What's new

Welcome!

Servers slower than normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
You may have noticed than Diamond is running slower than normal (Platinum will as well after restart), I will explain the reason of this in this thread.

Last days, after new year, servers have been crashing too often, Diamond specially have suffered 3 crashes in 3 days, now crashes are expected and almost always fixable, but the last crashes have been due to a really difficult problem to find; memory corruption. The fix to this issue may be easy but finding it is almost impossible without the assistance of external tools, servers are now running in a special enviroment that will help to find the origin of the memory corruption so I can fix it, sadly this enviroment also makes everything run slower (the average slowdown of the instrumented program is ~2x) this was the best tool I could find and with the least impact in performance, other tools have an even worse slowdown:

xYRLDbW.png

Sadly I will have to run servers in this enviroment till I can find the reason of the corruption (I need it to crash in order to find the problem lol).

I hope you can understand and sorry for the inconveniences.

Kirigaya-Kazuto

Reaction score
Meanwhile, players lose items / pokemons, are only reimbursed by those who have sufiscient details, the staff treats poorly and still bans / notifies those who oppose their attitudes.

Szacho

Reaction score
Meanwhile, players lose items / pokemons, are only reimbursed by those who have sufiscient details, the staff treats poorly and still bans / notifies those who oppose their attitudes.

XD

What are you talking about man? XD Jano wrote apologizes - BAD. PA staff giving back lost pokes by players - BAD. PA staff making events - BAD. PA staff making a big changes, including Alola, quests, new hunt laces - BAD. A large part of you can see only negatives, can only criticize and you can't appreciate, that server stay couple of years without reset, without bigger problems (like offline for 1 week for example). You can always change serwer for another if you think that this one is bad and pa staff is bad and everything is bad...

I bet, that PA staff didn't rollback items/pokes lost duo to server crashes because it's not their fault (I might be wrong) and in my opinion they're right.

Thats all.

Receptor

Reaction score
XD

What are you talking about man? XD Jano wrote apologizes - BAD. PA staff giving back lost pokes by players - BAD. PA staff making events - BAD. PA staff making a big changes, including Alola, quests, new hunt laces - BAD. A large part of you can see only negatives, can only criticize and you can't appreciate, that server stay couple of years without reset, without bigger problems (like offline for 1 week for example). You can always change serwer for another if you think that this one is bad and pa staff is bad and everything is bad...

I bet, that PA staff didn't rollback items/pokes lost duo to server crashes because it's not their fault (I might be wrong) and in my opinion they're right.

Thats all.

Polać mu!

Thx Jano <3 (Jemu też polać)

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score

Not true, i wasnt right with them, with their opinion ect. Many times.
Sometimes i was very irritaing and they didnt ban me.
Do you know why? Because your own opinion isnt punishable, of course of you do something bad you will get ban/dell soon or later..
This what Jano wrote in that post is fair with everyone, you cant say its bad, but you do. Why? He apologized he is working to fix it... He want to fix these crashes so it's good for game.
P.S Dont be bigger cry baby than me, they are trying to be fair with everyone.

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
guys I was able to find and repair a very important crash bug thanks to the tool, the fix was implemented during the last restart, we will still be running the servers inside this enviroment for a while incase new crashes appear (I doubt that was the only one)

Sucrilhosforever

I'm a Community Manager. Animes sux. They are just
Reaction score
guys I was able to find and repair a very important crash bug thanks to the tool, the fix was implemented during the last restart, we will still be running the servers inside this enviroment for a while incase new crashes appear (I doubt that was the only one)
thanks for keeping us informed, we hope the crashes are long gone =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back