What's new

Welcome!

Review: How "Useless" Pokemons can become a bit "usefull", with just a small change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raszagal

Reaction score
Review: How "Useless" Pokemons can become a bit "usefull", with just a small change.

Well, we all know this... at the moment on PA, all players Always use the Same pokes. On certain lvls It's almost a Sin have a team without an Alakazam, or Gengar, or Blastoise, Like if only 20 pokes exist on all the game.

This kind of thread has been discussed Many.. many Times, and we have been hardly listened by the Admins. And they have their reasons, they're quite Busy Working hard on the Update, To bring it to us in the date that nino set on Facebook (December).

For now, and as a way to Help and make this Game more Funny (because there're some players that enjoy to collect differents types of pokemons, Like me), We'll Discuss in this thread, wich kind of "Useless" pokes, need a Review... On all ways, Defense, Damage, Etc.

Alba Confirmed that she'll Balance the Kanto pokes once They finish with all the work of the Update, But, we can Help with that, suggesting realistic changes on the Pokes, that nowadays, are Useless, and usually, selled at Npc, or given away to newbie players.

Among the time I've been here using the Forum, as an Active member, I've created 2 Thread with suggestions for pokes.. one for Sandslash and another one related to Pidgeot v/s Fearow, so those pokes doesn't need to be mentioned on this Thread.

I made a "fast" review with the most useless pokemons now. For now, I'll just Suggest some changes on the Delays, because some Cooldowns on their attacks, are simple absurds.. So let's check them.

Beedrill

beedrill.jpg

Well, at first view.. Beedrill needs a Full review on the number of attacks. 6 Movements;3 attacks, 2 Buffs and 1 Speed modifier.
According to Bulbapedia, Beedrill can Learn more movements.. based on that Site, I strongly Suggest to add the movements "Toxic Spikes" to beedrill.
- The Cooldowns of Beedrill are Quite good, not event Slow or Too much Faster.
- These changes should be maded in Both versions, Cloned/Ncloned
- It clearly need a Boost in his Hp, maybe increasing his actual Hp to 30-35% would become him a Bit usefull
- The damage Is fine for me, changing the Damage would become him a bit "OP"

Cloyster

cloyster.jpg

Well, nothing to say about the number of attacks in cloyster, just a small suggestions about Cooldowns
- Aurora Beam Cd should be decreased to 25-30 instead of 40, When using a Cloyster.. the Ice type attacks are the most usefull thing, But with the high Cd's of them, you transform cloyster in an useless pokemon.
- Cloyster's Harden should be a Passive.
- Blizzard's Cd should be reduced to 60 second, instead of 70
- Increase Hp in 10-15% and Defense, It's quite Weak atm.. Even a Grass poke (Without Stuns) can kill it.

Dewgong

dewgong.jpg

Well, a lot of players have talked about Dewgong before, so i'm based mainly on what they said about it.
- Ice beam should be reduced to 23 secs instead of 28
- Icy Wind should be reduced to 28 secs instead of 35
- Aurora Beam should be reduced to 35 Secs instead of 40 (even small changes helps A lot on this shity pokes).
- Maybe Boost the Hp or Defense of Dewgong in 5-10%, actually isn't needed too much, due the Fact that is has a healing Skill (Rest)

Dodrio

dodrio.jpg

Well well well.. what've got here.. A pokemon Similar to Beedrill, just 6 moves; 3 attacks, 2 Buffs and 1 Blind movement (quite useless if you're Dueling against players)
First of all, You need to check the Learnset of Dodrio by Lvl Up. Now, the real suggestion
- Dodrio's Hp isn't bad at all, for being an useless pokemon.. So isn't important to modify his Hp gain per level.. maybe just a bit .. mmm..5-10% would be ok.
- His Defense Sucks.. Maybe a Boost.
- In damage therms, Dodrio isn't bad at all.. as said before, the only problem here are the Attacks, well the number of attacks.
- There are some movements that can be added in the Future: Peck, Tri Attack and Pursuit.
- Reduce the Cd on some movements as Rage (from 120 to 30-40), Drill Peck (from 20 to 15-18), Pluck (from 25 to 20-22), Strafe (from 60 to 20-30)

Dugtrio

dugtrion.jpg

Have one of you ever Seen someone buying a Dugtrio?. This pokemon is Surelly the most Useless pokemon ever, isn't even used for Find Hole, because Diglett is more Easy and cheaper to Get.
To Become him in something "useable", It need a lot of Boost
- Delays.. Really.. if you ever used a Dugtrio you'll notice that After using all their movements, you can't make another good attack in like 10 Seconds, because the damage of Mud Shot and Mud Slap is a funny.
- Hp, Defense and Damage of Dugtrio need a Great Boost.. Maybe the only skill that's "fine" atm is Earthquake, but his high Cd makes it Useless.
- Rage Should be Reduced , From 120 second I strongly suggest to reduce it to 40-45 seconds.
- Shockwave should be reduced from 70 to 40 secs
- Earthshock should be reduded from 35 to 28-30 secs
- Earthquake should be reduced from 70 to 55 secs.

Electrode

electrode.jpg

At first view, electrode seems ok, But the damage of their skills is awful.
- Electrode's rollout damage should be increased (And Cloned electrode's Rollout Damage should be Reduced), Against Weakness it hits like 180 per hit ._.
- According to his Learnset by Lvl, Electrode can Learn Swift, I think that a normal Type would be Ok, specially when facing enemies resistant against Electric damage.
- Boost his Hp and Defense, because is quite weak.
- Thunderstorm's Cd should be reduced from 100 to 70 secs, so instead of using 1 thunderstorm each 3 rollout, it will be able to use 1 thunderstorm each 2 rollouts.
- Thunder Shock's Cd should be reduced from 15, to 10 secons, Electrodes need a"fast" attack.

Kingler (by Bones)
kingler.png

In attack it is not the best, but the attacks are a little fine, it just need some changes.
- It doesn't learn "Fury Cutter", so it should be replace by "Metal Claw". Remember: It pincer is very strong.
- It should have a little more attack. (just a little)
- Bubble should be reduced to 10 instead of 15.
- Bubblebeam should be reduced to 15 instead of 20.

Magneton (by Bones)
magneton.png

It is one of the eight electric pokemon on the game, but it's no the best.
- The most important thing: Low defense. Magneton should have like 10% more.
- Electric Storm should be reduced to 70 instead of 100.
- It attack should be increased to 5-10%.

Muk (by Bones)
muk.png

I think it's the best poison type pokemon. But it attacks are so common.
- Mud Bomb should be replace by Sludge Bomb.
- Posion Bomb should be replace by Gunk Shot.
- Mud Slap movement should be added (Rasz).

Raichu (by Danixx)

Raichu is a good pokemon just needs a bit of cooldown fixing and hp increase;

- M3, Thunder Bolt; It is a powerful move but should be brought down to 15 sec like Thunder Shock.
- M5, Thunder Punch; It is also powerful but the cooldowns make it a bit hard to kill its target.
- M6, Iron Tail; Needs its cd lowered to 10-15 sec, as it only hits 600-700.
- M8, Electric Storm; This cd went off wild at 100 sec, I approve that it is Raichu's best move but 100 sec? It should be lowered to 50-60.
- M9, Agility; Make the cd higher to 20 sec and increase its duration from 5 secs to 10 secs.

Raichu's HP should be increased a bit as it owns around 6k hp on lvl 60 making it possible for a water pokemon that is fished to kill it. It barely stands a chance with its current hp and cooldowns to kill 2 starmies fished out in a row.

Exeggutor
exeggcutor.jpg

Maybe some players didn't know it, But i'm like 95% sure that Exeggcutor has the Strongest Leaf storm skill of the Game.
I think this poke Is pretty Good, on all aspects, So I'll not suggest any "big change", just 3 small things about Cd's.
- Leech Seed's Cd should be reduced from 20, to 15 Secs
- Solar Beam's Cd should be reduced from 60 to 40, after all It doesn't deal a great ammount of damage.
- Psychic's Cd should be reduced from 35 to 25 (even Confusion is faster than Psychic)

Working now on:

Ninetails
Hypno
Lickytung
Machamp
Marowak
Persian
Primeape
Rapidash
Raticate
Sandslash
Slowbro
Starmie
Tentacruel
Vileplume
Weezing

Last edited:

Raszagal

Reaction score
Farfetch'd

11414176.jpg

According to the Learnset by Lvl of Farfetch'd, some skills should be added, other replaced. And about farfetch'd in Deep, honestly.. I think his Damage, HP and Defense are Ok, just the Cd's of their Attacks should be Analized in Deep.
- Drill Peck's Cd, should be reduced in 2-3 secs, Or maybe, it can be replaced with Fury Cutter.
- In the Future, maybe you can add "Peck" or "Aerial Ace" (this one can also be added to a lot of "fly" type).
- The Cd's of Stickmerang, Stickslash and Wing attack, should be reduced in 2-3 Secs each.
- Strafe's Cd should be reduced from 60, to 30-35 secs

Last edited:

Bones

Reaction score
I'll help you with Kingler, Magneton and Muk.

Kingler
kingler.png

In attack it is not the best, but the attacks are a little fine, it just need some changes.
- It doesn't learn "Fury Cutter", so it should be replace by "Metal Claw". Remember: It pincer is very strong.
- It should have a little more attack. (just a little)
- Bubble should be reduced to 10 instead of 15.
- Bubblebeam should be reduced to 15 instead of 20.

Magneton
magneton.png

It is one of the eight electric pokemon on the game, but it's no the best.
- The most important thing: Low defense. Magneton should have like 10% more.
- Electric Storm should be reduced to 70 instead of 100.
- It attack should be increased to 5-10%.

Muk
muk.png

I think it's the best poison type pokemon. But it attacks are so common.
- Mud Bomb should be replace by Sludge Bomb.
- Posion Bomb should be replace by Gunk Shot.

Last edited:

Garga zu

Reaction score
kinglers crabhammer shoule change from normal type to water type, as it is im real.

Torkal24

Reaction score
Well, i have a primeape and i think I could help.
Is a Fight type pokemon but its almost useless.
I thinks its because of low hp/defense, it dies alot.
Movement speed. I dont know if it could be improved, but when I use fear, my Primeape can't reach the enemy.

I dont know about Cd's so that part for you xD

Razioo

Reaction score
Some pokes are just meant to be weak, whats next a caterpie soloing elder zard quest?

Rasun

Reaction score
That would be cool to see someone using a dugtrio to kill charizard :(

Pipoxo

Reaction score
great thread.
I'll help with exeggutor as soon as I can connect. (not in my home right now)

mmarvim

Reaction score
Well, we all know this... at the moment on PA, all players Always use the Same pokes. On certain lvls It's almost a Sin have a team without an Alakazam, or Gengar, or Blastoise, Like if only 20 pokes exist on all the game.

This kind of thread has been discussed Many.. many Times, and we have been hardly listened by the Admins. And they have their reasons, they're quite Busy Working hard on the Update, To bring it to us in the date that nino set on Facebook (December).

For now, and as a way to Help and make this Game more Funny (because there're some players that enjoy to collect differents types of pokemons, Like me), We'll Discuss in this thread, wich kind of "Useless" pokes, need a Review... On all ways, Defense, Damage, Etc.

Alba Confirmed that she'll Balance the Kanto pokes once They finish with all the work of the Update, But, we can Help with that, suggesting realistic changes on the Pokes, that nowadays, are Useless, and usually, selled at Npc, or given away to newbie players.

Among the time I've been here using the Forum, as an Active member, I've created 2 Thread with suggestions for pokes.. one for Sandslash and another one related to Pidgeot v/s Fearow, so those pokes doesn't need to be mentioned on this Thread.

I made a "fast" review with the most useless pokemons now. For now, I'll just Suggest some changes on the Delays, because some Cooldowns on their attacks, are simple absurds.. So let's check them.

Beedrill

Cloyster

Dewgong

Dodrio

Dugtrio

Electrode

Kingler (by Bones)

Magneton (by Bones)

Muk (by Bones)

Working now on:

Exeggcutor
Farfetch'd
Lickytung
Machamp
Marowak
Persian
Primeape
Raichu
Rapidash
Raticate
Sandslash
Slowbro
Starmie
Tentacruel
Vileplume
Weezing

And about Pinsir, Change the power called Guilotine plis

Khan

Reaction score
Remove machamp & raichu. Both are balanced.

@ electrode, my 103 golem hits 400 with rollout vs zard, while cloned electrode hits at lvl 61 1.3k+. So it's totally OP needs to be nerfed big time. Otherwise at lvl 100+ cloned electrode will solo elder zard, if you have many sing pokemon.

danixx

Reaction score

Raichu is a good pokemon just needs a bit of cooldown fixing and hp increase;
M3, Thunder Bolt; It is a powerful move but should be brought down to 15 sec like Thunder Shock.
M5, Thunder Punch; It is also powerful but the cooldowns make it a bit hard to kill its target.
M6, Iron Tail; Needs its cd lowered to 10-15 sec, as it only hits 600-700.
M8, Electric Storm; This cd went off wild at 100 sec, I approve that it is Raichu's best move but 100 sec? It should be lowered to 50-60.
M9, Agility; Make the cd higher to 20 sec and increase its duration from 5 secs to 10 secs.

Raichu's HP should be increased a bit as it owns around 6k hp on lvl 60 making it possible for a water pokemon that is fished to kill it. It barely stands a chance with its current hp and cooldowns to kill 2 starmies fished out in a row.

Last edited:

Razioo

Reaction score
Remove machamp & raichu. Both are balanced.

@ electrode, my 103 golem hits 400 with rollout vs zard, while cloned electrode hits at lvl 61 1.3k+. So it's totally OP needs to be nerfed big time. Otherwise at lvl 100+ cloned electrode will solo elder zard, if you have many sing pokemon.

I bet you would be asking to buff the rollout even more if u had an electrode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back