonna be easy.

But lets wait for stng reply.

marshalldx53

Reaction score
I agree we should just wait for the staff's position about this.

Bro, crystal onix what does he have to do here? crystal onix is a catch and here is a thread about the ability of a pokemon, in this case "no guard" in shiny escavalier.

Crystal Onix is just an example since you were complaining about not finding someone to sell sh escavalier with no guard to you. The same is happening with me regarding Crystal Onix. In my opinion, you can't ask something to change just cause you cannot find a way to get one pokemon you want. It is what it is, just deal with it.

Bulbapedia also does not mention that Dusknoir, Gallade or Aegislash can have the levitation ability, trace or no guard, but it is because they are shinys and getting their secret ability would be almost impossible, to not to call it impossible, the same happens with shiny escavalier, you cannot go and catch 16 shiny karrablast to try to get a shiny escavalier with no guard, it makes no sense that other shinys can have the secret ability of their pre-evolutions and shiny escavalier does not...

Do you see any Shiny Duskull or Shiny Kirlia in-game? No, right? That's why shiny Gallade has trace and Shiny Dusknoir has levitate cause otherwise they wouldn't be able to learn these abilities. Now, shiny escavalier is a different case cause it has the possibility ((in-game)) of evolving from shiny karrablast and keeping the no guard ability. It isn't that hard to understand my point. That's why I disagree with adding no guard to shiny escavalier.

It is just a luck factor. I'm not saying it is not hard to get one but it doesn't necessary means you will need to CATCH 16 SHINY KARRABLAST to get one Shiny Escavalier with no guard. If you are lucky just like these other people who already have one, you could maybe get this shiny pokemon with this ability on your first try. Who knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back