What's new

Welcome!

Shiny Ariados

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
I think Shiny Ariados needs a rebalance because as things stand most people like regular Ariados better because of Fell Stinger + Infestation combo. So, without further ado, here's my suggestion;

Current Moveset

sariados.png

My Changes

Change Facade - lvl 40 - 15s for Poison Jab - lvl 40 - 20s OR Attack Order lvl 40 - 15s OR Snatch - lvl 40 - 20s
Change Fury Swipes - lvl 60 - 50s for Infestation - lvl 60 - 50s OR Venom Blast - lvl 60 - 50s(I would suggest Lunge but not sure if there are many Shiny Ariadoses with Lunge)

My reason for these changes;

So, Shiny Ariados is bad. It loses a Dark type move and a Bug type move to get 2 Normal type moves. They don't help in PvE(as much as a bug or poison move would). And they do not counter Ariados' weaknesses on PvP. Ariados has enough moves to damage / kill a Psy type. It can dmg Fire and Flying types with its Poison type skills. It can also dmg Rock and Ground types with its Bug type moves. It cannot damage Steel types at all and Normal type moves does not help in any way to do so. Now, I know Ariados is not weak to Ground nor Steel type but due to its typing it can have a hard time dealing with them. Adding new Bug and Poison type moves would make it much more viable in PvE. Facade for Snatch can help it deal a bit of dmg to Steel types on PvP. I am not a PvP expert(at least not anymore), so I would love to hear from people who like PvP and USED SHINY ARIADOS.
Please feel free to voice your opinions, but I would especially like to hear from Shiny Ariados users because it kinda looks "good on paper".

Last edited:

demzpacito

Reaction score
Toxic Thread should have a 50s cooldown (and maybe dmg nerfed a bit because each hit deals 2.4k dmg while standard damage for this kind of move is 1.8k, except for c geot's tornado which shoud also be nerfed)

Fury Swipes should be removed from TM Learnset since its on Moveset

There should be a learning restriction between Sludge Rain and Lunge

Shiny Ariados has currently 3 atks that are in a group of moves categorized as the higher base dmg: Fury Swipes, Fell Stinger, Toxic Thread, all of them with also amazing range. One can argue Fury Swipes will never have super effectivness on other pokes but still if you think about these 3 atks + Sludge/Lunge it seems too op for me

demzpacito

Reaction score
Problem of Shiny Ariados RN imo is its lack of resistance. It hardly survives any resp that is not grass (to which it has double resistance). Adding Sleep Talk to TM Learnset would solve it IMO

shellman

Reaction score
Problem of Shiny Ariados RN imo is its lack of resistance. It hardly survives any resp that is not grass (to which it has double resistance). Adding Sleep Talk to TM Learnset would solve it IMO

or maybe fix that poison gas effect on wild pokes or change a move for Swarm in its moveset

demzpacito

Reaction score
or maybe fix that poison gas effect on wild pokes or change a move for Swarm in its moveset

I cant think of Poison Gas as a great defensive move due to its small range. On a resp with many pokes half of them wont be affected, even if this issue is fixed (I actually dont know what you're talking about, I thought poison gas worked fine on wilds, but it doesnt affect my point).

And adding Swarm to moveset would give it 2 stuns, and I dont think removing Sticky Web is a great idea since its great for duels and almost "signaturistic" of Ariados, one can say

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
I cant think of Poison Gas as a great defensive move due to its small range. On a resp with many pokes half of them wont be affected, even if this issue is fixed (I actually dont know what you're talking about, I thought poison gas worked fine on wilds, but it doesnt affect my point).

And adding Swarm to moveset would give it 2 stuns, and I dont think removing Sticky Web is a great idea since its great for duels and almost "signaturistic" of Ariados, one can say

Prob he means that poison gas and other "gas" spells doesn't prevent wild pokemons from using skills in 100%(sometimes they cast spells while inside gas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back